Savoir Faire

Crock Pot

83 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2022 at 8:12 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Pulled pork. Chicken and rice. Beef stew. 

If you hate cleaning it or if cooking something sticky I definitely also suggest the crock pot liners by Reynolds wrap!

I live for the Mccormick crock pot seasoning mixes! 

I bought a ninja foodi that does everything and if it's in your budget it could definitely replace all your cooking appliances! 

Excuse me….running over to @MeganMarie4u!

I love to make Swiss Steak in the crock pot.

On 11/10/2022 at 0:36 PM, tide32 said:

Beef roast.  3-5lb roast, small potatoes, baby carrots, cut up onions, beef broth and cut up celery..cook for about six hours on low. I use the small potatoes because ya don't have to peel them and they don't turn to mush either. Beef broth works better than stock because it won't jell up when it cools down. 

Try some cabbage in there- to die for!

7 hours ago, mustang said:

When you use a crock pot, do yourself a favor and get some liners.  Saves a lot of time and effort when you have to clean up.

I found this out, on the new one I got. The old one had latches on the ends, that helped seal it. Had a vent hole on top. The new one, just sits on top  and I have to put paper towels at both end to catch the spill out. Kinda sucks. 

On 11/10/2022 at 8:49 PM, tide32 said:

I found a lot of information on YouTube for the Ninja and Crock pots. There are reviews on both and they give ya a heads up on some mistakes to avoid. 

Yep, there are tons of videos on youtube for recipes for the Foodi.  There have been evenings when I've spent a couple of hours going from one recipe video to the next.   Some recipes are spot on and others are fun to modify.

11 hours ago, tide32 said:

I found this out, on the new one I got. The old one had latches on the ends, that helped seal it. Had a vent hole on top. The new one, just sits on top  and I have to put paper towels at both end to catch the spill out. Kinda sucks. 

Sounds like you're over filling it if it's boiling over! Try reducing liquid by like a cup. 

11 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Sounds like you're over filling it if it's boiling over! Try reducing liquid by like a cup. 

I some time get carried away with the potatoes. LOL

All you people got me SO hungry now! I have been fasting for the past couple of days

. I have an instapot. The last thing I made in it was potato soup. Fried bacon drained on a paper towel, herbs I grew from the summer, green onions, a variety of diced potatoes, heavy cream, garlic, green chilli, table Spoon of butter, black pepper, rue made of Wondra flour and chicken broth, and water. Cook on low crockpot setting. Take about an hour to simmer. 

I today decided to order a seal machine off of Amazon for my left over’s. Because it is next to impossible for me to cook for 1 and I hate waisting food. . 

On 11/11/2022 at 7:53 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

😂😂😂 you know how to get a free meal 🤭😉😝

pressure cook.... add sauce. Air fry till sauce is sticky!  The sauce really makes bbq what it is. Texas/kc style. Rubbed or sweet and smoky! 🔥🔥🔥

Today I'm doing a basic beef vegetable soup. 

2lbs ground beef

Frozen or canned carrots peas corn potatoes

1 package Mccormick beef stew mix

1 large can of tomato sauce

32oz beef broth low sodium

1 packet lipton onion soup mix. (If you've never used it.... you're missing out)

M&M I just may have to take you up on a few meals (I'm greedy) seriously. I have always had women that have cooked for me, so I only paid attention to slapping/smacking them on the ass and letting them do their thing. Yeah I know, too much info LOL but I miss those days. I am going to try this recipe next week, I have to go grocery shopping. Thank you so much.........

4 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

M&M I just may have to take you up on a few meals (I'm greedy) seriously. I have always had women that have cooked for me, so I only paid attention to slapping/smacking them on the ass and letting them do their thing. Yeah I know, too much info LOL but I miss those days. I am going to try this recipe next week, I have to go grocery shopping. Thank you so much.........

😂😂😂 my grandma always said the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach.. that's the South for you! 

On 11/10/2022 at 10:43 AM, Bit Banger said:

… I have sandwich baggies with dehydrated veggies, …

I should point out that these veggies, some home grown, started out fresh (except corn for which I use frozen kernels) were dried in my own dehydrator.  It does a great job on chilies, most garden veggies, some fruit (which often needs a lemon wash), and even meat. Get a good mandolin for slicing some of your favorites.  Imagine zucchini waffle chips marinated in a chipotle sauce.😁

Edited by Bit Banger

Cool thread! I just now noticed this thread. I plan to check this out and maybe make some orders. I'm in the process of improving my kitchen for better organization and consider better equipment.

1 hour ago, sweetmoment said:

Cool thread! I just now noticed this thread. I plan to check this out and maybe make some orders. I'm in the process of improving my kitchen for better organization and consider better equipment.

You get what you pay for that's for sure. With a foodi or an instant pot they're rather small and mine just sits on the counter. I'm a huge fan of the entire ninja line and it would be so satisfying to have a whole kitchen of their products 🥰🥵🤤

These threads are great and always positive. "feel good" threads are the best! Where everyone is an adult! 😂

My original InstaPot was a 6qt model. I then bought a smaller 3qt version. Fits in my trailer better (living in 8’x27’ does not provide a lot of storage space) and it’s enough when cooking for 1 or 2 without a lot of left overs.

PS: not all threads turn into flame wars 😁

Edited by Bit Banger

Just made chicken noodle soup in my foodi! Thin sliced chicken breast sautéed with minced garlic and onion in butter(duh) till chicken and garlic are slightly golden added 32oz chicken broth, 1 small can cream of chicken some carrot chips and pressure cook on high for 10 min. Slowly release pressure for 5min then quick release. Shred chicken. Add wide egg noodles. Pressure cook 3min. Quick release And BOOM! I don't measure anything 😂 salt and pepper and parsley (if you like it stuck in your teeth!) To taste.

Sorry to turn this into an all the foods thread 🤭😭

Edited by MeganMarie4u

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

On 11/12/2022 at 7:31 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

Just now, tide32 said:

Glad ya did. It's nice to say something and not get hammered. For once I enjoyed looking to see what "everyone" had to add to the thread. Thank You!!!

On 11/10/2022 at 6:51 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Bahaha I laughed out loud at Bob's your uncle and I've never even heard it before!

I always thought Ben was. “Uncle Ben” instant rice? 

2 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I always thought Ben was. “Uncle Ben” instant rice? 

Peter Parker's Uncle

A potluck, Now, that would be fun!!

Just started a pot of pulled pork. Sauce cooked separately. Pork slow cooked with a mix of spices a friend and I have concocted over the years. Homemade Cole slaw, corn bread, cold beer. Life is good. Oh, and her here to share. Just got better.

This is fun. Thank you to all of you!!

57 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Imagine a tob potluck.... 🤯🥰

17 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Just started a pot of pulled pork. Sauce cooked separately. Pork slow cooked with a mix of spices a friend and I have concocted over the years. Homemade Cole slaw, corn bread, cold beer. Life is good. Oh, and her here to share. Just got better.

Sounds like it will be delicious.  I do pulled pork in my Ninja Foodi, pressure cooked.  It can make it so juicy and tender that the shoulder blade just pulls out of the Boston Pork Butt after about two and a half hours, give or take.  Makes for very reasonably priced and delicious meals.  Hmmmm...reminds me that I haven't done one in a few months.

Edited by average1
Forgot something

39 minutes ago, average1 said:

Sounds like it will be delicious.  I do pulled pork in my Ninja Foodi, pressure cooked.  It can make it so juicy and tender that the shoulder blade just pulls out of the Boston Pork Butt after about two and a half hours, give or take.  Makes for very reasonably priced and delicious meals.  Hmmmm...reminds me that I haven't done one in a few months.

I made it with a pork tenderloin and it fell apart with stirring after 30 min! I know it's pricier but I hate fatty meat...even if it is "for flavor" 😂 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

😂😂😂 my grandma always said the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach.. that's the South for you! 

I think your Grandma knows the secret..........................

On 11/14/2022 at 6:09 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Just made chicken noodle soup in my foodi! Thin sliced chicken breast sautéed with minced garlic and onion in butter(duh) till chicken and garlic are slightly golden added 32oz chicken broth, 1 small can cream of chicken some carrot chips and pressure cook on high for 10 min. Slowly release pressure for 5min then quick release. Shred chicken. Add wide egg noodles. Pressure cook 3min. Quick release And BOOM! I don't measure anything 😂 salt and pepper and parsley (if you like it stuck in your teeth!) To taste.

I don't think anyone is complaining from what I can see. It is obvious that this particular subject you enjoy and with that being said, you are making the post/thread a very enjoyable one to follow...............................I just had a plate of chicken and brown rice. They say brown rice is better but I seem to like the taste of white rice better. LOL @ quick release and boom...........................

3 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

I think your Grandma knows the secret..........................

She was a very smart lady! And had the southern hospitality you rarely see anymore... a different breed of human. The kind we all wish we could be like. 💜♥️

Edited by MeganMarie4u

19 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

OTG I haven't had any corn bread in years................... Now you have me thinking about corn bread and pussy........................... Thank you for sharing .............

20 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Imagine a tob potluck.... 🤯🥰

M&M that is a wonderful idea. Make it happen.......................................

On 11/15/2022 at 5:17 PM, lustybustygina said:

Man I want some crockpot food 

Ms Gina I get hungry when I read the comments too. All of them seem like they are wonderful cooks and I would love to sample their food one day LOL.........