Brooke

References and Reviews

18 posts in this topic

I must say I give give give and when I need a review no one is willing to give back Why???

Some guys may be hesitant to give reviews, and I don't know why, but I am sure they have their reasons.  The reviews can be helpful for folks on both sides of the equation.  I try to remember to ask the lady if she wants a review.  Almost all have said, "Yes."  And I've honored the wishes of those who have said, "No."  Not sure of the etiquette, but I think it would be fine to ask a gent if he would be willing to submit a review if he is a TOB member. 

Hopefully those same guys aren't asking you for a reference :/

I always review. It is often my way of saying "thanks".

I have two in the queue that have been "pending" for maybe a week. Could it be that providers sometimes don't approve them? I have no idea what the process looks like once we submit.

Edited by Maclovin

Sometimes guys think we have so many already. They really do help with showing legitimacy, and current level of service.😄

36 minutes ago, Maclovin said:

Could it be that providers sometimes don't approve them? 

No.  Providers do not get to "approve" reviews.  If she chooses to she can file a rebuttal to a bad review - or I suppose a good one, but why would she lol? Whatever the delay in your reviews posting, it is not the provider causing a delay.

13 hours ago, Maclovin said:

I always review. It is often my way of saying "thanks".

I have two in the queue that have been "pending" for maybe a week. Could it be that providers sometimes don't approve them? I have no idea what the process looks like once we submit.

"Reviews can take up to 8 days to be approved"

This is stated right above the Submit button. Have a good day

I can say that we appreciate the effort. Other one off boards are not as friendly, nice or as informative as TOB. 

On 4/13/2022 at 5:39 PM, Brooke said:

I must say I give give give and when I need a review no one is willing to give back Why???

Maybe tell the guys you see that you would appreciate it if they would submit a review.

I feel like this is a missed opportunity for both sides.  It's a quick conversation that should take place at end of session or with a quick text afterwards clarifying that a review is either wanted or not by the provider.  I'm super confident that with the way I conduct myself during a session that a provider is going to feel comfortable with me.  I WANT to make a good impression with them so they will gladly give me a good reference when I'm trying to schedule with a different provider.  While most providers also recognize the importance of reviews and would love to have another positive review, there are some who choose to limit their reviews for whatever reason.  Just have a quick conversation about what she would like as you are saying thank you. 

On 4/14/2022 at 0:54 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

Hopefully those same guys aren't asking you for a reference :/

Tit for tat?  Ha!

Maybe not a popular opinion….but, I tend to think that a good majority of reviews are self serving—— conquests bragging. 
Some are done to help the ladies with promotion, etc

14 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Maybe not a popular opinion….but, I tend to think that a good majority of reviews are self serving—— conquests bragging. 
Some are done to help the ladies with promotion, etc

How so Audrey? And bragging for who?  That's an interesting perspective if you're willing to elaborate I'd love to hear.  

On 4/25/2022 at 3:13 AM, Bravo1 said:

Tit for tat?  Ha!

Yes I do believe if a client asks a provider to help him out by giving him a reference, they should reciprocate the favor if she would like a review.  That's common courtesy to me.   References are a courtesy to help a client connect with another provider.  We are not required to give them.   We are not required to keep them, just like clients are not required to give a review or required to keep a review.   

My rule is if a client I have seen was a decent, respectful man, then I tell him I would be happy to give him a reference to another provider who reaches out to me via text, email or phone. If he wants a reference on TOB, then I ask for a short, nice review. It is a simple you help me, I help you. If he asks for a reference and will not review me, I decline. Not cool. It's like wait a minute... I helped you out. It is very easy to write a simple one paragraph review since we are giving them an OK . After my sessions I always inform my  clients of review and reference polices, so there is no confusion or hard feelings.

I recently had a client ask me for a reference and I asked him to write me a simple nice review. Crickets..... he could not give me the decency for a reply. He had already known my reference and review policies. If a provider reaches out to me about him, I will give him an ok, no problem! But, I find it very offensive if I am left in a position of just giving, and I do not get a simple review stating the experience he had with me. We providers build our good reputation on these reviews. So, I get you Brooke, it is sad that some people will not give back when you give to them. Just blow it off, and next time... don't do it!  

Edited by Ms T DDD
Adding

On 4/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

Yes I do believe if a client asks a provider to help him out by giving him a reference, they should reciprocate the favor if she would like a review.  That's common courtesy to me.   References are a courtesy to help a client connect with another provider.  We are not required to give them.   We are not required to keep them, just like clients are not required to give a review or required to keep a review.   

I completely agree! 

I'm empathize with you on the give, give, giving. It sounds like you are a very generous lady. Have you asked your admirers why they haven't written a review if you have asked for one? 

I usually try to offer a review if the session went well and we clicked. I completely understand that it helps both parties out with reviews and references. 

I also have honored not reviewing a lady because they didn't want it(not that the session was bad, just they did not want more reviews.)

I hope fate reaches out and helps you!