Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Savoir Faire

The One That Got Away

24 posts in this topic

Have you ever dated or had a girlfriend that for some reason you guys decided to call it quits. Now years later she has BLOWN up/looks absolutely adorable and you want to shoot yourself in the foot for letting her get away? 

I like to imagine that everyone who’s ever loved me feels or will eventually feel this way. 😅 

sometimes delusions are fun, amirite 😅

And no, can’t relate 🤣🚮

16 hours ago, Just Jos said:

I like to imagine that everyone who’s ever loved me feels or will eventually feel this way. 😅 

sometimes delusions are fun, amirite 😅

And no, can’t relate 🤣🚮

I am so sorry that you can't relate, hopefully you get your wish in the near future. Thanks for your input......................

On 2/2/2023 at 10:40 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Have you ever dated or had a girlfriend that for some reason you guys decided to call it quits. Now years later she has BLOWN up/looks absolutely adorable and you want to shoot yourself in the foot for letting her get away? 

What you have to ask yourself, is, would this have changed anything". We all fallow our own path and sometimes it doesn't alway take us where we want to go, but, probably where we deserve to be. It's like the dog that wants another dogs bone, and, once he get it, now he wants that bone too.. Does that make any sense at all? Probably not.  But that's all I got. Sorry if that's not the response you were looking for. 

1 hour ago, tide32 said:

What you have to ask yourself, is, would this have changed anything". We all fallow our own path and sometimes it doesn't alway take us where we want to go, but, probably where we deserve to be. It's like the dog that wants another dogs bone, and, once he get it, now he wants that bone too.. Does that make any sense at all? Probably not.  But that's all I got. Sorry if that's not the response you were looking for. 

I applaud you for posting all you have LOL. Thanks for your input.............................

There is one that is the "one that got away".  Didn't realize what I had lost until 25 years later and she found me on Facebook.   We had both moved on and ultimately ended up living only a few miles apart, but hundreds from where we met.  

18 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

There is one that is the "one that got away".  Didn't realize what I had lost until 25 years later and she found me on Facebook.   We had both moved on and ultimately ended up living only a few miles apart, but hundreds from where we met.  

Country Gent are you able to describe that moment when she found you on FB? If you had a chance to do it all over again, what would you had done? 

No, I don't think there are any that I wish I'd stayed with. And I'm even more certain that the feeling is mutual. :D:D:D

6 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

No, I don't think there are any that I wish I'd stayed with. And I'm even more certain that the feeling is mutual. :D:D:D

M87 LOL, uh oh...................................Well in my case, I wished I had stayed with the one that got away. When I was with her, she was 18, pretty and an up and coming young woman. 25 years later, she is a gorgeous woman who turned into a powerful CEO.......................And simply PUT, I dumped her because of a simple mistake she made..............................

On 2/3/2023 at 0:40 AM, Savoir Faire said:

First, I didn't date anyone that I didn't find "absolutely adorable" at the time. I have a couple that I wish I had "do-overs" on, but by the time we parted, one or both of us were done. Thomas Wolfe was absolutely correct in my experience. 

8 hours ago, Happymon said:

First, I didn't date anyone that I didn't find "absolutely adorable" at the time. I have a couple that I wish I had "do-overs" on, but by the time we parted, one or both of us were done. Thomas Wolfe was absolutely correct in my experience. 

Happy that Thomas Wolfe has some good stuff...........................Which quote was he correct in your experience? 

12 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

Happy that Thomas Wolfe has some good stuff...........................Which quote was he correct in your experience? 

"You can't go home."

23 hours ago, Happymon said:

"You can't go home."

I actually use a few of his quotes. He has one that goes "I have to see a thing a thousand times before I see it once". 

On 2/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Country Gent are you able to describe that moment when she found you on FB? If you had a chance to do it all over again, what would you had done? 

In general I don't wish I would have done things differently in my life, but she is one exception.  I would have treated her like the lady she already was at the young age of 17.  At the time, I was away at college, she was finishing HS, we were writing letters, or rather she was writing the letters and I was responding occasionally, but not nearly as much as I should have.  I thought about her often and when I went home, I wanted to see her and spend time with her, but didn't engage in relationship building.  It's not like I was abusive or anything, just not maturely pursuing the right type of relationship.

When she reached out on FB, I realized again how she had grown into the type of woman that I believe is exactly what matches.  That realization let me to understand how I hadn't been mature enough to realize that I had to do the harder things to treat her the way she deserved.   I think I have grown from there and have learned the hard lessons, but I often wish I hadn't taken so long.

Country Gent my situation is very similar to yours. Of course you have grown, WE have grown.......................thats the very reason we know in OUR HEARTS that she is the one that got away. To notice/realize/admit it was OUR lack of maturity in the relationship speaks volumes. Don't beat yourself up because it took so long, you wasn't ready back then and now you are. I get GIDDY talking about this because seeing this woman all over again gave me a feeling I haven't had in YEARS. Now you have me wondering what your next move is LOL, are you going after her or are you going to let things stay the way they are? I decided to leave it alone and accept that she is the one that got away.................................even though I am ready to risk it all for her......................

On 2/2/2023 at 11:40 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Everything in life is a learning experience, bad or good.  It is unfortunate, when these situations happen.  I always try to stay as positive as possible about everything in life.  I also, have NO regrets!  Everything about my journey has made me the person I am, and I would NEVER change that.  So, with that said.  Just remember the good experiences and exciting times when they were in your life! XOXO

9 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Everything in life is a learning experience, bad or good.  It is unfortunate, when these situations happen.  I always try to stay as positive as possible about everything in life.  I also, have NO regrets!  Everything about my journey has made me the person I am, and I would NEVER change that.  So, with that said.  Just remember the good experiences and exciting times when they were in your life! XOXO

Ms Blake, I must agree with you when you say life is a learning experience whether its good or bad. Being positive in my opinion will always get the WIN. And yes I always think about the exciting times we had but in all honesty, she and I were young and I want experiences of her as a grown woman LOL.................. Thanks for your input, 

I got myself involved in a really complicated (pregnancy, her being married (( it’s a very long story))  relationship with a woman many years ago that didn’t end well. A lot of it was my fault probably with commitment but she burned me pretty bad as well during the end days. I always wonder what would have happened if we went down the road a little more in synch but then again in retrospect she lied to me quite a bit. But god damn what a hook she put in me which I’ll probably carry to my end days. Anyway fast forward to recent times I heard she had cancer which absolutely crushed me even though we haven’t spoken since the break up. Definitely one that got away. I always found it hard to believe when the truth came out the husband stayed with her and I’m not even sure  if it’s his kid which is a hard one to grasp as well. The song “Go your own way” by Fleetwood Mac will always remind me of her and I.

Edited by contrails

There was a girl I dated 20 years ago or so, who gave me the best head I've ever had in my life.  We were a GREAT fit.  The issue:  she was seeing me and her ex (without me knowing) at the same time, and I walked because of it.  I wonder if I should have gotten back in touch with her later.  Probably not what was good for me self-esteem, but I do wonder if it was a mistake to walk away......

On 2/20/2023 at 1:24 PM, contrails said:

I got myself involved in a really complicated (pregnancy, her being married (( it’s a very long story))  relationship with a woman many years ago that didn’t end well. A lot of it was my fault probably with commitment but she burned me pretty bad as well during the end days. I always wonder what would have happened if we went down the road a little more in synch but then again in retrospect she lied to me quite a bit. But god damn what a hook she put in me which I’ll probably carry to my end days. Anyway fast forward to recent times I heard she had cancer which absolutely crushed me even though we haven’t spoken since the break up. Definitely one that got away. I always found it hard to believe when the truth came out the husband stayed with her and I’m not even sure  if it’s his kid which is a hard one to grasp as well. The song “Go your own way” by Fleetwood Mac will always remind me of her and I.

Chemtrails anytime the relationship doesn't end well is a bummer but in your case, it appears to be deeply embedded within......................I was just jamming to some Fleetwood Mac the other day. Those memories of such a sweet time is all we have left, I know the feeling. Okay, this is way off subject but shit I am going to share it LOL anyways.................. I will be as short as possible LOL, some of my haters don't like when I share stories but I bet they probably getting off on em LMAO. Okay, I was involved in a gangbang and the woman was married. I didn't know she was married. I get a call from the husband the next day, why he picked me LOL I have no idea, it was five other guys there too. He calls and I answer my phone. The husband ask if this is Savior, now I could tell it wasn't really someone I wanted to talk too but I replied by you are calling me, so get it off your chest QUICKLY or I am hanging up. He says okay, you fucked my wife yesterday and I am not happy about it. I paused because I didn't recall fucking any wives that day so I denied it. He described me, told me his wife's name and sent some photos. I was like oh LOL, I replied I apologize but she didn't mention anything about a husband. Then he says look man, I am not mad at you, I am mad at the BITCH because she didn't invite me. He says while I was at work, she was fucking you LOL. I fell to the floor, here it is I am preparing to have to deal with some pissed off husband, yet he was totally fine with it, he just wanted to be there......................Okay, sorry the reason I am bringing this story up is because his wife got pregnant and he stayed with her...................................and the kid definitely isn't his. True story.............

On 2/20/2023 at 2:11 PM, Phil-anderer said:

There was a girl I dated 20 years ago or so, who gave me the best head I've ever had in my life.  We were a GREAT fit.  The issue:  she was seeing me and her ex (without me knowing) at the same time, and I walked because of it.  I wonder if I should have gotten back in touch with her later.  Probably not what was good for me self-esteem, but I do wonder if it was a mistake to walk away......

Dr Phil first off I want to pat you on the back, fist pump you and say you are alright with me.........................It is rare and I am going to say it again, it is damn rare that men walk away from women.............................Now just hear me out because I want to make it clear what I mean by men walking away. Men usually come back and give in but it is rare that a man will just drop a woman/cease communication/no contact never to return....................You state that you wonder if you should have gotten back in touch with her and thats where I am at this very moment. I am wondering if I should contact this CEO or just continue my TOB adventures............ I am leaning towards letting it go........................and not saying a word...........................

On 2/4/2023 at 9:02 PM, CountryGentleman said:

10 hours ago, tide32 said:

Love Harry Chapin.  He put on one of the best concerts I've attended.  He was able to draw the audience in, talked about how he came up with the songs.  No big special effects, just great music in concert that felt like it was in a way smaller venue.  He was also very service oriented.  One of the streaming services has a biography on him that is interesting to watch.

16 minutes ago, average1 said:

Love Harry Chapin.  He put on one of the best concerts I've attended.  He was able to draw the audience in, talked about how he came up with the songs.  No big special effects, just great music in concert that felt like it was in a way smaller venue.  He was also very service oriented.  One of the streaming services has a biography on him that is interesting to watch.