Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fancyfree80

Provider cancelled last minute

97 posts in this topic

Here's some possible scenarios for me canceling.....

Started girl stuff. What to do in this situation? I would think the guy would rather me cancel, and sometimes it's embarrassing talking to a guy/ possible stranger about it. I'm curious what you guys think about dealing with this situation. Would you want us to cancel and just be honest?

The place were working at feels shady or something feels off. The thing that keeps many of us safe and out of trouble is using our instincts and listening to our gut. Not worth the risk if there is suspicious activity happening.

Starting to feel sick.... the last thing I want to do when I feel yucky is swap germs, but I want you to think I am sexy, healthy, and hot. Not have you picturing me at home coughing all over everything and blowing my nose. I want to create the fantasy, I'm perfect, lol!

I don't know how any of the others girls work or operate but I highly doubt that canceling a lucrative meeting to run off to the mall or get your nails done is whats happening.

I guess it's hard to say, but there are always legitimate reasons to cancel on both ends. Just wanted to share a girls point of view. But then again there are a lot of flakes too.

You perfectly summed up the flaky behavior that many working girls exhibit. Thank you for that.

"Last minute cancellation" is the same as a no-show.

Your airline doesn't give a flying fuck that you cancelled your ticket at the "last minute". You still won't get a refund.

Started girl stuff. What to do in this situation? I would think the guy would rather me cancel, and sometimes it's embarrassing talking to a guy/ possible stranger about it. I'm curious what you guys think about dealing with this situation. Would you want us to cancel and just be honest?

How about being honest and NOT canceling?:cool:

Call the guy up and tell him. Offer to reschedule and a generous discount.

Or, go to Walmart, pick up some plastic sheets and get on with it. If he doesn't want to go the whole nine yards, offer to suck him off, or turn around and have him fuck your azz instead.

This ain't quantum physics.:cool:

A while back I pre-booked an appointment with a popular provider.

3 or 4 hours before the appointment I received a text asking if we were still on.

My response was "yes we are".

About 1 hour before I get another text asking again.

My response was the same.

Inside 30 minutes of the launch time, on my way over, I get a text canceling. She was sick but promised to make it up to me.

In one breath I call bullshit. I doubt she was sick.

In the other breath, I'm glad she cancelled if she wasn't going to be into it.

BTW - Her promise to make it up to me was broken. I have not heard from her since. Therefore, bullshit on the sick.

Definitely write a review... include all facts...i.e. when (1 hr before or few minutes before) and why ( the reason she gave) she cancelled.

She was sick but promised to make it up to me.

If I got a nickel each and every time someone promised "to make it up to me", I'd be banging Brazilian supermodels on Larry Ellison's yacht in the Caribean.:cool:

Big +1 there! I work for a living along with other life responsibilities...I make windows in my life for opportunities like this. A cancellation usually means I'm waiting until I can schedule another window.

I've found that there's not too many "rare occurances" in this...provider and john alike. You're either responsible and considerate...or you're a fake. If someone treats my time and money as trivial outside of the appointment time...I doubt I'm going to buy into any fantasy during the appointment.

I hate being regards as an idiot that will believe anything just because my cock is hard. I have enough blood in my body to control both organs:rolleyes:

It's not always that easy. Setting up that "backup" can often take an hour or more, time I don't usually don't have available. So the result is that I've just missed out on an opportunity to get my ashes hauled, something I've probably been looking forward to for days. It may be weeks before I get another chance. Sure, there are AMPs, but they're all on the other side of town. So what might be no-big-deal for you could be significant for others.

How about being honest and NOT canceling?

Sure, no problem. Come on over and I'll be happy to sit on your face and squish it with my juicy, bloody, menstrual cycle. Quit complaining and swallow that shit already. Atta boy...:cool:

If I got a nickel each and every time someone promised "to make it up to me", I'd be banging Brazilian supermodels on Larry Ellison's yacht in the Caribean.:cool:

Seriously? $1.25 would get you all that? :eek:

And you think that would be the first bloody pussy I've eaten???;)

Sure, no problem. Come on over and I'll be happy to sit on your face and squish it with my juicy, bloody, menstrual cycle. Quit complaining and swallow that shit already. Atta boy...:cool:

I have enough blood in my body to control both organs:rolleyes:

You do realize that makes you a freak of nature, 1 in a million?

I have been referred to as an anomoly....yes;)

You do realize that makes you a freak of nature, 1 in a million?

Here's some cheese to go with all the whine on this thread. :)

baileys_coffee_other.215110825_std.jpg

I'm surprised by the variety of opinions on here. Of course, my opinion is the right one.

Canceling and communicating is OK. Shit happens. Canceling with no communication is not OK.

I'm surprised by the variety of opinions on here. Of course, my opinion is the right one.

Canceling and communicating is OK. Shit happens. Canceling with no communication is not OK.

Fork's opinion is the right one.

Neither the client nor the ASP should be a NSNP about it.

Sorry, pfunk, but you know that there was "no appointment" because ...? It might not be NCNS because he got the email, but it's still a No Show.

If you want to see her again, see what explanation & re-scheduling options she offers you, review the rescheduled appointment, and mention that it was a reschedule.

If you don't care about ever seeing her again, write the review now. But be sure to include that she had the courtesy to email a cancellation, even if it was last minute.

I agree with all of Bit's thoughts, except, if a provider cancels at the exact time the appointment is to occur, and not before that time, it is a "no call no show" in my book.

If I called a provider at the exact minute I was supposed to be knocking on her door and said I was not going to show and she lost that time and money, how do you think she would feel?:cool:

Edited by Flanker
forgot rest of sentence

I agree with all of Bit's thoughts, except, if a provider cancels at the exact time the appointment is to occur, and not before that time, it is a "no call no show" in my book.

If I called a provider at the exact minute I was supposed to be knocking on her door and said I was not going to show and she lost that time and money, how do you think she would feel?:cool:

Precisely.

People seem to want to latch onto the technicality that she did email him, exonerating her from the NC part of NCNS. That's complete BS. If one has to split hairs to define her behavior, we should know damn good and well she was in the wrong.

The question here is the timestamp of her email. The closer to appointment time, the murkier the situation. That he didn't read the email until after the appointed time is partly on him, possibly their ISPs.

Precisely.

People seem to want to latch onto the technicality that she did email him, exonerating her from the NC part of NCNS. That's complete BS. If one has to split hairs to define her behavior, we should know damn good and well she was in the wrong.

Hardly a hair split because timing shows some indication of intent. And there are circumstances where she should not be "in the wrong". Stuff does happen which is beyond our control. But there may be unforeseen consequences when stuff happens, like the need to compensate others for the inconvenience our stuff causes them or reports of our inability to fulfill commitments.

The question here is the timestamp of her email. The closer to appointment time, the murkier the situation. That he didn't read the email until after the appointed time is partly on him, possibly their ISPs.

Hardly a hair split because timing shows some indication of intent. And there are circumstances where she should not be "in the wrong". Stuff does happen which is beyond our control. But there may be unforeseen consequences when stuff happens, like the need to compensate others for the inconvenience our stuff causes them or reports of our inability to fulfill commitments.

The OP said that she emailed him **AT** the appointed time. There's nothing murky about it. For all practical purposes, it is a NCNS and should be reviewed as such.

By your reasoning, he could have received the email 2 hours after the appt. time, and all she has to do is claim "the ISP must have been slow" and that lets her off the hook? I don't think so.

I had an appointment today- left work early and was all prepared. At the appointed time, I got a "very sorry" email. It's someone I've seen before, and it was great. Now, I'm left frustrated. :(

The OP said that she emailed him **AT** the appointed time. There's nothing murky about it. For all practical purposes, it is a NCNS and should be reviewed as such.

By your reasoning, he could have received the email 2 hours after the appt. time, and all she has to do is claim "the ISP must have been slow" and that lets her off the hook? I don't think so.

No, the OP stated when he RECEIVED the email, not when she TRANSMITTED it. We'd have to check the timestamps in the email headers (which neither you nor I have at this moment) to determine an accurate sequence of events. There are lots of reasons why he didn't get the email until the appointed time, including he didn't check his email until she wasn't there. (Again, we don't know.) Maybe she did send her cancellation message 2hrs prior to their appointment. But there are ways to verify when she actually sent the email. I have missed luncheon dates (non-hobby) because the voice mail with directions arrived 1hr late, hung up in the vapors of Verizon's network.

As for "off the hook"? Go back and re-read my previous responses. I have consistently said that even though shit happens, there are consequences.

Lol, the whiteknighting continues. This is hysterical.

No, the OP stated when he RECEIVED the email, not when she TRANSMITTED it. We'd have to check the timestamps in the email headers (which neither you nor I have at this moment) to determine an accurate sequence of events. There are lots of reasons why he didn't get the email until the appointed time, including he didn't check his email until she wasn't there. (Again, we don't know.) Maybe she did send her cancellation message 2hrs prior to their appointment. But there are ways to verify when she actually sent the email. I have missed luncheon dates (non-hobby) because the voice mail with directions arrived 1hr late, hung up in the vapors of Verizon's network.

As for "off the hook"? Go back and re-read my previous responses. I have consistently said that even though shit happens, there are consequences.

This is complete rubbish. I'm not obligated to check my email every five fucking minutes, to ensure I'm not missing some deadbeat's last minute cancellation.

You want to be sure a message gets through? Pick up the fucking phone and place a call.

You want to be sure a message gets through? Pick up the fucking phone and place a call.

I found it hysterical when my phone rings ...and the person on the other end screams at me that their cell phone won't let them text to my landline.

Gee...can't imagine why.

Ladies and Gents....get back to TALKING to each other with your voice and not your typing skills.

the fingers are much better off being used when you....are together

Thank you - I would say - put a fork in it! Right Fork! I cant believe this is still going on! It happens and as they say - that is life!

MOVE ON and HAVE FUN! Life is too short to be worrying about all this - that is for sure!

This is complete rubbish. I'm not obligated to check my email every five fucking minutes, to ensure I'm not missing some deadbeat's last minute cancellation.

That depends on how you book. I often times book strictly through email so she would not have my number and it would be my responsibility to check my email.

She had the decency to make contact to cancel so I don't think it should be reviewable. Crappy timing but all things considered it's really not a big deal. Life will go on and you still have your hands... hopefully.

Yes, there are consequence for us as well if we play these petty little games. Go ahead write the NCNS and next time she won't even have the decency to cancel and we'll be left sitting in the parking lot trying to make contact and getting more frustrated.

Go ahead write the NCNS and next time she won't even have the decency to cancel and we'll be left sitting in the parking lot trying to make contact and getting more frustrated.

I have to agree with this. If we want to be notified of a cancellation, then we shouldn't penalize said notification. :cool:

Precisely.

This^ dude is butthurt because he got "blacklisted", and now he's seeking vicarious vengeance.

A word re Blacklists:

I'm on one, its never stopped me from getting an appointment(a gal got her nose out of joint because of an email I sent).

He can write a no show review, but like the above mentioned blacklist, it will most likely amount to nothing. The no show review(like the blacklist) will be statistically relevant to a few, but in the end the reviews are being read by boners that have miraculously learned to operate a computer, and the blacklists are being read by women that need________(shoes, groceries, rent, jewelry etc).

*Yawn*

I had an appointment today- left work early and was all prepared. At the appointed time, I got a "very sorry" email. It's someone I've seen before, and it was great. Now, I'm left frustrated. :(

This is the original, first post

I get the impression that the people who vigorously defend this deadbeat have never been invited for a job interview, worked in a professional position, or taken a trip.

Seriously, in the real world nobody gives a shit why you didn't show up. You didn't show up. You're fucked. The job you were supposed to interview for - boom, gone. The plane has taken off without you.

Boohooh, your cat coughed up a furball, your grandma just passed. Your house burned down. Nobody cares. You didn't show up.

I get the impression that the people who vigorously defend this deadbeat have never been invited for a job interview, worked in a professional position, or taken a trip.

Seriously, in the real world nobody gives a shit why you didn't show up. You didn't show up. You're fucked. The job you were supposed to interview for - boom, gone. The plane has taken off without you.

Boohooh, your cat coughed up a furball, your grandma just passed. Your house burned down. Nobody cares. You didn't show up.

This is so true! Even if you call a few hours ahead to reschedule, odds are that somebody else is going to get that job. You might get some slack if you're standing in front of your burning house on the morning news when the HR director is getting his morning coffee. And at some airports you'd better arrive 2 hrs before scheduled departure, because at 1:50 they will be booking you standby for tomorrow's flight. (How to get an overnight in the Hong Kong airport?)

This is hitting the nail on the head with this tread.

I get stood up a lot and I know that it is a fact about being in this industry. I just make a personal note and move on.:cool: