Savoir Faire

June

38 posts in this topic

What is the BEST thing to happen to you in the month of June? 

51 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

My garden (ass all as it is) is starting to really grow and become beautiful! I might need to rethink what I grow if prices keep going up though! Anyway,Summertime in CO can’t be beat! I hope your Summer is going great @Savoir Faire 🐝🩴👒☀️🌺

A beautiful garden represents "Love" in so many different ways.............I can only imagine what your garden looks like right now. My summer is going pretty good if I don't say so myself. I had an "unexpected encounter" on Saturday which definitely is making my summer great already........ Keep me posted on what you are growing in your garden....................

Here are a couple of pictures. Columbine in from the start of June.. the other picture I just took. The snow we got last storm broke the top off my little apple tree. I have the top in an orange Home Depot bucket in hopes of growing roots.

1B388209-6527-451C-B0F3-9963F735C31C.jpeg

74BA2600-C420-4384-9B82-31C3F483BD0C.jpeg

I am not surprised @ all. Your garden looks very nice. Whispers @ Kali to see if she is available for garden hire??????? I would love to have a garden that looks like yours.......

16 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

June 21st is my girlfriend's birthday so every year this month is very beautiful for me because my girlfriend gave all the friends and me a big party.

So, shilling is not permitted here, but the best thing that has happened to me so far this month involves a certain new companion.  Review on TER, not TOB (she has been discussed on TOB forum but does not have a profile here).  

I’ve enjoyed meditating, and having morning coffee on my new patio and new furniture. Colorado is the best for sun! I feel so fortunate to be in the beautiful suburbs, but yet  my place is like a wildlife oasis. Plus… I’ve met some really nice, super fun and adventurous friends in the hobby.😈💕😈

@Kali Sensual Reiki your garden is beautiful!💗

Kali. Your flowers are wonderful. My flowers wouldn’t  grow so I dug down 1 1/2 foot and replaced the soil. Planting new flowers this weekend. My other highlight is I just returned from a 3 week roadtrip driving down hiway 1 in California. What a great trip. OMG I loved the giant redwoods. The “kings” of nature. 

44 minutes ago, Skg said:

Kali. Your flowers are wonderful. My flowers wouldn’t  grow so I dug down 1 1/2 foot and replaced the soil. Planting new flowers this weekend. My other highlight is I just returned from a 3 week roadtrip driving down hiway 1 in California. What a great trip. OMG I loved the giant redwoods. The “kings” of nature. 

I love the Redwood forest also so incredible!  I took a trip to Northern CA with a boyfriend many years ago. I loved it!
    Unfortunately,  because we are so dry here in Colorado and the soil we do have is clay. Every year I must buy a new bag to mix into the soil from the year before. My little garden strip by my garage that you see in the 1 picture, it took 8-10 bags of soil to get it going! Since the first year I started that little strip of garden,  I am now only needing get 1 bag to mix in with what I established. I love gardening! 
As you all must know, if things continue to get expensive? We all will become Victory  gardener’s! 

On 6/22/2022 at 1:14 AM, Johnny Shakes said:

June 21st is my girlfriend's birthday so every year this month is very beautiful for me because my girlfriend gave all the friends and me a big party.

Shakes it appears you have a good girl thats riding with you....................Glad your June is kicking off as expected................

On 6/22/2022 at 6:29 AM, sb1212 said:

So, shilling is not permitted here, but the best thing that has happened to me so far this month involves a certain new companion.  Review on TER, not TOB (she has been discussed on TOB forum but does not have a profile here).  

SB12 you just can't go wrong with a new companion. Have fun and enjoy her to the fullest. She sounds JUICY.................

On 6/22/2022 at 8:13 AM, Audrey Astor said:

I’ve enjoyed meditating, and having morning coffee on my new patio and new furniture. Colorado is the best for sun! I feel so fortunate to be in the beautiful suburbs, but yet  my place is like a wildlife oasis. Plus… I’ve met some really nice, super fun and adventurous friends in the hobby.😈💕😈

@Kali Sensual Reiki your garden is beautiful!💗

Hmmm, every single time I see your name it reminds me of this HOTTIE I use to date that lived in Durango. She blew my socks off for the little time that we dated LOL but I just thought I would share that info with you. Wow I can only imagine what your WILDLIFE OASIS looks like too. I work too damn much, I don't have time to enjoy my patio and all, so I am going to just enjoy it through you until I can make time to enjoy my own. I am glad that your June is kicking off in a great way. 

4 hours ago, Skg said:

SKG Highway 1 is beautiful. It was closed earlier this year I heard but wow I love cruising that stretch of California. Did the price of gas affect your trip at all?

2 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

SKG Highway 1 is beautiful. It was closed earlier this year I heard but wow I love cruising that stretch of California. Did the price of gas affect your trip 

Gas was 6.50 gallon in California. Total gas was $700 for 3800 miles. I figured the increase cost me about 130.00 over normal prices. Not a deal breaker. 
Big Sur and the Hearst Castle were fabulous. One more off my bucket list. 

Jeesh, gas prices are seriously altering my traveling plans so to speak. Its always a blessing when you can scratch something off of your bucket list. I am contemplating a HWY 1 trip next month but not sure driving is the best economical choice if you know what I mean.......Big Sur is simply beautiful.............

On 6/23/2022 at 11:59 AM, Savoir Faire said:

Hmmm, every single time I see your name it reminds me of this HOTTIE I use to date that lived in Durango. She blew my socks off for the little time that we dated LOL but I just thought I would share that info with you. Wow I can only imagine what your WILDLIFE OASIS looks like too. I work too damn much, I don't have time to enjoy my patio and all, so I am going to just enjoy it through you until I can make time to enjoy my own. I am glad that your June is kicking off in a great way. 

Well Durango is my fave Colorado place. 😉 Irs heaven on earth. Yes, we have all kinds of critters running around. It’s great until it’s a bear 🐻 or mountain 🦁. Lol Yes, we all spend too much time working. Sometimes it takes Alice changing event to incorporate what we love into our lives. That being said, I make a point to meditate outdoors most days.

On 23/06/2022 at 10:52 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Shakes it appears you have a good girl thats riding with you....................Glad your June is kicking off as expected................

Yes I am so lucky she is god gifted for me:wub:

20 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Well Durango is my fave Colorado place. 😉 Irs heaven on earth. Yes, we have all kinds of critters running around. It’s great until it’s a bear 🐻 or mountain 🦁. Lol Yes, we all spend too much time working. Sometimes it takes Alice changing event to incorporate what we love into our lives. That being said, I make a point to meditate outdoors most days.

I remember getting stuck so many times traveling in the winter and my boss would be so pissed at me calling off because I couldn't drive back down to Denver. I could have sworn I just saw something about a mountain lion caught on cam in Denver. 

Our second daughter was born in June. She has grown up to be one of the worlds' most incredible people. She has provided me with 6 grandchildren, two sets of twins, yes!!!, two sets of twins, one of them in heaven, and she is just an all-around way cool person.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Here are a couple of pictures. Columbine in from the start of June.. the other picture I just took. The snow we got last storm broke the top off my little apple tree. I have the top in an orange Home Depot bucket in hopes of growing roots.

1B388209-6527-451C-B0F3-9963F735C31C.jpeg

74BA2600-C420-4384-9B82-31C3F483BD0C.jpeg

hi there...This looks great.. I just started this year with potted plants..Some are hit or miss...I replanted the ones that have lost their flowers in yard hoping for recovery. The asiatics(only one I know name for) have all lost petals. I have an orange one like your pic and that is doing great now that I put it in the yard....

On 6/26/2022 at 2:47 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Our second daughter was born in June. She has grown up to be one of the worlds' most incredible people. She has provided me with 6 grandchildren, two sets of twins, yes!!!, two sets of twins, one of them in heaven, and she is just an all-around way cool person.

OTG don't you just love it when your kids shine and make their parents proud? Sorry to hear about the twin that is heaven. Thanks for your input, love to hear heartfelt stories/events/experiences.............................

On 6/25/2022 at 3:04 AM, Johnny Shakes said:

Yes I am so lucky she is god gifted for me:wub:

Nothing like a god gifted partner in crime...........................

11 hours ago, lurkernomore757 said:

hi there...This looks great.. I just started this year with potted plants..Some are hit or miss...I replanted the ones that have lost their flowers in yard hoping for recovery. The asiatics(only one I know name for) have all lost petals. I have an orange one like your pic and that is doing great now that I put it in the yard....

Marigold flowers @Lurknomore757, this flowers grow very well here in Denver and they’re supposed to keep the misquotes away? Look for perennial flowers and bulbs to plant in the soil -so they come back again for you. It feels good coming home to flowers after being out for the day.  Snap dragons, and violets, pansies are easy to plant and we return again. Easy to maintain too. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Adding a picture

I am really excited to see that the morning glories are starting to crawl. I put up little garden walls the the morning glories can climb and eventually bloom on. I also have star gazers and tiger lilies that will be in full bloom soon too. 
summer is my time of year! Even with the heat. I love it when the earth is alive! 🥰🥰

I’ve really been enjoying watching the bees and butterflies in my milkweed patch! I’m scouting for Monarchs! 

27 minutes ago, MyraGold said:

I’ve really been enjoying watching the bees and butterflies in my milkweed patch! I’m scouting for Monarchs! 

367AEC5B-AF9E-4263-BADE-C40DDB22E86A_1_201_a.jpeg