Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guiltypleasures007

No review ASPs

32 posts in this topic

Just curious why a provider would request this via TOB? I may be answering my own question here, but if you run a good operation, surely reviews, especially in this Internet day and age, would only increase business?

Any insight? Any ASP reading this that chooses no review status?

How about privacy issues? Keeping a low profile. Over the years -

• Some gals have had reviews & websites shared w/family members.
  • Some gals have had reviews & websites used against them in court, both civil & criminal.
  • Some gals have had reviews impact their business, in both positive & negative ways

I try to not put too much stock in the lack of reviews when it has been requested by the provider.

Being banned from the review board by the moderators for nefarious practices is a different matter. That I treat as a red flag.

Some gals have had reviews impact their business, in both positive & negative ways

I try to not put too much stock in the lack of reviews when it has been requested by the provider..

Re: positive/negative impact: for the most part, bullets 1 & 2 tend to be the main reason, but, business impact is fairly prevalent on the DnR list. Counted about 14 providers that would get "average" or lower reviews. Then again, most (9-10) of them are no longer working Denver (have not seen ads for months and or up to many years). Some still working FS (but not GFE no kissing or no UTF for example): might be great, but if a guy has a "must do" checklist, yeah, impacts her business. One misrepresenting looks and services in her ads.

But, yeah, don't put too much stock in the DnR list. Just move on to someone that does have reviews if the review thing is that important. Plenty of ladies out there.

Actually - ladies have different reasons and I think it is a personal choice. If it doesn't affect their business then why not! I see a lady periodically that is on the DNRlist (though I think she had reviews in the past) - and I am not sure why and asked her the same question and she just got tired of it, some of the potential clients questions and she wanted to be UTR (though she does post) . I think the mystic came for me because she had no reviews and knew she had been around for a while. Once I saw her - I have seen her several times since. BTW She is fantastic and I have such a great time with her- finding I have to book at least two hours!

In comparison (though a stretch) - My Brothers on 15th and Platte (next to REI) has no signage, no advertising, but yet draws a huge crowd by word of month. So it does work at times!

Good Question and have fun out there!

Good question!

On the other hand, there are (at least two) providers on the list who are excellent. YMMV rears its ugly head once again....

(Century & I probably hit the 'send' button simultaneously, but will leave this up.)

Another reason, which Century & Boardmember allude to, is that having reviews limits a YL's ability to provide YMMV services. G notes wonderful UTF, but K isn't quite as clean (or is a little more aggressive, or ... or she's still thinking about the argument she had with her GF earlier in the day or ...) so he doesn't get that service. Now K's pissed. If K never knew about G's session, her life would be simpler.

As several have said, there are as many reasons for DNR as there are YL.

Another reason, which Century & Boardmember allude to, is that having reviews limits a YL's ability to provide YMMV services. G notes wonderful UTF, but K isn't quite as clean (or is a little more aggressive, or ... or she's still thinking about the argument she had with her GF earlier in the day or ...) so he doesn't get that service. Now K's pissed. If K never knew about G's session, her life would be simpler.

As several have said, there are as many reasons for DNR as there are YL.

Quite true. And one additional common one I am told is to eliminate certain pieces of work threatening her with unfavorable reviews unless she does xyz or gives discount, etc. Not of course that any reviewer here or elsewhere would resort to such! :rolleyes:

And to the OP if there is someone on the DNR list that has been around for a while that interests you, you can always post a 411 as to whether she is legit and ask for pm's. But absolutely, there is more than one fine choice on said list.:)

Just curious why a provider would request this via TOB? I may be answering my own question here, but if you run a good operation, surely reviews, especially in this Internet day and age, would only increase business?

Any insight? Any ASP reading this that chooses no review status?

Think of it this way as it pertains to the business aspect, not all business is good business. It depends on who I want to attract. Been doing this for long enough to know that I have never needed reviews to do well.

I read enough on here and elsewhere about how the review system is flawed and can be manipulated and clearly want no part of it.

I come on the boards for entertainment, a good laugh and yes, the inevitable train wreck or two.

As review systems go, TOB does a reasonable job IMHO. For one thing there is no incentive to posting reviews other than peer pressure & pleasing our lady friends; membership & access to details being one such perk provided by other sites.

Moderation also seems to be clear cut & reasonable. Yes, some bad apples slip through, but not many.

Some providers do not want reviews due to the quality of service.

Providers have been known to change their name when banned for self reviews then ask for no reviews under their new name.

I have learned the hard way there is a reason a provider ask for no reviews. It is a bright red flag waving with the embossed letters STAY AWAY.

The conundrum many of us have faced was what to do with the information gained from an appointment with a provider on the Do Not Review List.

Some have a professional life outside of the hobby. Some use that excuse for hiding bad service.

I dont know if the board still has the same policy but it once was in order to be put on the do not review list, a provider could not be reviewed on any other site...Otherwise, their reviews would be posted on TOB also...They did this due to the fact some ladies decided to pull their reviews after receiving a couple less then stellar reviews here and wanted them taken down so they made that rule in order to keep things fair for everyone...

Then there are some who got busted doing self reviews...Big no no....So they are rightfully banded from having reviews here...There were some that are questionable but if they were in fact self reviews they were at least smart enough not to post from the same isp address so the lady logged in from...

Others simply wish to fly under the radar and avoid unwelcome attention, which is rarely a problem if you understand how to avoid it but of course it still can happen, so they choose to be out of the public eye completely...

The world is not a perfect place and ladies have good days and bad... Which means she should also have reviews that reflect that, as the reviews are also meant to provide the lady with an honest assessment of areas which she could improve on...Of course, that is provided she is interested in building a solid reputation and providing top quality service to the great guys here...

Quality and reputation mean nothing to some people as they just change their name in order to continue ripping guys off....But eventually they are again found out so it is short lived....

But of course I am merely repeating what is obvious....

I don't understand the fuss about DNR list There are many reasons why ladies do not want reviews it does mean they are not excellent providers.

It seems the the board policy is when a well known provider gets a less than stellar review they remove it from their reviews its called damage control. So the argument of poor service and the DNR list is a YMMV case. So if the mods are removing bad reviews the review system is bias. Which has always been the case.

My point is don't get stuck on the DNR list as being negative.

Lilithia

Exactly....Not all are done for poor reviews....Ladies can choose to be under the radar and that is not a bad thing....Nor did I mean to imply it was, so if it seems like I did, it was not intentional as I did try to say that before...

Also bad reviews were not removed unless all the reviews were removed, I was not saying that only bad reviews were removed and the others remained, just to clarify so there is no misunderstanding about that either....

Thanks and have a great day...

I don't understand the fuss about DNR list There are many reasons why ladies do not want reviews it does mean they are not excellent providers.

It seems the the board policy is when a well known provider gets a less than stellar review they remove it from their reviews its called damage control. So the argument of poor service and the DNR list is a YMMV case. So if the mods are removing bad reviews the review system is bias. Which has always been the case.

Lilithia

When have poor reviews been removed for a specific provider ?

Okay so it is clear....There were a couple of lady's who were unhappy about having less then stellar reviews and wanted them removed...They were given the option of having ALL their reviews removed here but it also meant they could not have future reviews posted elsewhere...Which a couple ladies opted to do....As one of them is not around anymore and the other is doing fine without them, so it doesnt really matter actually...

That was kind of the point I was trying to make....

Lilithia

This is incorrect.

I dont know if the board still has the same policy but it once was in order to be put on the do not review list, a provider could not be reviewed on any other site...Otherwise, their reviews would be posted on TOB also...They did this due to the fact some ladies decided to pull their reviews after receiving a couple less then stellar reviews here and wanted them taken down so they made that rule in order to keep things fair for everyone...

Then there are some who got busted doing self reviews...Big no no....So they are rightfully banded from having reviews here...There were some that are questionable but if they were in fact self reviews they were at least smart enough not to post from the same isp address so the lady logged in from...

Others simply wish to fly under the radar and avoid unwelcome attention, which is rarely a problem if you understand how to avoid it but of course it still can happen, so they choose to be out of the public eye completely...

The world is not a perfect place and ladies have good days and bad... Which means she should also have reviews that reflect that, as the reviews are also meant to provide the lady with an honest assessment of areas which she could improve on...Of course, that is provided she is interested in building a solid reputation and providing top quality service to the great guys here...

Quality and reputation mean nothing to some people as they just change their name in order to continue ripping guys off....But eventually they are again found out so it is short lived....

But of course I am merely repeating what is obvious....

This is correct.

No, its not incorrect but since your the mod I will let you tell.

Lilithia

That was my point as well it really does not matter. Reviews are subjective and bias. Period....

Lilithia

...Reviews are subjective and bias. Period....

Lilithia

Yes, reviews are the subjective opinion of the client writing the review. His impression of his experience in that particular session. The bias is related to how well the session met his tastes and desires.

You'd be surprised at how many younger, newer providers are absolutely against being reviewed, and seem to find the prospect unsettling. Frankly, many young women find themselves in the business because they are either lost, troubled, in a nightmare financially, or have relatively lofty financial goals which they can't attain any other way. For them it is a temporary activity, and the thought of having a written record of an intimate, illegal, and often embarrassing past is unpleasant to say the least.

I only give reviews to a "newby" if asked or given permission, that is if I happen to ask if they want one. Normally the topic doesn't come up.

Not necessarily an answer to your question but at least it's a different perspective.

Yet another reason to not want reviews is the "pleasant" experience of having one's performance evaluated for all & sundry to view. Even when that evaluation is favorable, and especially when not, it can be unsettling.

I may be answering my own question here, but if you run a good operation, surely reviews, especially in this Internet day and age, would only increase business?

I will not see anyone on the Do Not Review list, regardless of why they are there.

No legal business gets to contact Angie's List, or Yelp, and get their reviews taken down. The whole point of reviews is transparency, and the ability to use that information to choose a service provider.

I realize this business is different, due to legal, and societal, ramifications, so I understand wanting to hide what goes on. However, I don't like it. :(

Yeah I'm going to chime in on this one because I put a review up and the lady [snip] was able to go to the the moderator and complain that she doesn't have to take my review because it was bad . At first my review didn't show so I emailed the most moderner

Then my review was up and it was taken down because she's a special provider

So it doesn't matter if you put a review up because if they're a special provider there disputed and they take it down , I had to give information right could prove that my review was legitimate nonsense , just no boys if they don't like your review and they been around forever to take it down

Edited by Mace

Yeah I'm going to chime in on this one because I put a review up and the lady [snip] was able to go to the the moderator and complain that she doesn't have to take my review because it was bad . At first my review didn't show so I emailed the most moderner

So it doesn't matter if you put a review up because if they're a special provider there disputed and they take it down , I had to give information right could prove that my review was legitimate nonsense , just no boys if they don't like your review and they been around forever to take it down

I'm calling BS on this. First-time poster, incoherent writing, and an unintelligible post in general. Credibility: 0

The review passed preliminary qualifications.

The provider in-question requested a Review Dispute through the Board moderators and Admin.

You were asked to provide details to prove that an actual session took place.

You didn't/couldn't and were given 48 hrs to do so.

The review was suspended.

I will not see anyone on the Do Not Review list, regardless of why they are there.

Good advice.

I'm calling BS on this. First-time poster, incoherent writing, and an unintelligible post in general. Credibility: 0

The review passed preliminary qualifications.

The review was suspended.

Av8r, I was about to agree with you, but then I read Mace's reply. Review system abuse can be both for "good" (shills) or for "bad" (smears).

It sounds like Admin is protecting the integrity of the system