Newoldbull

Anybody miss Trump yet?

36 posts in this topic

I knew when Biden was sworn in that it was going to get stupid but it has gotten way past stupid. It has been complete insanity. The catrasophe that has been created at the border alone should prove that. It's obvious he is struggling with his cognitive abilities. WHO is really running this country? Anybody who thinks anything he has done since being in office is a good thing doesnt have enough sense to come out of the rain. This nation is in trouble!

While asylum-seeking and border crossing is often identified as a problem with Mexican immigrants, from 2000 to 2016 unlawful Mexican immigration dropped off by almost 90 percent. Instead, most of these individuals came from the Northern Triangle of Central America: Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. In all these countries, U.S. foreign policy and investments in brutal regimes in the 1980s during the Cold War created climates that became rife with violence and distress that continues today. If I remember correctly, R. Reagan (R) and G. W. Bush (R) were at the helm in the 1980’s. Yeah, so blame it on Biden.

3 hours ago, Rick_A said:

While asylum-seeking and border crossing is often identified as a problem with Mexican immigrants, from 2000 to 2016 unlawful Mexican immigration dropped off by almost 90 percent. Instead, most of these individuals came from the Northern Triangle of Central America: Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. In all these countries, U.S. foreign policy and investments in brutal regimes in the 1980s during the Cold War created climates that became rife with violence and distress that continues today. If I remember correctly, R. Reagan (R) and G. W. Bush (R) were at the helm in the 1980’s. Yeah, so blame it on Biden.

I was not a Bush fan. 41 or 43. They represented the far right and Big Oil. The Irac war for an example had nothing to do with terrorism but maintaining control over the middle east for big oil. But making mistakes to change the mistakes of previous administrations is not the answer. Letting a projected 2 million undocumented immigrants into this country in this fiscal year is insanity. These people want to be aprehended. What about the ones who don't want to be caught that are getting through. Criminals, terrorists, drug smugglers. Fentanyl is up 300 percent. The cartels are laughing at us as well as the Chinese and are other adversaries. I havent even touched on the other insane policies that he is endorsing. Lifting sanctions on Russian oil pipeline to Europe while canceling XL pipeline in our own country. Have you filled your gas tank lately. Also talk of entering the Iran nuclear deal again. Are you kidding me. I could go on all night but I hope you get what  I'm  getting at. 

I absolutely miss Trump ... just like I miss the cancerous tumor that was removed from my kidney years ago.

Trump made USA a hot mess and still is ...  I don't miss his Orange Glow Ass at all ....If he runs in 2024 and don't win  who will he blame then ? or wait  rigged again lol   

Not that I like where we are now either .... 

He has to leave to be missed.  If he did I will miss him like a boil on the ass that got lanced.  Hopefully by 2024 he is in prison. Where he belongs.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:38 PM, Newoldbull said:

Common sense is not very common anymore!

Yep!!!!  You just cant fix STUPID.   The sheep have spoken. lol

I remember reading several opinions before the election that questioned if Biden really wanted the job or not. The opinants concluded that he didn't want the job but here we are. 

Like the OP, I too would like to know not only who is running the country but who talked Biden into running in the first place.  The answer to the latter question might provide an answer to the first question.

Never really a fan of Trump but, in a sort of Saddam Hussein kind of way, he provided some amount of stability for America in terms of common sense immigration, healthy and vibrant economy, some amount of law and order (which seems to be completely missing now), and so on.  I voted Libertarian, but in hindsight, I probably should have pinched my nose, closed my eyes, and pulled for Trump. 

1 hour ago, Milos Vesely said:

I remember reading several opinions before the election that questioned if Biden really wanted the job or not. The opinants concluded that he didn't want the job but here we are. 

Like the OP, I too would like to know not only who is running the country but who talked Biden into running in the first place.  The answer to the latter question might provide an answer to the first question.

Never really a fan of Trump but, in a sort of Saddam Hussein kind of way, he provided some amount of stability for America in terms of common sense immigration, healthy and vibrant economy, some amount of law and order (which seems to be completely missing now), and so on.  I voted Libertarian, but in hindsight, I probably should have pinched my nose, closed my eyes, and pulled for Trump. 

Biden - Why not take him at his word as to why he ran, reported widely and repeatedly - Charlottesville

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-motivated-joe-biden-to-run-for-president

Libertarians - yes, I voted libertarian many times.  Then they came out with repeal of the Civil Rights Act as an official plank in their national platform.  Dead to me for that stupidity.

Trump law and order - you mean like his violent coup attempt, 20 some women accusing him of sexual harassment/assault, in bed financially with Deutch Bank (admitted laundering agency of Russian mob money) who mysteriously forgave a couple hundred million dollar loan on Chicago Trump Tower after the Orange Wonder defaulted on payments and let him keep the building (!!!!), the Big Lie and 60 odd frivolous law suits with no evidence,  attempting to overturn a legitimate election by any and all means, and the list goes on and on.  Law and Order?  More like the Hate, Division and Criminal president!  I would be happy to pull a lever on the jackass, but it would not be connected to a voting machine.

Anybody miss Trump yet?

Can't miss somebody who constantly keeps himself in the news.

“…Hate and Division…”

It was Pres. Obama’s hate and division which gave us Pres. Trump, a swing of the pendulum.

While I don’t condone driving into a crowd, you have to admit that “peaceful (counter-) protesters” don’t show up dressed in riot gear. The ultra left had been pushing for a fight. Antifa’s antics at Berkeley and other venues, shutting down free speech with violence and the threat of more, fueled the ultra right. 2020’s summer of violence and the lack of government response, more than Pres. Trump’s rhetoric, inspired the events of Jan 6th.

6 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

“…Hate and Division…”

It was Pres. Obama’s hate and division which gave us Pres. Trump, a swing of the pendulum.

While I don’t condone driving into a crowd, you have to admit that “peaceful (counter-) protesters” don’t show up dressed in riot gear. The ultra left had been pushing for a fight. Antifa’s antics at Berkeley and other venues, shutting down free speech with violence and the threat of more, fueled the ultra right. 2020’s summer of violence and the lack of government response, more than Pres. Trump’s rhetoric, inspired the events of Jan 6th.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

7 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

“…Hate and Division…”

Yeah that trying to make sure everyone had decent health care, recovering the economy from the Bush melt down, and taking out Bin Laden - such hate and division!!  The capacity of Trumpies to shamelessly lie and try to revise history is breath taking.  You don't like liberals (I have issues with the far left as well), the word antifa makes you twitch, and a violent attempted coup is just tourists and a peaceful protest.  Stunning, simply stunning.  BTW Charlottesville was during the Orange Travesty so what exactly does that have to do with Obama?  And a few nut job lefties in Portland breaking the law being ignored by police causes and JUSTIFIES a violent coup attempt!!  Astounding.  Were you at the rally to support the insurrectionists Friday?

On 9/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, MrReindeer-9515 said:

When discussing cause & effect I don’t feel that it’s aboutism. 

On 9/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, MrReindeer-9515 said:

What do you call it when mention of the Seattle & Portland insurrections are deflected by January 6th?

19 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

What do you call it when mention of the Seattle & Portland insurrections are deflected by January 6th?

Rare.  The reverse - constant.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Rare.  The reverse - constant.

Right!

On 9/19/2021 at 8:49 AM, gr8owl said:

…  And a few nut job lefties in Portland breaking the law being ignored by police causes and JUSTIFIES a violent coup attempt!!  …

Tell that to the Portland businesses that were destroyed by the “few nut job lefties” who tried to burn down a Federal court house for weeks.  Or to the residents of the occupied CHAD neighborhood in Seattle.  

What is your definition of ‘insurrection’?

Edited by Bit Banger

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Right!

Tell that to the Portland businesses that were destroyed by the “few nut job lefties” who tried to burn down a Federal court house for weeks.  Or to the residents of the occupied CHAD neighborhood in Seattle.  

What is your definition of ‘insurrection’?

definition of insurrection per Oxford:  "a violent uprising against an authority or government."

Two cities for reasons I have no understanding of and totally disagree with, direct their police to allow the bull shit that went on there.  Citizens of two cities can recall representatives and change direction to police.  Limited issue, clear available solution.  Violent attempted coup that had it succeeded (and Orange One is STILL trying) would have overturned a legitimate free election (cornerstone of our republic!) and installed an illegitimate president.  Short of civil war, how do you remedy that?  Through election?  Nope thrown out!!  So to summarize an issue effecting two cities with a clear available solution vs. entire country having its right to vote and select its government taken away with no solution short of civil war.  How is it you think the two are comparable again?

Edited by gr8owl

How was the "insurrection" violent? Was it the feet on the desk? Or was it the guy laughing stealing the podium? Perhaps the violence was AOCs designer shoes being stolen, or the menacing and maniacal grandma of 78 years who is still in custody many months later? 

Or are you talking about the lie that was perpetuated that a capital policeman died of head trauma? (When in reality, he died two days later and the coroner said it was a stroke and unrelated to the capital event).

I watched my country basically burn every weekend the last two years by "mostly peaceful protesters". I volunteered as a medic when we had the protests here in Denver for two nights after the man who overdosed on fentynil died in a viral video. At this "protest" I was berated by antifa and pepper sprayed while triaging street patients (I am a nurse), all to be told by the media that the people who literally pepper sprayed me and called me a "fascist" while trowing objects at me were simply, "an idea".

So the pearl clutching over this "Insurrection" is just totally overblown... Like everything in our society these days.

20 minutes ago, TS Tara Rides said:

How was the "insurrection" violent? Was it the feet on the desk? Or was it the guy laughing stealing the podium? Perhaps the violence was AOCs designer shoes being stolen, or the menacing and maniacal grandma of 78 years who is still in custody many months later? 

Or are you talking about the lie that was perpetuated that a capital policeman died of head trauma? (When in reality, he died two days later and the coroner said it was a stroke and unrelated to the capital event).

I watched my country basically burn every weekend the last two years by "mostly peaceful protesters". I volunteered as a medic when we had the protests here in Denver for two nights after the man who overdosed on fentynil died in a viral video. At this "protest" I was berated by antifa and pepper sprayed while triaging street patients (I am a nurse), all to be told by the media that the people who literally pepper sprayed me and called me a "fascist" while trowing objects at me were simply, "an idea".

So the pearl clutching over this "Insurrection" is just totally overblown... Like everything in our society these days.

First, nurses hold a special place in my heart for many reasons I won't bore with.  Thank you and especially for volunteering!  I am extremely sorry you had to put up with the shit you describe.  There was no excuse for that.

Why does the coup attempt on January 6 and the ridiculous bullshit that happened in several big cities have to be a matter of only one is right and ok and the other is horrible?  No, BOTH were inexcusable and those responsible should be held accountable.  People can disagree after careful consideration of the facts, and indeed it is overall healthy that we disagree and debate things.  Preferably respectfully.  But what drives me crazy is both sides - far left and far right alike - inventing and promoting their OWN "facts."  Sorry, there is but one set of facts, the rest is politics and bullshit.  That said, the facts are:

The BLM (and this is about the leadership NOT the original movement) and antifa taking over sections of certain cities, destroying property, demanding police be eliminated should NEVER have been allowed to go on.  The peaceful protests - and many were, I was there for a couple - their right and had good points.  But the violent destructive stupidity should have resulted in arrests and trials.  The far left politicians that allowed it and/or encouraged it are pathetic and should be voted out and possibly prosecuted.

The attempted coup on January 6 was exactly that, it WAS violent and there are hours and hours of video from several locations around and in the capital.  Sorry, no way you can view those videos and listen to the testimony of the four law enforcement officers who were there and feared for their lives and say it was not violent.  It has not been overblown, if anything the opposite.  A sitting president tried (and is still trying) to overturn the results of a free and fair election and has no problem KNOWINGLY lying about a "stolen election" that enough people buy into and believe the bs that it is tearing the country apart - with an assist from the far lefties pulling it apart on the other side.  How does one over blow that?

So anyway, those are the facts to my very best efforts at objectivity.  As you may be able to tell I have no use what-so-ever for the far left OR the far right.  Frankly I am sick and tired of both.  All I am saying is can we all just drop the politics and just start by honestly agreeing to the facts?  We don't have to agree completely on what to do about the facts or what they mean.  But if we can't at least agree on the basic facts, we are doomed.  Wanna talk?

Again thank you. It takes a special person to be a nurse who volunteers.  Please don't ever let disrespectful assholes change your special.  But can we talk about those "facts"?

23 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

First, nurses hold a special place in my heart for many reasons I won't bore with.  Thank you and especially for volunteering!  I am extremely sorry you had to put up with the shit you describe.  There was no excuse for that.

Why does the coup attempt on January 6 and the ridiculous bullshit that happened in several big cities have to be a matter of only one is right and ok and the other is horrible?  No, BOTH were inexcusable and those responsible should be held accountable.  People can disagree after careful consideration of the facts, and indeed it is overall healthy that we disagree and debate things.  Preferably respectfully.  But what drives me crazy is both sides - far left and far right alike - inventing and promoting their OWN "facts."  Sorry, there is but one set of facts, the rest is politics and bullshit.  That said, the facts are:

The BLM (and this is about the leadership NOT the original movement) and antifa taking over sections of certain cities, destroying property, demanding police be eliminated should NEVER have been allowed to go on.  The peaceful protests - and many were, I was there for a couple - their right and had good points.  But the violent destructive stupidity should have resulted in arrests and trials.  The far left politicians that allowed it and/or encouraged it are pathetic and should be voted out and possibly prosecuted.

The attempted coup on January 6 was exactly that, it WAS violent and there are hours and hours of video from several locations around and in the capital.  Sorry, no way you can view those videos and listen to the testimony of the four law enforcement officers who were there and feared for their lives and say it was not violent.  It has not been overblown, if anything the opposite.  A sitting president tried (and is still trying) to overturn the results of a free and fair election and has no problem KNOWINGLY lying about a "stolen election" that enough people buy into and believe the bs that it is tearing the country apart - with an assist from the far lefties pulling it apart on the other side.  How does one over blow that?

So anyway, those are the facts to my very best efforts at objectivity.  As you may be able to tell I have no use what-so-ever for the far left OR the far right.  Frankly I am sick and tired of both.  All I am saying is can we all just drop the politics and just start by honestly agreeing to the facts?  We don't have to agree completely on what to do about the facts or what they mean.  But if we can't at least agree on the basic facts, we are doomed.  Wanna talk?

Again thank you. It takes a special person to be a nurse who volunteers.  Please don't ever let disrespectful assholes change your special.  But can we talk about those "facts"?

Well thanks, it's actually not a hard thing to learn and most everyone should learn EMT- basic skills just to have them handy in emergencies. 

Back to the topic. 

"Why does the coup attempt on January 6 and the ridiculous bullshit that happened in several big cities have to be a matter of only one is right and ok and the other is horrible?" 

Well for one, not everyone even agrees on how to define these events. The saying goes, "one man's terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter." I reject even calling Jan 6th a coup, about the same way most liberals reject the notion that the GF riots were anything but "peaceful protests"

This highlights a deeper problem in our country which is, in my opinion, that we are two (maybe more) nations occupying the same territory. The is no meshing, melting pot, or social cohesion anymore; this is due to many factors from the creation of social media, endless legislation, immigration and demographics, and the industrial complexes the modern worn has created. We have stretched this diversity agenda so far that we're all so different and diverse from each other that we all hate each other's guts. 

In your mind, you think a sitting president tried to steal an election, in my mind the election was stolen and it was the civic duty of the citizens that day to do everything in their power to stop election theft. There is no, and there never will be a compromise on our perspectives due to the reasons I've already stated. 

A man much wiser than both of us, by the name of Marcus Aurelius once said: "the universe is change,. life: opinion" meditations 4:3. I've marinaded this in my brain for some years and find it quite a profound statement. 

I just enjoy the life I was blessed with, it's not often you're alive during the fall of an empire. Many hundreds of years from now people will be looking back on this time (maybe not specifically Jan 6th or the city riots) like we now look back at the collapse of the bronze age or the fall of Rome. There is a very interesting book and lecture series called '1177AD: the collapse of civilization' by Eric Cline {George Washington university} that I find particularly enlighting and comparible to our current predicaments in the western world today. To sum up the book I'll just say this "everything was great, until it wasn't, then it was even worse". I think you would enjoy it regardless of our worldview differences. 

So all in all I don't get too worked up, as Plato illustrated to us, over two thousand years ago... We're all in the cave, and we aren't the puppet masters, we're the spectators.

25 minutes ago, TS Tara Rides said:

Well thanks, it's actually not a hard thing to learn and most everyone should learn EMT- basic skills just to have them handy in emergencies. well you said nurse, which is hard, both to learn and to do. For most folks anyway.

Back to the topic. 

"Why does the coup attempt on January 6 and the ridiculous bullshit that happened in several big cities have to be a matter of only one is right and ok and the other is horrible?" 

Well for one, not everyone even agrees on how to de Ifine these events. Yes, exactly why I say start with agreeing on the facts. The saying goes, "one man's terrorist, is another mans freedom fighter." I reject even calling Jan 6th a coup, about the same way most liberals reject the notion that the GF riots were anything but "peaceful protests" A rose by any other name ..... I do not care what we call it.  There is a reason for the day it occurred and numerous other things that clearly point to the desire to stop certifying electors, the final step to new president.  What would you call it when a large crowd gathers for the specific purpose of stopping the certification, turns violent, storms past through and over law enforcement officers, etc. ?  Then some hocus pocus way to contort the constitution and stay in power.  I dunno.  What do we call it?  All totally documented, call it what we may.

This highlights a deeper problem in our country which is, in my opinion, that we are two (maybe more) nations occupying the same territory. The is no meshing, melting pot, or social cohesion anymore; this is due to many factors from the creation of social media, endless legislation, immigration and demographics, and the industrial complexes the modern worn has created. We have stretched this diversity agenda so far that we're all so different and diverse from each other that we all hate each other's guts. world wide, instantaneous media with little to no accountability for the accuracy or lack thereof for the things they post and the creation of the infinite feedback loops the tech industry creates with bots/AI learning what we like to hear and then spoon feeding us more.

In your mind, you think a sitting president tried to steal an election,ton of t no evidence according to 60 judges. So here we are at facts Evidence versus bluster.in my mind the election was stolen and it was the civic duty of the citizens that day to do everything in their power to stop election theft. There is no, and there never will be a compromise on our perspectives due to the reasons I've already stated.  The truth is the truth and will eventually come out so clearly that ..... wait for it ..... the facts are not subject to opinion. :) Is that a compromise?

A man much wiser than both of us, by the name of Marcus Aurelius once said: "the universe is change,. life: opinion" meditations 4:3. I've marinaded this in my brain for some years and find it quite a profound statement. 

I just enjoy the life I was blessed with, it's not often you're alive during the fall of an empire. Many people have, they just did not know it and may not have lived long enough to see it. Many hundreds of years from now people will be looking back on this time (maybe not specifically Jan 6th or the city riots) like we now look back at the collapse of the bronze age or the fall of Rome. There is a very interesting book and lecture series called '1177AD: the collapse of civilization' by Eric Cline {George Washington university} that I find particularly enlighting and comparible to our current predicaments in the western world today. To sum up the book I'll just say this "everything was great, until it wasn't, then it was even worse". I think you would enjoy it regardless of our worldview differences. Thank you, i will find it.  Do not be too sure our worldview is all that different, just gotta work on those damn facts.

So all in all I don't get too worked up, as Plato illustrated to us, over two thousand years ago... We're all in the cave, and we aren't the puppet masters, we're the spectators.

43 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on how to quote and reply like you did to my comment, I have no idea how that works.

I'd also like to note that I am not a Trump fangirl, he was nothing but a disappointment and in all honesty a traitor to his supporters who he led to the capital then abandoned (he even had the friggin audacity to pardon little wayne rather than his supporters that were arrested). He's a joke, and I'm not attempting to defend him in anyway, let the wolves have him.

1. Honestly the heaviest lifters and the most unsung heroes if the medical industry are the physicians assistants... Those guys really need the accolades. But thank you anyways. 

2. How can we agree on facts of we can't even agree on the definition of our terms? "A rose by any other name" may be a smooth line to use on a woman from 1597, but in reality Shakespeare was a writer/poet and not a statesman, philosopher or scientist. Categorizing things is a base function for humans and the more refined the language we use, the more nuanced the conversation can be. We could sit here and chant political epithets at each other, but I prefer to be specific when talking about such controversial topics. 

3. Yes.

4. Elaborate what you mean here. Whichs judges and which cases, and why?

Not everything that's in the legal system is benevolent, I truly hope I do not have to explain that a mustard seeds worth of skepticism towards authority is crucial to the human (or at the very least, American) spirit. 

Anytime I take the government on its word, I am quickly reminded that they will lie, cheat, steal, manipulate and just straight out "end" people and not once blink or think twice... After all, the current government just droned a whole car full of kids two weeks ago and they basically said "whoops, my bad"

5. Again I will quote Marcus

"The universe is change. Life an opinion"

6. Absolutely haha

7. It's an entertaining, enlightening and exciting piece of work from Cline, I hope you enjoy it! 

You're correct, we're probably not radically different. While I celebrate differences, and often like to explore them in conversation, I think it's best that I bow out of this one before I get myself into more trouble than my curiosity is worth lol I rarely get on the forums for professional reasons but I just can't help it on occasion haha

See ya around 😘

October 15th and yet another Federal building in DC is stormed by the crowd.  Sending at least one Federal officer to the hospital.

It doesn't seem like the Biden supporters want to talk much about the great things that have happened in the last 9 months. Maybe its because there isn't any!!! Every direction you look there is a major crisis going on and it has been caused by Dementia Joe! It's obvious he isn't in charge. He dodges any questions and is still hiding just like in the campaign. Who is really running the country? I think it would scare the hell out of you if we really knew. I can't wait for the board expert to respond.

24 minutes ago, Newoldbull said:

It doesn't seem like the Biden supporters want to talk much about the great things that have happened in the last 9 months. Maybe its because there isn't any!!! Every direction you look there is a major crisis going on and it has been caused by Dementia Joe! It's obvious he isn't in charge. He dodges any questions and is still hiding just like in the campaign. Who is really running the country? I think it would scare the hell out of you if we really knew. I can't wait for the board expert to respond.

I can't wait for the board expert to respond either! Did you miss 2016 to 2020 every damn day there was a major crisis going on! And one man was responsible for thousands of the US citizens to die in his own country!!  That man was a misogynistic, racist,  homophobe , that hated everyone unless they were a white rich man.

I don't know if we are living on the same planet but have you noticed that there have been 2.5 million illegal aliens walk across our border in the last nine months without being tested for covid or anything else while they are putting vaccine mandates on Healthcare workers and other employees in our work force so they are quiting which is overreach by our federal government. The complete cluster fuck in Afghanistan that we haven't seen the results of that fuck up yet. We have set up another 9-11 on steroids. Gas prices that have doubled in 9 months. Help wanted signs everywhere because of the extended unemployment benefits because people can make more money sitting on there ass at home. There is a massive shortage in the supply chain. Stores are sitting with empty shelves because they can't get restocked. I could go on for another hour but if you don't realize we are in unprecedented times then you had better wake up. I forgot to mention our adversaries do not respect us since Sleepy joe is supposedly in charge. The world is laughing at us. 

51 minutes ago, Newoldbull said:

And you gotta be one or the other right - Biden boy or trumpie?  No you do not.  Biden sucks, but for reasons other than the orangies' favorite made up insult - say it often enough and it will become true to base.  Yawn.  Still a major upgrade over the one with no soul, no character, no loyalty, no shame who is still literally trying to destroy our form of government for power and so he can be like the one he looks up to - Putin.  Who was running the country under the Orange Travesty? Seems all his hand picked associates were constantly trying to talk him out of something stupid or just plain blocking it.  THAT was scary.  That a whole party worships that is really, really scary.

31 minutes ago, Caressa Duval said:

I can't wait for the board expert to respond either! Did you miss 2016 to 2020 every damn day there was a major crisis going on! And one man was responsible for thousands of the US citizens to die in his own country!!  That man was a misogynistic, racist,  homophobe , that hated everyone unless they were a white rich man.

I must disagree with one thing.  He has no use for rich white men either unless they are loyal ass kissing yes men.