CountryGentleman

Hope you’re all safe

20 posts in this topic

I hope all you ladies and gents in the Northern areas of Denver are staying safe from the fire!

Hardly any warning.  Yes, I hope everyone is ok and hunkered down somewhere safe.  My heart is with all of you in the affected areas.  Truly heartbreaking.

Hopefully, the winds will die down and let tomorrow's (expected) snow help with the fires! 

1 hour ago, lustybustygina said:

How close it this to Denver ? 

About 25 miles 

I'm nowhere near the fires,but the winds were so strong in my neighborhood that a very tall tree in .my backyard fell down.No one and no houses were hurt,it's going to be a big and expensive mess to clean up.Prayets to those that lost everything in the fires.One of my musician friends did and he and his lady are staying here at my place. 

Wish the snow would have come a day sooner to help with the fire.  Air quality is bad because of the smoke.  I can only imagine what it is like to lose your house, your home, your possessions (many may be irreplaceable heirlooms) and the feeling of what the future will hold.  My heart goes out to all affected and hope people step up and find ways to help.

51 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

I'm nowhere near the fires,but the winds were so strong in my neighborhood that a very tall tree in .my backyard fell down.No one and no houses were hurt,it's going to be a big and expensive mess to clean up.Prayets to those that lost everything in the fires.One of my musician friends did and he and his lady are staying here at my place. 

11E228AC-93D9-42D7-BBAD-BA04FBF8BC57.jpeg

Indeed thoughts and prayers to all the families! And a huge Thank You to all first responders!

I live about 3 miles North of where the fire was finally contained. Watched the fire all day. When I saw the smoke color changed from gray to black I knew structures were burning. Went to my gym in the afternoon which is a evacuation center. The place filled up with worried scared people with their pets and all they could pack into their cars in a hurry. Some neighbors packing their cars in case they got an evacuation order. Had in laws staying with. They packed up and left and went farther North to stay with friends. 

I wasn't surprised that was a fire, just the extent. The places I take my dog for hikes I've been saying you could just throw a match and start a fire.

So sad. Families with kids with looking for someplace to stay.  Paying their mortgage on their house that was burnt to the ground and also paying rent. 

Okay, everyone knows all this, I will stop.

12 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

How close it this to Denver ? 

The main issue is that it was through large residential areas. A Target shopping center burnt down. We are already in a very challenging housing market. This is just so sad and surreal. 😢

Had an ex girlfriend knock on my door for shelter.My living room has sleeping bags for my two friends already staying here,so she shared my bed. Within 10 minutes of her walking in the door.I remembered why she is an ex,but I'm not kicking any of these three out.They lost everything. 

35 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Had an ex girlfriend knock on my door for shelter.My living room has sleeping bags for my two friends already staying here,so she shared my bed. Within 10 minutes of her walking in the door.I remembered why she is an ex,but I'm not kicking any of these three out.They lost everything. 

Cudos!

These fires were surreal.  I live in North Arvada area and drove over to see how close they were getting.  Took Indiana street North towards Rock Creek and wasn’t expecting to see what I saw.  The whole fuckn subdivision was flattened to ashes, every damn house!  Still hard to comprehend how a whole subdivision could be toppled this quickly, but hot embers were literally flying all over the sky and the fact that the shopping center went too is the topper!  Sickening to think this could happen…. Donating a bunch of warm clothes I don’t wear anymore, so if you know someone that needs something, hit me in the DM.