Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2Big

Say No To The Bro-Hug

14 posts in this topic

Awww, poor 2Big. Did hims get a hug he didn't want? There, there, don't cry. It's all over now, little guy.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! :P

tumblr_lw28yoPUK11r0wg3r.jpg

pfunk: hahahahahaha!

2Big: I hope someone ass slaps you on your next bro hug. ;)

I don't particularly like bro hugs either esp from someone who is not a close friend. Nothing to do with homophobia or chubby's. Got ass slapped a lot when I was playing ball but see no place for it now unless by a female.

It is the equivalent of a young lady calling you "sweetie" when she knows your name. You'll live.

With someone I barely know, NO way get off me. With a good friend or family member, different story. I have noticed over the years of how huggy guys have gotten. Personally a good hand shake and a pat on the shoulder or back is good enough for me.

If the bro-hug gets too bro-tastic, I just start humping the dude's leg. That breaks it off right away & prevents repeats. Problem solved.

With someone I barely know, NO way get off me. With a good friend or family member, different story. I have noticed over the years of how huggy guys have gotten. Personally a good hand shake and a pat on the shoulder or back is good enough for me.

Good to see someone here hasn't swallow the blue pill:

<snip>

"The Truth shall set you free..."

Edited by Kaduk
No longer relevant

Good to see someone here hasn't swallow the blue pill:

"The Truth shall set you free..."

I am not sure if I should say thanks or not. As with any new movement, this needs to be seriously taken with a GIANT grain of salt. I am all for men being strong, confident, masculine beings but, not at the expense of another human being. My first problem is that this red pill/blue pill concept is a subset of reddit. I am not going to go to deep into it so I will post this link and you can decide for yourselves. I cannot subscribe to either a red or blue pill...purple maybe.

SO FOR THOSE WANTING TO UNDERSTAND what the hell the reference is in regard to

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-red-pill-reddit-2013-8

Edited by Kaduk
fix quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/fashion/the-bro-hug-embracing-a-change-in-custom.html?_r=0

Can't be the only one who hates it when some random dude tries to bro-hug you.:cool:

No, you are not.

It is the equivalent of a young lady calling you "sweetie" when she knows your name. You'll live.

Sorry, Jez. Not remotely the same. One is an annoying remark. The other is an unwelcome and unacceptable invasion of my private space by "some random dude" trying to look/act cool.

With someone I barely know, NO way get off me. With a good friend or family member, different story.

Very well said.

The bottom line is if I either know the person very well - and like them - or if I find them quite physically attractive (for me first requirement is female - just the way it is) then by all means hug away. Some dude I hardly know or don't know at all wanting to show how "with it" or cool he is or how great it is for random strangers to hug? No, back off and/or expect a forceful rejection. Just another example of how simple good manners have become a lost art.

Bwaaaa hahaha.....reminds me of when truly random dude embraced, then tried to kiss Will Smith on the mouth. Smith's reaction was priceless. :D:D:D:D