ilovewomen

Air Fryer Recommendations

16 posts in this topic

So I’m thinking about getting an air fryer for the house. There are 4 of us in the household.

In looking online, I see smaller basket types and oven types.

Anybody have one or use one?

Which type do you have?

If you have both, which would you recommend and why?

If you only have a basket type, what size would you recommend?

Pros and cons?

Thoughts and recommendations please.

Thanks to everyone who replies.

I have this air fryer and really like it. We cook rotisserie Cornish hens in it and many other foods. You can go online and get yummy recipes for the Cornish hens. I recommend this air fryer because it has many different ways you can use it. They do sell it on Amazon.

Power AirFryer XL, 5.68L, 6 QT Red, Electric Stovetop Compatible, Air Fryer with Rotisserie and Dehydration Features, Bonus 3 Recipe Books

Edited by Nicholeofdenver

since it's 4 of you i'd recommend the 8quart. i have the PowerXL 8-Quart Air Fryer and i cannot live w/out it.
whatever size you decide to get, i like to always use parchment paper liners. makes for easy clean up.
i always use the light or the mild olive oil to base whatever food it is im gonna cook up.
links to my AF and the size of parchment paper liners that fits my size AF.

AF: https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerXL-8-Quart-Air-Fryer/989684705?from=/search

i have the 9" square liners
liners: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4F3LL34/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I love my air fryer! @Nicholeofdenver my air fryer is what I baked the apple tarts in.  @ilovewomen I got mine at Coastco. “Sur La Table” smaller Modle 7 quart. It is great for small cooking jobs. @Western ~P I am getting those paper-liners!  

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

I just got one!  I chose the "oven" type since it seems more versatile, especially for reheating things of various sizes (think large pizza slices).  I got a Cuisinart TOA-65 and it works great!

I have the 14 in 1 ninja foodi. I have the 6.5qt but they make an 8qt. Best investment for a kitchen. From air frying to slow cooking. Making breads. And pressure cooking all in one appliance. It can replace your stove and oven any day of the week!

Thank you everyone who has replied.

I was leaning towards an air fryer oven with double doors.

The decision on what to get was taken out of my hands yesterday by my wife ordering an 8qt double basket air fryer from WalMart at what I consider an inflated price. I had seen models in Amazon and Kohl’s websites with lower pricing than what she paid.

We’ll see how it goes.

Again, thanks everyone for your input.

I've got the Ninja Foodi that Megan mentioned and love it.  I also have the Ninja Foodi oven that does air frying and a bunch of other stuff.  I use my original Foodi mainly for pressure cooking and the Foodi oven for roasting, baking, air frying and dehydrating.  The oven has a larger area for air frying than the multi-function Foodi Pressure Cooker.  Both are great, and I couldn't live without either of them.

Edited by average1
Correction

Off topic I know, this week I have really been  using my Instapot!  Made a great pasta dinner last week. Now I am planning on making a beef soup tomorrow. Going to bake cornbread in my air fryer too.  

A little late to the game, but here is the one I'm currently using.

NUWAVE - Brio 7-in-1 Air Fryer Oven, 7.25-Quart with One-Touch Digital Controls, Non-Stick Air Circulation Riser & Reversible Rack Included

$84.00

Amazon.com

Free shipping

Store rating 4.6/5

Mine is an older model, but it does have a dividing rack. Great for French fries, bacon, pretty much any frozen appetizer you want to heat and crisp up. 

All air fryers really are; are convection ovens on a small scale. They circulate the heated air so it cooks the food faster and gives it that crisp/crunch. 

I personally love mine; yes..... it is one more appliance for the kitchen..... but it truly does cut the cook time from a conventional oven and makes the food crisper :)

I'm looking for one that's not made with forever chemicals.

Does forever chemicals cause cancer and how do you know if you’re air fryer has “forever chemicals”in it? 

Ninja Foodi 15 in 1

Case closed.