Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marilyn Desire

Petition for Decriminalization

16 posts in this topic

The only chance that it would ever become legal is if they did here what they did in Vegas by having brothels

But the brothels are NOT in Vegas, or even Clarke County.  It’s an hour’s drive to the nearest brothel.

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

But the brothels are NOT in Vegas, or even Clarke County.  It’s an hour’s drive to the nearest brothel.

And most if not all have been closed for a year, covid and all.  Which is what happens when the government has control.  State law btw allows brothels ONLY in counties of under 700K population ..... no Vegas, no Reno.  Legalization with government regulation could be problematic.  Actual decriminalization amongst consenting adults is the only way to go.  Neither worthless party is about to come out in favor of that unless faced with overwhelming petition/poll numbers.  Neither one any longer understands just doing what is right.

12 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Actual decriminalization amongst consenting adults is the only way to go.  

Exactly! I am not saying it needs to be legal, but decriminalized. If they can decriminalize magic mushrooms in Denver and legalize weed in all of Colorado, why not this? Its consenting activities between two adults for goodness sake!

Way too risky for any politician to introduce the required legislation, even just to de-criminalize. . The issue turns otherwise sane people into self-righteous, fire-breathing nut jobs. Much too hot to handle for any congressperson/senator who plans to be re-elected, or who wants to end his/her political career without this controversy as his/her legacy. 

Seems like a natural to be sponsored by Representative Gaetz with full Orange Party support!  Retro of course!!

41 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

Way too risky for any politician to introduce the required legislation, even just to de-criminalize. . The issue turns otherwise sane people into self-righteous, fire-breathing nut jobs. Much too hot to handle for any congressperson/senator who plans to be re-elected, or who wants to end his/her political career without this controversy as his/her legacy. 

This comes up almost every year as a political talking point, and every year it fades away into the background. I want decriminalization as much as the next guy/gal, but I doubt it'll ever happen, at least not in the way providers and clients want. If the government is willing to go through the effort of no longer making prostitution illegal, they're probably going to want to just legalize it and wrap it in red tape and taxes so they can profit off of it too, likely introducing a new sin tax, requiring permits, enacting zoning restrictions (not allowed in residential zones, within 5 miles of a school, within city limits, etc), and so on. But that's only if they can get it by the morality police first. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

I really feel we are drawing nearer to 1984 and we need to be prepared for much less freedom not more.  I am sorry and I know that is pessimistic but the government, aided by social media and the moral minority will probably wind up with more power to dictate what you may and may not do with your own body. 

911 = Take some freedoms and have a more intrusive government.   Covid = Take some freedoms and have a more intrusive government.  War or civil unrest = ?  

What is next next state emergency how many more freedoms will disappear?  

I don't know what it will take to ever turn the tides. Reagan won a lot of support when he preached for a smaller government.  Perhaps a movement will come along that will gain support on a platform of small government and individual freedom and freedom from intrusion by church and state.  (like about 250 years ago).  Who thinks the Right and Left in power will support this?   Anyone?  Anyone?

2 hours ago, jus12pla said:

Perhaps a movement will come along that will gain support on a platform of small government and individual freedom and freedom from intrusion by church and state.  (like about 250 years ago).  Who thinks the Right and Left in power will support this?   

Both right and left currently only care about maintaining power and control - theirs.  One is even fine with willfully inventing huge lies and condoning/sponsoring violent insurrections.  The left just did not think of it first - a few street riots - amateurs!!.  Fuck them both.  Unless we wake up, take back control and form a new party consisting of the majority of us that live at or close to the middle and truly wish to make sensible improvements we will continue to get the horrendous crap we have somehow gotten comfortable with.  Our enemies laugh.

btw, Reagan promised a lot then proceeded to set record deficits (made to seem small now by Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden!), sold weapons to Iran and Iraq, used the proceeds to fund a specifically illegal war, etc etc.  And excused it all with "I don't recall" "I don't remember that." He actually DID have dementia!!  He essentially set the standard and pattern for the recent and current crap.

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Both right and left currently only care about maintaining power and control - theirs. 

This is undeniably true.

I was too young to care about politics when Reagan was president, so I can't speak to any of his policies, but to his credit this quote is dead on: 

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. "

On 5/16/2021 at 0:31 PM, gr8owl said:

btw, Reagan promised a lot then proceeded to set record deficits (made to seem small now by Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden!), sold weapons to Iran and Iraq, used the proceeds to fund a specifically illegal war, etc etc.  And excused it all with "I don't recall" "I don't remember that." He actually DID have dementia!!  He essentially set the standard and pattern for the recent and current crap.

Wasn't promoting Reagan or any party.  The quagmire gets worse each year now.   It was just encouraging to see people stand behind the concept of a smaller government.

As much as those that frequent this board would love for that to happen, IT NEVER WILL.

Fosta-Sesta has proved that both the Left and the Right are allies on this particular topic.

Because it is something that both of them can go bragging to their power base on how good upstanding and moral individuals they are.

Decriminalizing this hobby is So very long overdue!!