Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Summer love of 1968

10 posts in this topic

@oldertruckguy-9225 Such a beautiful love letter ❤️❤️ to your teenage sweetheart! I think most of us can remember, the first time we had our breath taken away. It was as simple as just a look, just a smile, just a kiss. That was all it took to be on cloud 9.

I am sure her memories of you, were just as magical!

Great story. Mine from the same year also involved a church camp.  I was an 8th grade camper. Cant believe they let us slow dance to Crimson and Clover. 

Go make more memories. Age is just a number....

High school and summer romances can be very intense and leave fond memories that last a life time.

I feel your pain. Condolences.

Very sorry for your loss, oldertruckguy, but very glad you made some great memories with her that will remain forever.  Those memories can make life worth living. Thanks for sharing.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:04 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

My teenage sweetheart [snip] passed April 12th, 20222. at the age of 70.  Summer of 1968. I had just graduated from High school was accepted to SIU Carbondale and, for the third year in a row was a VBC counselor at our regional church camp. Life was good!! One of my tasks that summer was to orientate the new counselors. That was how I met her. Tall, slender, red hair, green eyes and a million freckles. Junior in High School. Seven weeks of different churches VBC all at our camp. She was there for all seven weeks.  That summer was magical!!  We never had sex. Lots of intense make out sessions, Occasionally, articles of clothing unbuttoned or unclasped. Never removed. And, OMG could she kiss!!!  I never had my breath taken away with a kiss until hers. Hours of holding, cuddling and kissing. And laughing and teasing and leading VBC. Magical summer. And then it was over. The last group was gone.  She couldn't stay to help close up because of a family vacation. We PROMISED to keep it going. Life happens. I went on to SIU. She went back to High School.  We occasionally saw one another over the years when we would be "back home". She graduated college, was a teacher. Married a great guy, had three boys. Now,  I smile. I so fondly remember how she could kiss. How she could throw her back and laugh all the way from her toes.  Still smiling. I got to experience one of Lifes' treasures.

Glad you have fond memories and sorry for your loss.  Experiences from our youths can leave deep and lasting impressions.  A couple of years ago, I looked up one of my High School girlfriends and discovered she died about 9 years ago.  Made me sad and she was a wonderful girl.  Like you, we never had sex, but lots of make out sessions with heavy petting.  She was my first experience of getting a lady to climax and it happened quite frequently.  Very fond memories for a variety of reasons.

That is so sweet! You’re a gem!

Didn’t we watch a movie of this title in high school? Maybe I have the wrong movie.🤔

Sweet.  Some things do last forever, certainly when we are young.  

Oh to go back to when we all where so young and know what we do today .

What a sweet sweet  summer of love :)