Savoir Faire

The Old Man

25 posts in this topic

What do you take away from the following STORY below:

There was this Old Man that use to walk this nature trail in his neighborhood. He walked the trail 3 times a week and he would always encounter a group of younger individuals who gathered to chit chat, talk shit and make fun of whatever subject they came across for the day. The Old Man would always where these older jogging pants that needed repairs to the pockets that had holes in them. The Old Man was very INTELLIGENT and rich with COMMON SENSE but he didn't believe in wearing his newer clothes for working out. The younger individuals assumed he was poor/dumb and would laugh at the Old Man every single day. Most of the time the Old Man would drop money and appear to not notice because he would speak and continue to exercise. This happens every single time the Old Man walks past the younger individuals and they never try to return the money back to the Old Man, they just take/take/take...........................................

It’s a waste of time, to give a fuck, what people think, say, or how they disrespect you!  It is out of your control.  When you try to “change” ( no pun intended) people.  You forget who you really are!

Well that’s my 2 cents.  Due to my 6 sense. 😉❤️

7 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

It’s a waste of time, to give a fuck, what people think, say, or how they disrespect you!  It is out of your control.  When you try to “change” ( no pun intended) people.  You forget who you really are!

I have always thought that it was none of my business what other people think of me.

45 minutes ago, mustang said:

I have always thought that it was none of my business what other people think of me.

Or not let it upset or stress you out.  As I don’t dare to walk in somebody else’s shoes unless they’ve walked a foot in mine. No pun intended there either.

Stay on the nature trail. Look the other way as the troll passes by! Also never serve those that bite more than once! 

I don't get what this story is about unless the OP is just trying to complain.

If the old man is intentionally dropping the money, than how can someone take it. Like they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted" 

On 4/10/2023 at 7:12 AM, Elle Blake said:

Is this what you got from my story LOL? 

3 hours ago, tide32 said:

If the old man is intentionally dropping the money, than how can someone take it. Like they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted" 

Tide is this all you got from the story LOL? 

12 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I don't get what this story is about unless the OP is just trying to complain.

ILW what in this story makes you think someone/OP is COMPLAINING? 

5 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

ILW what in this story makes you think someone/OP is COMPLAINING? 

Because it sounds like you are complaining.  Maybe I shouldn't use the term complaining.  Maybe I should say whining.

This story makes no sense.

Edited by ilovewomen

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Because it sounds like you are complaining.  Maybe I shouldn't use the term complaining.  Maybe I should say whining.

This story makes no sense.

It sounds like I am whining huh LOL? Well I am going to ask you a second time, what in my story makes you think someone/OP is whining? 

16 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

It sounds like I am whining huh LOL? Well I am going to ask you a second time, what in my story makes you think someone/OP is whining? 

You are either whining or blowing your own horn always. Your incessant Q&A posts are growing weary, and it is not a fun game to play with you at all. If you do not like the first answer,  don't ask the question again.  Mr. Sad F***K instead of clogging up the forum, with fake stories and again posts blowing your own horn. I have an idea:D Why don't you spare us all of your constant questioning, and take it to PMs. Your posts are never about anyone, but YOU!

On 4/12/2023 at 1:34 PM, Caressa Duval said:

You are either whining or blowing your own horn always. Your incessant Q&A posts are growing weary, and it is not a fun game to play with you at all. If you do not like the first answer,  don't ask the question again.  Mr. Sad F***K instead of clogging up the forum, with fake stories and again posts blowing your own horn. I have an idea:D Why don't you spare us all of your constant questioning, and take it to PMs. Your posts are never about anyone, but YOU!

jeez!  CHILL!

dude was just asking a question - don't take the bait if you don't like the taste

On 4/12/2023 at 1:08 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Your story is about an old man who goes for  walks, passes younger people who laugh at him because he is not wearing nice clothing, he drops money.  They apparently pick up the money and don’t give it back to him. He thinks all they do is take and take.

There is no conclusion to this story. It is left hanging.

Or maybe the conclusion is that the old man thinks the younger people do nothing but take and take….which in that case it is complaining/whining about the younger people.

This story as written makes absolutely no sense.

9 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Your story is about an old man who goes for  walks, passes younger people who laugh at him because he is not wearing nice clothing, he drops money.  They apparently pick up the money and don’t give it back to him. He thinks all they do is take and take.

There is no conclusion to this story. It is left hanging.

Or maybe the conclusion is that the old man thinks the younger people do nothing but take and take….which in that case it is complaining/whining about the younger people.

This story as written makes absolutely no sense.

LOL, why didn't you just POST what I POSTED, why POST your version? The story makes a lot of sense, not all are able to see THE GOOD in what others do, therefore they laugh and talk shit like the youngsters. The OLD MAN is not complaining/whining about the younger people taking his money, he is actually SADDENED because of the NEGATIVITY in their HEARTS. The OLD MAN wants to share LIFE with the youngsters by seeing which one of them has the ability to not FOLLOW each other with the MONKEY SEE/MONKEY DO attitude. The story does not have a conclusion because it hasn't ended yet. I can go on and on about what some could get out of this story but I will leave it at that............. THE OLD MAN is me.................................True Story......................

This old man he played one.

He played knick knack with his thumb. …

On 4/13/2023 at 8:12 PM, lintlizard said:

jeez!  CHILL!

dude was just asking a question - don't take the bait if you don't like the taste

Self absorbed is more like it. Not too original either. 

14 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

LOL, why didn't you just POST what I POSTED, why POST your version? The story makes a lot of sense, not all are able to see THE GOOD in what others do, therefore they laugh and talk shit like the youngsters. The OLD MAN is not complaining/whining about the younger people taking his money, he is actually SADDENED because of the NEGATIVITY in their HEARTS. The OLD MAN wants to share LIFE with the youngsters by seeing which one of them has the ability to not FOLLOW each other with the MONKEY SEE/MONKEY DO attitude. The story does not have a conclusion because it hasn't ended yet. I can go on and on about what some could get out of this story but I will leave it at that............. THE OLD MAN is me.................................True Story......................

So what do you want us to say?  They should not judge you by your ratty clothes, they should return your money.  You are right, they are wrong.  You are great, they are terrible.  You rule they drool.  Is this what you are looking for?  Maybe you can find a different way to "share life" (Not exactly sure what that means) with the youngsters that does not involve money?

16 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

So you were complaining about younger people.

8 hours ago, TML93 said:

So what do you want us to say?  They should not judge you by your ratty clothes, they should return your money.  You are right, they are wrong.  You are great, they are terrible.  You rule they drool.  Is this what you are looking for?  Maybe you can find a different way to "share life" (Not exactly sure what that means) with the youngsters that does not involve money?

Too Many Loads, its a reason I call you that LOL.  They can judge all they want, INCLUDING YOU lol, I the OLD MAN is only interested in sharing knowledge/life's lessons. Anyone with a heart and not a MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO FOLLOWER would return the money that you know the OLD MAN is dropping on PURPOSE and thats the YOUNGSTER I am interested in making the STAR of my STORY. Its my STORY, I am the AUTHOR and believe me, I FUCKING GOT THIS...................

7 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

So you were complaining about younger people.

ILW thanks for your input.  

I didn't know what to take away from the original post. (As asked)  I did not understand the story.  It seemed the way the story was written that you wanted us to have sympathy for the old man.  But then when you did not receive that you revealed that you are the old man and now we should take away that you should turn the other cheek and reach out and help people even if they judge you incorrectly?  I think what you are doing is admirable but what I take away is that you want us to know what you are doing to receive affirmation.  If it was truly a selfless act you would not annouce it on a public fourm. (You asked what we took away from the story)  I'm sure the troubled youth will enjoy receiving your unsolicited wisdom and life advice.  They will be thrilled to have the G.O.A.T of Playa Ville as their mentor.

Also I think they did not return your money not becuase of peer pressure but because it's tax free money.  I don't know anything about the youngsters in the story, but usually younger people do not have as much money.  That's why I suggested not using money as a test next time.  But you got this.

1 hour ago, TML93 said:

I didn't know what to take away from the original post. (As asked)  I did not understand the story.  It seemed the way the story was written that you wanted us to have sympathy for the old man.  But then when you did not receive that you revealed that you are the old man and now we should take away that you should turn the other cheek and reach out and help people even if they judge you incorrectly?  I think what you are doing is admirable but what I take away is that you want us to know what you are doing to receive affirmation.  If it was truly a selfless act you would not annouce it on a public fourm. (You asked what we took away from the story)  I'm sure the troubled youth will enjoy receiving your unsolicited wisdom and life advice.  They will be thrilled to have the G.O.A.T of Playa Ville as their mentor.

Also I think they did not return your money not becuase of peer pressure but because it's tax free money.  I don't know anything about the youngsters in the story, but usually younger people do not have as much money.  That's why I suggested not using money as a test next time.  But you got this.

Yes I also believe you are the old man too! Happy to know I am not the only one who believes you are the “Old Man”

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtDrFdomN4 love this song hate to post it here but I was think

Come on old buzzard ! Learn from your story  about yourself. “ pearls before swine” It , never works! I am sure the kids in the neighborhood are still laughing and will ask for more money from you tomorrow!