Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ebola & The Hobby

36 posts in this topic

Third confirmed case of Ebola in Dallas. Which got me thinking, Dallas is a pretty big hobby city.

Ebola could be spread easily through the hobby.

How widespread would this epidemic have to be before you consider not participating in the hobby?

Good question,Destiny. Considering what we know about the transmission factors of this disease. It is not a airborne pathogen. And it is transmitted through bodily fluids. Saliva (no kissing) semen(no fucking) explosive diarrhea (those inclined for scat play) . This could be tough for the hobby trade in Dallas, yes. But fortunately the health authorities seem to be keeping it under control.

Meanwhile keep practicing safe sex and wear a condom. Kissing could be a problem though. Sad, because I like kissing multiple places.

Thank you Destiny for touching on this taboo subject. The adult business is no doubt going to be effective. Even with protection (Condoms) that will not be enough to prevent juices from flowing. So we are again saddled with how much risk are we willing to take.?

Everyone take care, Slim

How widespread would this epidemic have to be before you consider not participating in the hobby?

I think the biggest risk in this hobby is still a car accident on the way to or from the appointment.

But it's possible that Ebola is not contained and that would change things significantly. It's a good question. I wouldn't really stop hobbying (even in Dallas where I travel occasionally) until we're hearing about dozens of new infections per week in the US.

With the pandemic going on in Texas, I wonder what extra steps the providers are taking to protect themselves?. it will eventually brings stereotypes. I know this is a sensitive topic lot of people would like to avoid to not be called names but it is worth to talk.

PS: I avoided to name the disease because I don't know if I will be flagged for that :)

Third confirmed case of Ebola in Dallas. Which got me thinking, Dallas is a pretty big hobby city.

Considering that nurse number 2 was on a commercial flight the day before she was diagnosed, I am starting to get concerned about the possibilities related to spread. So, I personally am planning on taking a break from the Hobby for a while. At least until a few weeks have passed before any new cases are reported.

I will not be getting my usual flue shot this year I know that much. The state of Connecticut issued a medical mandatory anyone presenting with flue like symptoms will be quarantine until you can prove you are not a risk.....

Folks this is much deeper than just a virus running amuck. There are billion of dollars at stake with this virus, its another way to get people to WILLINGLY GET THE VACCINATION. IF YOU WANT TO FLY GET THE SHOT, if you present at the hospital with flu like upper respiratory illnesses they will force you to take the vaccination or risk being placed in quarantine until who knows when. Bill Gates AND HIS CRONIES WILL make billions of dollars and thousands of people will die.

This is only going to get uglier.

This is a scary situation. An African friend here in Denver who likes to hobby, told me even the girls he used to see refuse to return his calls and the new ones he contacted when they hear his accent told him they are booked. With the disease going out of control and the growing psychoses, people will hobby less and less

Don't succumb to the racist fear-mongering of the right-wing media. There are much worse things that actually are currently widespread in the US, and there has been for as long as anybody here has been in the hobby. Google enterovirus or MRSA. If you're a germaphobe, you're most definitely in the wrong hobby.

wow, the FUD is overwhelming! 3 cases is hardly a pandemic, STOP watching cable news and the corporate media in general.

Glory Me! Da Ebola is here! We is all gonna die from Da Ebola!

Ebola is incredibly fucking fragile, people.

Corrected it for you. Ya know, eats, shoots, and leaves....;)

...enterovirus or MRSA

Yes! Saw something the other day re: what virii are easier to get and cause a heck of a lot more deaths in the USA. Add to above: HIV, Hep-C, flu, norovirus, RSV.

wow, the FUD is overwhelming! 3 cases is hardly a pandemic

One gets it over seas, the other two were basically swimming in fluids from person #1. As AuroraMike said: "Ebola is incredibly fucking fragile people".

More likely to catch an STD from a hooker or client than Ebola.

The state of Connecticut issued a medical mandatory anyone presenting with flue like symptoms will be quarantine until you can prove you are not a risk.....

I call bullshit.

What the governor of Connecticut said was that he can quarantine anyone who has a reasonable chance of having been exposed to Ebola. Not anyone with flu-like symptoms. There's a huge difference.

http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp?A=4010&Q=554440

Provide a link if you're referring to something else other than that statement by the governor.

Two or three cases in the U.S., one in Europe, etc. There is currently nothing to worry about as far as the hobby goes or daily life.

And yet, I bet that's what Rick thought about five seasons ago back there in Atlanta. Next thing you know, WALKERS EVERYWHERE.

It's good to see Destiny posting. Where has she been?

So far this thread hasn't veered too far into the FUD... so let's try to keep it that way, so it doesn't have to be closed.

Hundreds of thousands of people are living (and hobbying, don't kid yourself) with all sorts of communicable diseases that could change your life in a not so nice way. Including (but not limited to), HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Herpes, and so on.

Ebola is scary, for sure. I'm concerned too... but there is no reason to irrationally freak out. If you were handling the bodily fluids of a sick person who recently traveled from that part of the world, then you might be warranted to freak out. Otherwise, stay calm! ;)

In 2013 , 36,200 people died in car accidents . That is around one death every 15 minutes on average.

You always ask interesting questions - nice to see you post again!!

But to answer - it will take a lot more than two cases in people with direct contact with a guy who was very sick and in the fluid sharing stage. So far I think my odds of getting Ebola are less than for getting hit by lighting while turning in my winning lotto ticket.

But when the door opens if she is hacking, sneezing, shitting and bleeding I am leaving no matter how hot she is even if she used real pics. :eek::D

You always ask interesting questions - nice to see you post again!!

I totally agree! You have been missed, Destiny.

In a conversation about current events the other day, Ebola was singled out as the most significant. Not because of the threat of the dread disease, but because of fear's effect on our struggling economy. People reduce their travel, reduce their shopping (especially during the holiday season when stores make their annual profit), and reduce their eating out. In short, people will avoid crowds and crowded situations out of fear. Think of the damage this fear, not the disease, will do to our society.

Remember FDR's remark: We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

At this point, living in Denver, your odds are ZERO!

Go to Conn. get flu like symptoms and see what happens to you. Than tell me the governor said only IF you something something.

ok____

slim

Pandemic? Hardly... IF handled appropriately this SHOULD not spread in America. That said, because of our government's inability to handle almost anything efficiently or appropriately I wouldn't count on it. Only time will tell. Many more pressing fears in the hobby... Political correctness will probably kill us all before Ebola...

I agree the threat is ZERO right now, but the prudent thing is to stop all flights from Western Africa. How quickly do you think THEY would stop flights from America if we had some dread disease?

Get real. What about all the US aid workers and US military working over there? Going to make them stay there? What about those that travel somewhere else before coming to the US? It's a world problem not an African problem.

Get real. What about all the US aid workers and US military working over there? Going to make them stay there? What about those that travel somewhere else before coming to the US? It's a world problem not an African problem.

I don't believe there are any flight directly to the US. But, IMO, there needs to be a quarantine in the countries that have problems. Or in the 1st country that the airlines stop in.

Remember how fast some countries stopped beef imports, and still do, when there was 1 or 2 confirmed cases of BSE, mad cow disease, in the US?

Now the Mexican government refuses to let a cruise ship dock because a person is a lab supervisor while an ebola patient was at their hospital.

The USA is fearful of being non-PC. Other countries could care less. :rolleyes:

I am "getting real." It is essentially an African problem NOW, but your philosophy will make it a world problem. Obviously, anyone seeking to re-enter the U.S. lawfully would go through a quarantine process. It's not that complicated.

wow. How selective. How about enterovirus d68? A lot more contagious and a more profound impact in the USA. ASP's are their own worse enemies.