Naomi-0172

Fake Reference Request

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

Ladies are you seeing a lot of requests for reference for people with no information and dates and times when you couldn’t have possible met anyone?   Who do we report these profiles to? 

xoxo

Naomi

4 hours ago, Naomi-0172 said:

Hello,

Ladies are you seeing a lot of requests for reference for people with no information and dates and times when you couldn’t have possible met anyone?   Who do we report these profiles to? 

xoxo

Naomi

If some one is requesting a reference from you, and you've never seen the member, report the profile to the moderators here, and decline the reference.  There are a lot of game players here like with all boards.  I haven't had this particular problem before, so thanks for sharing.  

Maybe @TheWhisperer or @Kaduk can post screensshots for how to do it.  If not, send them a pm.  

Send that user a pm. Get them to acknowledge they want a reference. Then use the Report link in the PM and explain they did not see you.

On 9/6/2022 at 6:52 AM, Naomi-0172 said:

Hello,

xoxo

Naomi

I can't think why someone would do that. Use as a reference a lady that they haven't seem.  Seems very unlikely that they will get the reference and very likely to land them on some naughty list. Are they banking that ladies will just be OK with the fact that they have references and not actually following up the the reference? Maybe they are not very smart. 

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

I can't think why someone would do that. Use as a reference a lady that they haven't seem.  Seems very unlikely that they will get the reference and very likely to land them on some naughty list. Are they banking that ladies will just be OK with the fact that they have references and not actually following up the the reference? Maybe they are not very smart. 

Requesting a reference when they haven't had a visit isn't something I've come across yet.  Clients using a provider as a reference when they've never met, now that happens all the time.  Sadly some providers will see a client without verifying with the provider that they have in fact actually met, and making sure the provider is willing to give the client a good reference.  It's quite common actually.  Ladies have got themselves in some trouble trusting what the client says without verifying.   

Believe it or not it happens both ways. I had contacted an inactive TOB provider because the little brained the pics. She wrote back like a month later asking if I  could leave her a review then we could meet. Obviously I  said no but would  be interested in an encounter then I would leave her a review. No reply.

Yesterday I get a pm from her asking me to give her a P411 referral so she could be a P411 provider. I gave the same as previous answer. No reply.

9 minutes ago, gnarley_boy12 said:

Believe it or not it happens both ways. I had contacted an inactive TOB provider because the little brained the pics. She wrote back like a month later asking if I  could leave her a review then we could meet. Obviously I  said no but would  be interested in an encounter then I would leave her a review. No reply.

Yesterday I get a pm from her asking me to give her a P411 referral so she could be a P411 provider. I gave the same as previous answer. No reply.

That's wild.  It's a strange world. 😂

9 hours ago, gnarley_boy12 said:

Thank you for being on your toes. This sounds a bit sketchy.😳

It does happen quite a bit. I had someone a month ago asking for a reference to go see a very popular lady. I had to explain that I can’t give a reference for just talking on the phone. I know that is hard to understand. However, it just doesn’t work that way! 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:13 PM, Mustang87 said:

Im sure some guys are that dumb n try to be slick. Wouldn't be surprised 

8 hours ago, sunshinelovely said:

Im sure some guys are that dumb n try to be slick. Wouldn't be surprised 

Always best to verify.  Providers have got themselves popped not verifying.  Besides you get some extra info if you contact for verification that you wouldn't get even by a standing reference/okay.  Some providers only want to make sure a client isn't LE or a rip off, but you can learn what a client is really all about if you verify in most cases.  Some clients give references/okays out of fear from a negative review or them ruining a providers reputation.  It's a real issue.  Always verify.  Make sure you're a good fit.  Everyone's boundaries and what's acceptable are different.  Many of us have learned this the hard way.  

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Always best to verify.  Providers have got themselves popped not verifying.  Besides you get some extra info if you contact for verification that you wouldn't get even by a standing reference/okay.  Some providers only want to make sure a client isn't LE or a rip off, but you can learn what a client is really all about if you verify in most cases.  Some clients give references/okays out of fear from a negative review or them ruining a providers reputation.  It's a real issue.  Always verify.  Make sure you're a good fit.  Everyone's boundaries and what's acceptable are different.  Many of us have learned this the hard way.  

Exactly 

6 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I agree.  Safety first for all the ladies.