Savoir Faire

Have you ever dated?

24 posts in this topic

This question is for males or females. Have you ever dated a girl with a guy's name or dated a guy with a girl's name? I will go first because I dated a girl who's real name was Keith. She was a very pretty girl but for the life of me, I could not figure out WHY WAS HER NAME KEITH? I thought she was playing a trick on me. So I asked her and she looked me in the eye and said that her Father was so sure she was going to be a boy that he wasn't going to change it. I met her Dad when I was like 19 years old and he said to me, I am going to tell you this once and don't ask me again. I named her Keith because I wanted a boy and was sure we were going to have a boy. I said okay, thanks for answering my question. I never asked either of them again. TRUE STORY...............

I had a girlfriend named Dawn, her dad's name is Don.  He told me he wanted a boy so he could name him Don jr, but when he had a girl he still named her after himself but used the girl spelling.  Then he had another daughter and no son.  (I can't remember what Dawn's sisters name was)

I didn't date but I had a huge crush on a girl named Andy. (With a y not an I)

I also got beat up once by a boy named Sue.  He really had anger issues.

I had a friend named Leslie who date a girl name Leslie…

I love that when it happens! 😊

I know a male acquaintance by the name of Jordan married to a lovely lady named Jordan. He goes by Jordy and she like to called J

On 5/1/2024 at 10:21 AM, TML93 said:

I had a girlfriend named Dawn, her dad's name is Don.  He told me he wanted a boy so he could name him Don jr, but when he had a girl he still named her after himself but used the girl spelling.  Then he had another daughter and no son.  (I can't remember what Dawn's sisters name was)

I didn't date but I had a huge crush on a girl named Andy. (With a y not an I)

I also got beat up once by a boy named Sue.  He really had anger issues.

Exactly what I would have thought my girl's Dad would have did LOL. I was 19 at the time, common sense told me to leave this one alone and he and I never had any problems after that. That Sue reminds me of her Dad LOL.................

On 5/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, Kaduk said:

I had a friend named Leslie who date a girl name Leslie…

Awww thats a cute one. I knew a guy that owned a candy store in my neighborhood who's name was Leslie also. Damn he had the best candy ever in his store. 

On 5/1/2024 at 7:05 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

I know a male acquaintance by the name of Jordan married to a lovely lady named Jordan. He goes by Jordy and she like to called J

Classic Jordan and Jordan story right there. I wonder what their kids names are? 

You know how married women hyphenate their maiden name with their husband's surname so as to maintain their identity (they do have a point) ... well, I knew an insufferable feminist whose name was Deborah Smith.

She married a guy named Christopher Smith!

Guess what her new, official, hyphenated name was on her drivers license and passport?

(Deborah Smith-Smith!)

How about that one!

13 hours ago, TheRightStuff said:

You know how married women hyphenate their maiden name with their husband's surname so as to maintain their identity (they do have a point) ... well, I knew an insufferable feminist whose name was Deborah Smith.

She married a guy named Christopher Smith!

Guess what her new, official, hyphenated name was on her drivers license and passport?

(Deborah Smith-Smith!)

How about that one!

That was funny...................

9 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

That was funny...................

You can't believe the levels of absurdity these insufferable feminists will resort to ... to make a point.

On 5/1/2024 at 4:41 AM, Savoir Faire said:

This question is for males or females. Have you ever dated a girl with a guy's name or dated a guy with a girl's name? I will go first because I dated a girl who's real name was Keith. She was a very pretty girl but for the life of me, I could not figure out WHY WAS HER NAME KEITH? I thought she was playing a trick on me. So I asked her and she looked me in the eye and said that her Father was so sure she was going to be a boy that he wasn't going to change it. I met her Dad when I was like 19 years old and he said to me, I am going to tell you this once and don't ask me again. I named her Keith because I wanted a boy and was sure we were going to have a boy. I said okay, thanks for answering my question. I never asked either of them again. TRUE STORY...............

Yes.  My husband‘s name was Kelly. Maybe she’s a Rolling Stones fan who knows

My besties hubby was Kim. We don’t hear that name too often for men. Then I had a guy Kim book a meeting😳 It wasn’t him, so there are at least two Kim’s running around. 

...had a SD named Brenda :)

On the Star Trek “Discovery,” the leading female character, Spock’s half-sister, is named Michael. In very subtle ways, we are all a bit nerdy deep down. You must admit! 👽🛸

On 5/7/2024 at 11:18 PM, Elle Blake said:

Yes.  My husband‘s name was Kelly. Maybe she’s a Rolling Stones fan who knows

Awesome Ms Blake I have a few male friends that are named Kelly. This girl named Keith definitely wasn't a Rolling Stones fan. LOL, I am a fan but she was a DIE HARD Prince fan....................

17 hours ago, Western ~P said:

...had a SD named Brenda :)

Brenda??????? LOL really?????

19 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

My besties hubby was Kim. We don’t hear that name too often for men. Then I had a guy Kim book a meeting😳 It wasn’t him, so there are at least two Kim’s running around. 

He wasn't Asian was he LOL? I have a lot of Asian male friends named Kim and they love blondes........................

On 5/4/2024 at 10:13 AM, TheRightStuff said:

You can't believe the levels of absurdity these insufferable feminists will resort to ... to make a point.

As long as she is CUMS afterwards, I'm good with whatever point she wants to make LOL. I am pretty easy to get along with...............

10 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

I'm Phil and dated a Philippina.....  ;)

LOL that was funny. Missing on my Filipino Asians.............................

On 5/9/2024 at 6:23 AM, Savoir Faire said:

Brenda??????? LOL really?????

yes really! lol. and although he was the coolest and nicest person, during our bcd activities i never could bring myself to call out his name in the heat of passion.

Worked once with a guy named Beverly. He said it was an old traditional family name. 

12 hours ago, Western ~P said:

yes really! lol. and although he was the coolest and nicest person, during our bcd activities i never could bring myself to call out his name in the heat of passion.

I can so agree with you on this because the girl I was dating was named Keith. I am not going to lie, no matter how fine she looked, how good she felt, I seriously had PTSD thoughts of could she actually be a guy LOL? I would find myself looking at her hands, wrist and throat but again, I was pretty young back then so I wasn't mentally strong if you know what I mean...............