Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Would You Like To Be Alerted?

Would you want to hear about a potential health issue from an ASP?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to hear about a potential health issue from an ASP?

• Yes, Please tell me.
    • No, I'd rather not worry about it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: This thread is not to be read as anything to do with STD's, STI's, or any other communicable diseases.

There have been a few instances during my time as an ASP in which I noticed that something was not quite right about a client's anatomy. I'm certainly no doctor, however if something is obviously awry and even an untrained eye or touch can detect it do you think it's our place to say something?

Examples in my case are recently during a massage I noticed a medium sized mole oh his back that had what looked to me as what I was taught in school were the beginning stages of "something serious". Again, I'm no physician, but in the real world if I saw that I would say "Hey, maybe you should get that checked out."

I was also fondling the underside of a friend when I felt something that was most likely not a third testicle, but was a definite lump.

I've been debating on whether or not to mention these things when I feel/see them, but I fear it will ruin the mood/it's not my place to say/perhaps they already know and doing so will only embarrass them.

But what if they don't know and I could have at the very least encouraged them to have it looked at.

So, my question is, would you want to know if an ASP noticed something potentially harmful on your body or would it make you uncomfortable to hear about it from them?

The only time that I am going to mention that something is awry is if it directly affects me and it can cause harm to me. If it is something like a mole on his back, I am not going to say anything because I think it will kill the mood. If it is some oozing pus from his penis or sores or something of that nature I am DEFINITELY going to bring it to his attention.

I would want to know. If it is something like the examples you mentioned absolutely, and there is no reason they might kill the mood.

I had ASP mention a lump on my abdomen once - I explained it was a scar and that was that. A mole that is suspect, I would want to know about it - and a lump in my junk - yeah, I want to go have it checked out by a MD as well so yes, let me know.

Now if you are going to mention that I need to spend some more time at the gym or get my hair cut differently - then no need to mention it.

I mentioned a mole to a YL that I had seen a dozen or more times. Suggested she have a friend take a photo of it with a ruler beside it so she could compare it in a couple of months.

So if you found something unusual while we are together, please mention it.

Damn...I wish I could find a provider that would measure my mole for me:o

I mentioned a mole to a YL that I had seen a dozen or more times. Suggested she have a friend take a photo of it with a ruler beside it so she could compare it in a couple of months.

So if you found something unusual while we are together, please mention it.

I don't know Mona... I didn't vote. I guess if it were something really alarming, I might mention it, if we had a good rapport going. Maybe I will wait and see how the poll turns out.

I did have a Dr. client look at a mole on my back, he said it was fine. I guess it really depends on the relationship???

If it is some oozing pus from his penis or sores or something of that nature I am DEFINITELY going to bring it to his attention.

No shit....:eek:

did not vote as I thought one more choice could have been added. I would like to be notified. if not something that would be of harm to you let me know after the session that way the mood would not be broken.

i'd be perfectly ok if you did. actually, i'd welcome it. i think it's totally fair to bring up your observation. your intentions are only for someone's wellbeing. granted timing is in order though. don't want to start off with a buzzkill fyi first thing.

i go to a few wellness centers. my accupuncturist happen to mention her concern with something she noticed. so glad she that she did. i would have been clueless if not.

mona your a class act. i'm sure you'd be sincere and genuine bringing up your concern. even though your not schooled as a m.d.

Yep I'd want to know. I really overdue for a good exam :)

I had seen this one guy one time and I noticed bumps on this dick, and I had to tell him that our session is over. I explained to him that he may have the herpes and he got upset but I took health in college and told him nicely sorry but Im not putting my body at risk. Im surprised he didnt try and get back at me posting a thread about how mean I was, but seriously how can he expect me to get excited and turned on by seeing that shit... serious mood kill...

Your opinion is valid, because you see a lot of bodies. You know what is average and what is out of place. Your concern shows a level of caring that I suspect would be appreciated.

Yes, I would also appreciate a heads up at the conclusion of the session. It shows you care.