Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
contrails

Stripchat website hijacking my browser.

16 posts in this topic

When I’m not signed in and looking through the site, usually the listings section, the browser keeps getting hijacked to a stripchat.com website. I’ve tried to clear the cache, cookies and history pages to no avail. Anyone else having this happen?

Yes, started again for me on Tuesday :( Same as last time for me, the window pops up behind the TOB page.  

4 hours ago, Caressa Duval said:

Yes, started again for me on Tuesday :( Same as last time for me, the window pops up behind the TOB page.  

Same for me.  And I clear my history and cache regularly.  For TOB I use the Opera browser with built in VPN.  Hopefully Whisperer is working to get it resolved like the last time it happened.

It's a pop under. It occurs once every 24 hours when a user visits the listing page.

1 hour ago, TheWhisperer said:

It's a pop under. It occurs once every 24 hours when a user visits the listing page.

Or never depending on browser and security settings.  

40 minutes ago, Phil-anderer said:

i never see it, but have adblock and a couple of other things....

I have cookies, pop-ups blocked, and security settings set high on my PC. I use Firefox for anything related to the hobby.  Now, I think the only solution is to download something like adblock to stop this.

Just remember everyone it pops up behind the window. If you don't live alone, close ALL the windows before leaving your computer, and don't click on the snipchat site who knows what that will put on your computer....just X it out.

Any advice on ad blocking software that can be downloaded free would be appreciated!

Running Chrome with pop ups blocked, java script blocked, flash disabled, cookies blocked, and miscellaneous invasive windows bullshit like "manage interests" deleted or blocked, skype throttled and blocked and Webroot running in background kills it in its tracks - along with all manner of other bs elsewhere.  Adblockers may work, but you can do everything they do and more on your own, depending on being familiar with what is running and why on your computer.  Sadly the data miners - microsoft, google, amazon, etc. - never rest coming up with ways around your security.  B) The real question is why management would subject members to this stupid crap to begin with.  

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Running Chrome with pop ups blocked, java script blocked, flash disabled, cookies blocked, and miscellaneous invasive windows bullshit like "manage interests" deleted or blocked, skype throttled and blocked and Webroot running in background kills it in its tracks - along with all manner of other bs elsewhere.  Adblockers may work, but you can do everything they do and more on your own, depending on being familiar with what is running and why on your computer.  Sadly the data miners - microsoft, google, amazon, etc. - never rest coming up with ways around your security.  B) The real question is why management would subject members to this stupid crap to begin with.  

thanks for this - tweaking chrome on my machine now...

amazing how they leave all these doors open as 'default' 

8 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Agree with everything he said...  I have it set very strictly, so often I have to pause or 'pause once' to allow a site to work properly.  That's just right as far as I'm concerned.

8 hours ago, gr8owl said:

The real question is why management would subject members to this stupid crap to begin with.  

This.