travelguy

Never send a deposit

22 posts in this topic

The lady wanted 200 amazon gift card. As soon as it was sent, she ghosted me on email & P411 within minutes.

27 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Then write a review on who ripped you off. Us ladies that do require deposits, and take great pride in providing stellar service don't condone this kind of action as it makes our job harder. 

Something to take from this...do your homework. Google the ladies you are interested in, peruse reviews, look for social media interactions etc. about them...make sure they are legit, and professional. This will be key in making you comfortable and willing to provide the money necessary for the experience you are looking for. No one wants to hear of these kinds of situations happening, but sadly they do. Just because a gal looks hot and gets you going doesn't mean she will be good. The guys that read, and take their time to choose tend to get richly rewarded. Not every provider is the same.

Good luck in your future ventures.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I agree with Samantha🙏 I myself have a THD which is minimal only because of the NCNS I was experiencing when I returned to CO. I do however no longer require it from my VIP gentlemen because they’ve shown me they are true gentlemen. I understand life happens and to those that don’t require it that’s fine too. I’ve just found the ones that do send them don’t play games and definitely are more respectful of my feelings and sanctuary🙏

Let's see.  You have been a TOB member for almost 4 years and only 4 posts  Plenty of time to read posts and know what and what not to do regarding gift cards.

YOu also should know if you have been reading the forums tha tin a case like what happened to you, you should write a review or at least mention in your post who she was and a link to her.

Report to P411 if you have not already.  Review - sure, if you can under current rules. B)

I would have to think the number of ladies willing to risk loss of P411 membership for a one time deposit would be pretty low.  But obviously from this and another recent thread, low but not zero.  That is the importance of review/report to P411.  Weed out the bad actresses.

And in turn I’ve had gentlemen ask if I take GC~Venmo~PayPal and my answer is ALWAYS no….I had an horrible experience with that company and WILL NEVER take that chance again🙏

23 hours ago, sb1212 said:

The message should be "don't give a gift card to this companion". Painting all companions with the same brush is unfair and inaccurate. Also - not to add insult to injury, but the gift card rip-off is an old trick and well documented.  Yes - write a review to alert the rest of us and to narrow the focus....  

I agree with what you have to say here, however, the ladies are, in essence, painting all potential clients with the same brush when they require a deposit because of the way some have treated them.

16 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Report to P411 if you have not already.  Review - sure, if you can under current rules. B)

I would have to think the number of ladies willing to risk loss of P411 membership for a one time deposit would be pretty low.  But obviously from this and another recent thread, low but not zero.  That is the importance of review/report to P411.  Weed out the bad actresses.

I agree contact p411 if legitimately ripped off.   If everyone who gets ripped off reports the member, a pattern will be established.  That's how to get rid of scammers.  

2 hours ago, mustang said:

I agree with what you have to say here, however, the ladies are, in essence, painting all potential clients with the same brush when they require a deposit because of the way some have treated them.

Establishing a good business practice is not painting clients with any kind of brush.  

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Establishing a good business practice is not painting clients with any kind of brush.  

IMO not a good business practice ........ the excuses the ladies use is that it will stop the no shows and in some way offer protection.  They are, in affect, saying that clients are not trustworthy.

1 minute ago, mustang said:

It's not your business, so you can have whatever opinion you want, but you're ignorant to a provider's business.  We don't need excuses for our business decisions.  We know what works for us and what doesn't work for us based on our own personal experience through trial and error, and through advice from those in our industry that are successful. It has nothing to do with thinking all clients are ncns/time wasters.  A lot of companies require prepayment or deposits. Why take the chance of losing money when there can be a guarantee.  It's a CYA thing, so if something comes up on the client end for whatever reason, were not left holding the bag.  It’s good business.  You're just making into something personal because you don't like deposits. 

Its real simple. If a companion wants a deposit and the client is not willing to pay that, then both move on. Don't waste any brain cells trying to rationalize or change  someone else's belief system in the hobby. Won't work.  Lots of options for all concerned here at the TOB Superstore.....

On 3/29/2022 at 4:42 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

It's not your business, so you can have whatever opinion you want, but you're ignorant to a provider's business.  We don't need excuses for our business decisions.  We know what works for us and what doesn't work for us based on our own personal experience through trial and error, and through advice from those in our industry that are successful. It has nothing to do with thinking all clients are ncns/time wasters.  A lot of companies require prepayment or deposits. Why take the chance of losing money when there can be a guarantee.  It's a CYA thing, so if something comes up on the client end for whatever reason, were not left holding the bag.  It’s good business.  You're just making into something personal because you don't like deposits. 

"My opinion alert"

I totally understand why a provider would want a deposit upfront. However, it is a one-sided business practice that makes me feel very uncomfortable to a point where I'm no longer in the mood to see her. That's not a jab at any providers who ask for a deposit, that's just how I feel when asked for a deposit. I known its not personal, but the feeling I have when asked is undeniable. The thought of whether i'm getting ripped off all the way to my appointment kinda takes away from the expectations of a blissful encounter. 

Generally a good business practice is a win win situation for both parties involved. When business practices is one-sided that typically makes the other feel some type of way. What other solutions could there be to make both parties comfortable? 

P.S Shout out to TOB, for helping me recoup a deposit from a reputable provider couple years ago. 

2 hours ago, scottiep33 said:

"My opinion alert"

I totally understand why a provider would want a deposit upfront. However, it is a one-sided business practice that makes me feel very uncomfortable to a point where I'm no longer in the mood to see her. That's not a jab at any providers who ask for a deposit, that's just how I feel when asked for a deposit. I known its not personal, but the feeling I have when asked is undeniable. The thought of whether i'm getting ripped off all the way to my appointment kinda takes away from the expectations of a blissful encounter. 

Generally a good business practice is a win win situation for both parties involved. When business practices is one-sided that typically makes the other feel some type of way. What other solutions could there be to make both parties comfortable? 

P.S Shout out to TOB, for helping me recoup a deposit from a reputable provider couple years ago. 

Again your opinion is from a clients perspective, and it's not your "business."  Some of us don't really like dealing with "moody" little fuckers. Half the time that client books when they're in the mood, and then they're not in the mood when appt time comes.  Then we hear things like they got a flat tire, or work called, car crash, med emergency, family emergency, and we don't get paid a cancelation, and we turned down work from non moody people, so it's lost income because the moody client already has the booking.  Maybe you're not that guy, but maybe the provider doesn't have an opening available for you when you are in the mood because of that guy, so again she loses the money.  The percentages of ncns/lmc are incredibly high in our industry.  Screening lowers that percentage, and deposits lower it even more, so for me it's not a question of if, but when do I require one. For many providers that answer is ALWAYS, and then their asses are covered.  I love this industry.  😁💙💙💙

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

I've been in this industry 6 years now I started off on Backpage and then I went to Tob. I am grateful  TOB gave me a different light on this whole industry but then covid happened after covid something happened to this industry where people no longer want to work people just want to scam and I've even had reputable men from Tob that have canceled last minute and do not pay cancellation fee or even played games with the appointment and didn't show. But the only one who is screwed in these situations is me.  I do not want to do that anymore I will not do it anymore and I require deposit if somebody doesn't want to pay the deposit then that's fine they don't have to see me but something changed after covid and everybody knows that everything has changed after covid and now I have to make a change so I can survive. It definitely weeds out the time wasters and game players that's for sure and everybody has a right to their own opinion,  it's their choice that's why it's called a choice. You choose to either go with the times or not this isn't fucking pre-covid days this is a whole different time now and we have to move with the times. I think some of you are just too ignorant to realize things are really different I honestly think it's extremely sad what has happened to this industry but that's my opinion. And I do have a right to my opinion. But to sit back and think that everything is just like it was is just fucking ignorant and thats a fact. 

1 hour ago, Madison Taylor said:

I've been in this industry 6 years now I started off on Backpage and then I went to Tob. I am grateful  TOB gave me a different light on this whole industry but then covid happened after covid something happened to this industry where people no longer want to work people just want to scam and I've even had reputable men from Tob that have canceled last minute and do not pay cancellation fee or even played games with the appointment and didn't show. But the only one who is screwed in these situations is me.  I do not want to do that anymore I will not do it anymore and I require deposit if somebody doesn't want to pay the deposit then that's fine they don't have to see me but something changed after covid and everybody knows that everything has changed after covid and now I have to make a change so I can survive. It definitely weeds out the time wasters and game players that's for sure and everybody has a right to their own opinion,  it's their choice that's why it's called a choice. You choose to either go with the times or not this isn't fucking pre-covid days this is a whole different time now and we have to move with the times. I think some of you are just too ignorant to realize things are really different I honestly think it's extremely sad what has happened to this industry but that's my opinion. And I do have a right to my opinion. But to sit back and think that everything is just like it was is just fucking ignorant and thats a fact. 

AND it is always good for business to call potential clients ignorant.

40 minutes ago, mustang said:

I don’t think that she was referring to “potential clients” i.e. ones that are willing to abide by her terms, as the ignorant ones…

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Again your opinion is from a clients perspective, and it's not your "business."  Some of us don't really like dealing with "moody" little fuckers. Half the time that client books when they're in the mood, and then they're not in the mood when appt time comes.  Then we hear things like they got a flat tire, or work called, car crash, med emergency, family emergency, and we don't get paid a cancelation, and we turned down work from non moody people, so it's lost income because the moody client already has the booking.  Maybe you're not that guy, but maybe the provider doesn't have an opening available for you when you are in the mood because of that guy, so again she loses the money.  The percentages of ncns/lmc are incredibly high in our industry.  Screening lowers that percentage, and deposits lower it even more, so for me it's not a question of if, but when do I require one. For many providers that answer is ALWAYS, and then their asses are covered.  I love this industry.  😁💙💙💙

Or they look at our photos on our website, wack off and the "mood" is gone. Many REALLY don't comprehend anything beyond their wee wee. NOT only are we out our pay for the appointment they flaked on, but the appointment we turned away for that time. Depending on how many hours this flake booked, even more money lost because they block out our day.

It takes most men 10 minutes to Sh**, Shower, and Shave. For me, a solid hour to get work ready. Even in between each toe needs to be scrubbed, because never know where a client wants to put his tongue. So there is MORE time lost if a person NS or LMC.

Also, TOB is not a superstore, and we are not merchandise to be purchased. Can't stand when people say this. You guys DO have the choice to pick a lady that doesn't have a deposit, instead of whining about it all the time.

2 hours ago, Madison Taylor said:

YES^^^^ They have NO clue, nor do they care. I have to secure a nice incall. The hotel puts a hold on my card before I arrive, if the total amount isn't put on my card before  I even check in! Then when I do check in, an additional "incidentals" hold is put on my card, and doesn't fall off until days after I have checked out. Also, now if I cancel my reservations within 24 to 48 hours I will ABSOLUTELY be charged a cancellation fee!! Ignorant for sure!!!  Not their problem!

I pay deposits all the time to see clients!

55 minutes ago, mustang said:

LOL it is like beating a dead horse! Trying to get it through some of these "ignorant" people's thick skulls! Mustang just change your handle to "No Deposits, No Cancellation Fees" it will spare you so much time posting the same thing over and over and over...... And stop telling us what is good for our business!!!!!

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Sorry I quoted the wrong one if you read my post I do not State anything about my potential clients at the end I talk about people in general that are ignorant to the fact that things are totally different than they were before. So please if you want to push something negative like that on me make sure you quoted the right thing and completely understand what I was talking about

21 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I can not argue with that since it's happening that frequently. Message to all the fellas out there, GET YO SHIT TOGETHER y'all making it hard out here. Lol