lakerboy24

Just curious...

36 posts in this topic

I hope this isn't too much of a personal or touchy subject but seeing that whole thing all over the news with Charlie Sheen being HIV positive the other week made me start thinking. This is directed at both providers and clients alike, do you ever have that thought in the back of your head that you're partaking in particularly a high risk situation where you can catch something? I know some providers offer BBBJ/DATY/kissing and there is still a chance no matter how small it is that something can be contracted either way, whether it being from the provider or the client. There's also a possibility a condom can break/fail and something can be contracted that way. What's your opinion on all that and do you guys get regularly tested? 

No we don't think about it.  Don't want to think about it.  Don't want to hear about it.  Don't want to talk about it. Hush, go away.  Talk about something else.

4 minutes ago, Badboy said:

No we don't think about it.  Don't want to think about it.  Don't want to hear about it.  Don't want to talk about it. Hush, go away.  Talk about something else.

Even in jest it's a dangerous attitude. We should think about it and we should talk about it.

STD's are certainly a possibility if services are uncovered/unprotected. HIV is a whole separate issue. Not sure if it is passed simply by as you say "...BBBJ, DATY, Kissing...". There may be someone who is qualified to answer how HIV is transmitted but I'm certainly not and I'm not about to chime in either way. 

My first impression is that he has insulted the ladies by saying do YOU get tested frequently.  My first thought was do YOU (the OP) show up at appointments with your latest report card?

Goes both ways.

1 hour ago, Riggo said:

My first impression is that he has insulted the ladies by saying do YOU get tested frequently.  My first thought was do YOU (the OP) show up at appointments with your latest report card?

Goes both ways.

Personally, I read that as "Do you guys (everybody on the board) get tested?". I get tested every time I have a physical. No big deal. :)

If anyone is unsure about the risk of contracting HIV, please, read this: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/index.html

15 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Personally, I read that as "Do you guys (everybody on the board) get tested?". I get tested every time I have a physical. No big deal. :)

If anyone is unsure about the risk of contracting HIV, please, read this: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/index.html

Every time I get a physical... Being a typical avoid docs kind of guy, I would be tested only when a leg or arm was falling off. :-)

55 minutes ago, Riggo said:

Every time I get a physical... Being a typical avoid docs kind of guy, I would be tested only when a leg or arm was falling off. :-)

As you age those physicals become annual events. 

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I would hope that this isn't really all that common. I don't mean physicals but testing for STIs and HIV.

3 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I am way aged. :-)  And those doctor fellows will find something wrong with with me that costs money to treat! :-)

And for the first time in history, I agree with Lucy!  None of my physicals have ever included tests for STDs! :-D

11 minutes ago, Riggo said:

... None of my physicals have ever included tests for STDs! :-D

You have to ask for them. 

I understand concern if your SO has access to you medical records. How do you deny her HIPA privileges & how do you explain wanting the tests?

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I understand concern if your SO has access to you medical records. How do you deny her HIPA privileges & how do you explain wanting the tests?

Good point.  I was just pointing out for that for the first time in history I agreed with Lucy... Didn't think much beyond that. :-)

Also, I go back to the whole arm or leg falling off.  I don't like doctors.

Or dentists, lawyers or accountants for that matter.  Anyone I have to pay a lot of money to is low on my favored person list... Except the lovely ladies off course. :-)

Edited by Riggo

3 hours ago, pfunk said:

Yeah exactly I meant it as everyone involved, providers and clients alike. 

11 hours ago, Riggo said:

I am way aged. :-)  And those doctor fellows will find something wrong with with me that costs money to treat! :-)

And for the first time in history, I agree with Lucy!  None of my physicals have ever included tests for STDs! :-D

You just can't find room to argue, If you did you I am sure you would disagree. Are you asking for STI testing?

11 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Your medical records aren't handed over so easily even if your wife has the power to pick up your records. Chances are no spouse is going to their primary doc wanting physical results.

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Your medical records aren't handed over so easily even if your wife has the power to pick up your records. Chances are no spouse is going to their primary doc wanting physical results.

My SO has gone over my lab results after my annual physical previously. Not necessarily looking for STD's, rather wondering when my massive heart attack or stroke will occur. Sometimes I wonder if she's already picked out a spot on the mantle for my ashes.

4 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

As life threatening conditions arose, we both scoured each other's test results. Two sets of eyes, two sets of ears, two brains working on the problem(s), especially when one has been compromised by chemo, etc. 

57 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

As life threatening conditions arose, we both scoured each other's test results. Two sets of eyes, two sets of ears, two brains working on the problem(s), especially when one has been compromised by chemo, etc. 

Yes and both aware of what the other is doing. I spent 5 years doing Release of Information for a hospital. It's a pain in the ass. Sharing with spouses still requires your permission. There are limits and rules as to what information can be shared and with who. It's complicated and fascinating if that's your thing.

12 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

You just can't find room to argue, If you did you I am sure you would disagree. Are you asking for STI testing?

Lucy... Of course I could find room to argue, mostly because I like pushing your buttons and you have the Staples large EASY button to push. :-)

And no, I am not asking for STD testing because I avoid physicals at all costs. I want my death to be a surprise. :-)

16 hours ago, Riggo said:

Lucy... Of course I could find room to argue, mostly because I like pushing your buttons and you have the Staples large EASY button to push. :-)

And no, I am not asking for STD testing because I avoid physicals at all costs. I want my death to be a surprise. :-)

Amen!

Yes I get tested. 

I was just tested few weeks ago.

I show my papers with with my real name on it. 

I also advertise I get tested. 

About 10days ago, I made recent change during my process of booking. I now ask "every potential" client when was the last time he was tested. What was his test results. It will soon be on my booking form too.

Edited by Nikki Holiday

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 8:36 PM, Bit Banger said:

And I might add- One physical problem (like cancer) for example, and the medical professionals will call you and remind you it's time to come see them. OH HOW THEY LOVE US!

btw, anytime you have a  complete blood work up done, if anything abnormal shows up, THEY will tell you.

Edited by Jez UaBriain

I ask to be tested at every physical, mainly to see look on my doc's face when I say "cause I get around".  She has a cute smirk.  And before you ask about the she part, cause she is damn good and go ahead - pick a doctor with big masculine fat fingers and tell me how the prostate exam goes. :lol:

Oh, and always negative after all these years.  Be safe out there.

Yep.  Of course I think about it in the back of my mind, and that is why I overwhelmingly do FBSM. I've done FS six times over the last seven years, and it's possible that I may never again do FS again with a provider for other reasons. 

I have never been tested for anything, and everything appears to be fine. I have asked many TOB-ers about the whole disease thing. No one is going to actually reveal anything, but I have seen the following quite a bit: "I have not so much as caught a cold from these ladies."  Many will also tell you that getting it on with a civilian is far more risky.  After all, the providers do all FS covered. As one frequent provider/poster so eloquently taught us; Whores know what they are doing and sluts do not. 

5 minutes ago, pitbull said:

...  Many will also tell you that getting it on with a civilian is far more risky.  After all, the providers do all FS covered. As one frequent provider/poster so eloquently taught us; Whores know what they are doing and sluts do not. 

I prefer "A professional takes care of her toolkit."

BTW: FBSM is not STD-risk free, especially if it include oral. 😗

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I prefer "A professional takes care of her toolkit."

BTW: FBSM is not STD-risk free, especially if it include oral. 😗

Agreed. My FBSM does not include oral (unfortunately), so it is merely hands stroking the schvonstooka. If my luck is so bad that I contract a disease from that, well, so be it.  And yes, the word "whore" is crass, but a few ladies have defended the term and are not fazed by it at all.  Notorious former poster "Destiny" went into detail on this matter, but I like your toolkit reference better. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 10:48 AM, lakerboy24 said:

do you ever have that thought in the back of your head that you're partaking in particularly a high risk situation where you can catch something? I know some providers offer BBBJ/DATY/kissing and there is still a chance no matter how small it is that something can be contracted either way, whether it being from the provider or the client. There's also a possibility a condom can break/fail and something can be contracted that way. What's your opinion on all that and do you guys get regularly tested? 

No more so than I think through most situations including crossing the street, relighting the furnace or eating at Chipotle. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 7:00 PM, MisterBigShot said:

STD's are certainly a possibility if services are uncovered/unprotected. HIV is a whole separate issue. Not sure if it is passed simply by as you say "...BBBJ, DATY, Kissing...". There may be someone who is qualified to answer how HIV is transmitted but I'm certainly not and I'm not about to chime in either way. 

Sexually active in 2015 and you are unsure about HIV?  May want to re-think that position. 

I hobby rarely, and I'm tested after each visit. I don't have an SO, but if the opportunity arises, I'd like to go in knowing I'm clear. 

Preamble- I'm not advocating bare back. 

As for STDs, they certainly are a risk. Just not as huge as health class made it seem. Most of us, in school, were taught about it with the goal being to discourage sex rather than to educate us about the diseases themselves. Infection rates are low across the board, especially in the US. Before anyone rounds up the pitchfork mob, that's not the same thing as saying they don't exist, they're just not as common as we were led to believe. Men are at risk, but much less so than women in a hetro encounter. Anyone receiving anything anally, including men, are at an increased risk over women receiving anything vaginally. That's partly why the AIDS epidemic seemed to affect the gay community so hard when it first emerged. Anal is the easiest way to sexually transmit anything.

HIV and BBBJ- HIV doesn't survive long at all outside of the body. So, there needs to be some sort of sustained contact between the virus and it's host cells. Although there aren't any recorded cases of oral transmission, it's not impossible (though it is unlikely). There would need to be a cut on the penis and a cut in her mouth, lining up in close proximity.  Semen can transport it, but again, it would need to line up with a cut in the mouth. If swallowed, stomach acids will kill it. 

The other incurable is HPV2. Condoms won't necessarily protect against it- it's transferred by skin to skin contact with an outbreak area. It can be transmitted slightly before an outbreak can be seen, but more typically during an outbreak. It's possible to be infected and never have a symptom. That one is always a gamble no matter what you do. 

There is a new strain of  gonorrhea going around that's resistant to antibiotics, pushing it closer to the list with HPV and HIV. Others, like the most common, chlamydia, are still relatively easy to treat. The risk is less in contracting it, and more in passing it on to an SO.

Condoms are a great way to help protect yourself. Sometimes they break. In my sexually active life, I've only ever had one break, so I'm not sure how common that is. BB is a risk, maybe slightly more here than just taking home a drunk woman from the bar, but it's not an instant case of something. As with everything in life, it's a risk/reward decision, so it's up to the participants to decide if they can afford to lose.