Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkey600

Settling In

84 posts in this topic

OK, I for one am partially comfortable with the lifting of all the rules about the situation going on here..Not freaking out too much... We've had workers in our house doing a kitchen remodel and the like. Went to the dentist for a cleaning and got my hair cut yesterday. My wife and I both take things going on seriously, we both wear masks (sucks) when we are in a store or are out in public, but not outside. We both figure if it might keep someone's family a little bit safer no worries. My question to the board is who agrees and who disagrees?

As stated before,due to my poor immune system...its gong to be a long break. Have no problem wearing a mask when i can get a ride to the store and on the rare times company comes over.That said,can easily understand the frustrations so many are having .

On 6/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, sparkey600 said:

OK, I for one am partially comfortable with the lifting of all the rules about the situation going on here..Not freaking out too much... We've had workers in our house doing a kitchen remodel and the like. Went to the dentist for a cleaning and got my hair cut yesterday. My wife and I both take things going on seriously, we both wear masks (sucks) when we are in a store or are out in public, but not outside. We both figure if it might keep someone's family a little bit safer no worries. My question to the board is who agrees and who disagrees?

I’m sure most people are frustrated with the whole situation, they have no idea what’s going because every death is from COVID! It makes people feel safer if you wear a mask even if you don’t want to, atleast I. Public, who knows maybe with all these riots going on and it doesn’t blow up a big spike they will be happier to open up more stuff, 

Masks are a part of the future from now on.

I think all merchants should take customers temperature and not allow people in their businesses without masks.

Simply put!

Unfortunately, until enough people have been exposed, and we develop a herd immunity, anyone can catch covid-19.

The masks, and other protective measures are just slowing the rate of infection. 

Luckily, most people will not develop serious symptoms. However, some will die.

I'm not worried about myself. If it's my time, I'll accept that. However, I'll wear protective gear, so I don't pass anything on, should I be infected and asymptomatic.

21 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Unfortunately, until enough people have been exposed, and we develop a herd immunity, anyone can catch covid-19.

The masks, and other protective measures are just slowing the rate of infection. 

I'm not worried about myself. If it's my time, I'll accept that. However, I'll wear protective gear, so I don't pass anything on, should I be infected and asymptomatic.

^ This ^ is worth repeating!! 

All deaths covid - pure bullshit

Agenda - which is precisely what pray tell?

No one knows what is going on - only those that rely on Hannity and Orange Plague to tell them what is going on are confused. 

And yes, pointless to say because those that need to hear won't.  Just cant let pure bs go unchallenged any more.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

All deaths covid - pure bullshit

Agenda - which is precisely what pray tell?

No one knows what is going on - only those that rely on Hannity and Orange Plague to tell them what is going on are confused. 

And yes, pointless to say because those that need to hear won't.  Just cant let pure bs go unchallenged any more.

I won’t say that all deaths are reported as Covid, but viral deaths have been over reported.  This is why CO made a major adjustment in their numbers. Downward!  Why? Money, of course.  Hospitals had a financial incentive to attribute death to Covid where possible because of larger payments for treatment.

Another factor to consider is that w/o complete testing, thus finding asymptomatic cases, the contagion and death rates are overblown.

Edited by Bit Banger

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

I won’t say that all deaths are reported as Covid, but viral deaths have been over reported.  This is why CO made a major adjustment in their numbers. Downward!  Why? Money, of course.  Hospitals had a financial incentive to attribute death to Covid where possible because of larger payments for treatment.

Another factor to consider is that w/o complete testing, thus finding asymptomatic cases, the contagion and death rates are overblown.

Documentation?  Links to RELIABLE sources? A statistical analysis of total deaths vs historic averages reveals that if anything covid deaths are significantly under reported. The calculated death rate indeed is lower because of the pathetic rate of testing. However that simply also means that the degree of how contagious is being grossly under reported. The simple truth is 105,000 deaths climbing by 1000 or so per day. And the numbers would be greatly higher without the containment efforts. And yes, regardless of all that we simply have to open back up. In the when should we tgread couple months back i said we had to by june, zero complaints here. All options sucked, but that is life sometines. But hoax, over blown, agenda and similar total bullshit disinformation narratives are getting very tiresome.

8 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I said reliable - newsmax - hahaha

Splitting hairs. Had covid but died from something else. Did covid complicate it? The state rightly changed over to essentially using the cause from official death certificate. But that introduces a lag of at least a couple weeks to a month because official death certificates take time as anyone unfortunate enough to be named an executor knows well. Net effect - the numbers are now being under reported pending the time delay.

Personally I don't wear a mask. If asked to,  I will be polite and do so. Just like my seatbelt. I drive some pretty robust vehicles, stay at the speed limit and drive according to the weather conditions. No problems with not wearing one.

Now we have had all these  highly paid doctors/scientists through time show they have no idea what they are doing. They took an educated guess because none of them have been in this position before. Their computer model predicted the sky was falling and everyone listened. Now the economy took a BIG hit. Yes people died but a lot of them were on that path to an early grave.  Our society is run by people with no common sense. For example I was talking to a nurse. Her hospital made a policy that if any worker traveled to a hot spot, they would have to self quarantine for 2 weeks. Even if they drove through  non-stop on the interstate at 65mph with the windows up. Yet they could eat lunch 6feet away in the cafeteria.  from nurses who work in the Covid wing. Yet they don't have to self quarantine because of that.

Hey growl if your so worries about dying you have the option to stay inside, 

11 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Documentation?  Links to RELIABLE sources? A statistical analysis of total deaths vs historic averages reveals that if anything covid deaths are significantly under reported. The calculated death rate indeed is lower because of the pathetic rate of testing. However that simply also means that the degree of how contagious is being grossly under reported. The simple truth is 105,000 deaths climbing by 1000 or so per day. And the numbers would be greatly higher without the containment efforts. And yes, regardless of all that we simply have to open back up. In the when should we tgread couple months back i said we had to by june, zero complaints here. All options sucked, but that is life sometines. But hoax, over blown, agenda and similar total bullshit disinformation narratives are getting very tiresome.

VOX---> "Now, with death certificates and antibody-survey data coming in, we’re slowly getting a better picture of Covid-19 mortality. As we explain in the above video, that picture is of a disease that’s killing more people than we knew, but a lower percentage of those infected. Most places are looking at a higher death count and lower death rate than previously reported.

But the biggest challenge in assessing a tragedy like this is that we’re still inside it — and nobody can predict how many lives will be lost before it ends."

6 hours ago, gr8owl said:

No one knows what is going on - only those that rely on Hannity and Orange Plague to tell them what is going on are confused

Chuckle..obviously you didn't hear that even Meet The Press got busted with fake news. (As has CNN and MSNBC )

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/nbc-news-apologizes-inaccurately-quoting-william-barr-70624292

6 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Chuckle..obviously you didn't hear that even Meet The Press got busted with fake news. (As has CNN and MSNBC )

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/nbc-news-apologizes-inaccurately-quoting-william-barr-70624292

2 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

I'm glad you guys are here to post conspiracy theories. It keeps me believing in my own reasonable-ness, rather than gullibility. :)

3 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I'm glad you guys are here to post conspiracy theories. It keeps me believing in my own reasonable-ness, rather than gullibility. :)

Didn't post a conspiracy theory.Just posted That even Meet The Press can pass on fake news.Its why I watch C-span..most accurate news to be found.

24 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Your smug "chuckle, obviously ...."  routine is getting worn out isn't it ?

First off, I mentioned two individuals and you reflexively jump to defend your favorite network by immediately invoking the ole Hillary gambit "yeah, but Hillary ....." In this application "yeah, but MSNBC blah blah".  I actually have no quarrel with most of Fox news reporting.  It is the Monty Python like Fox and Friends and all the flat earth pundits that are amazing at misleading and dividing.  That said, again I mentioned two people only.

Yes, of course every media outlet online on air or in print has published the occasional incorrect story.  Some down right willfully fraudulent on the part of poorly supervised reporters, editors with an ax to grind, whatever.  But generally we are speaking of the occasional, not the daily barrage of those mentioned above.

2 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Stevie, if you are going to attempt an official talking point put down response at least pick one that remotely relates to what you are responding to.  Thanks.  Never said I was afraid of anything but thank you for giving me permission to think for myself (and not stay in just take reasonable precautions).  I will of course continue to do so with or without anyone's permission.   :)

4 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Its why I watch C-span..most accurate news to be found.

Thanks for the C-span reminder, otherwise I would of missed out seeing that Lindsey dyed his hair to look like Trump.

7F0BAE07-4FE3-4D77-80C4-403EF77FB834.jpeg

12 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Your smug "chuckle, obviously ...."  routine is getting worn out isn't i

Yes, of course every media outlet online on air or in print has published the occasional incorrect story.  Some down right willfully fraudulent on the part of poorly supervised reporters, editors with an ax to grind, whatever.  But generally we are speaking of the occasional, not the daily barrage of those mentioned above.

Chuckle..nothing smug about it. I was genuinely surprised that Meet The Press,which has been around for decades,was busted .   CNN,MSNBC,FOX,Rolling Stone magazine and especially Omar Rivero,have been bending the news to their agendas for quite some time. Proved that CNN and MSNBC have been doing tape delay on "live" press conferences.we watched one live together on C-Span while recording the same on MSNBC. he was amazed o see the differences.Than we switched to CNN and were amused on how badly they "quoted" the same news conference.

Instead of your being so smug,how about you trying the same thing..watch one while recording another channel. You just may be as surprised as my friend was.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

Chuckle..nothing smug about it. I was genuinely surprised that Meet The Press,which has been around for decades,was busted .   CNN,MSNBC,FOX,Rolling Stone magazine and especially Omar Rivero,have been bending the news to their agendas for quite some time. Proved that CNN and MSNBC have been doing tape delay on "live" press conferences.we watched one live together on C-Span while recording the same on MSNBC. he was amazed o see the differences.Than we switched to CNN and were amused on how badly they "quoted" the same news conference.

Instead of your being so smug,how about you trying the same thing..watch one while recording another channel. You just may be as surprised as my friend was.

Tape delays on live shows.  Gasp.  Say it isn't so!  That is life in the Mountain time zone.  Unfortunately, bending the news to the editor's agenda is a time honored and proven journalistic principle.  But the willful, constant, total misrepresentation of facts started with Rush and has blossomed into the beautiful flower we now see in Fox and Friends and the white house. But tape delays are bad.  Yep, gonna be a long election season.

15 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Thank you, Kaduk.  Interesting video. 

Indeed, thank you Kaduk!

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Tape delays on live shows.  Gasp.  Say it isn't so!  That is life in the Mountain time zone.  

I thought it was quite funny, that JR didn't realize, that virtually every media outlet has a delay in "live" coverage. It's in place to avoid swearing, outing children and witnesses, and malicious lies. Been happening a loooong time. :)

On 6/5/2020 at 6:33 AM, pfunk said:

Agreed. I personally know over a dozen people who have died of this shit. So if I  can keep a few other souls safe by wearing a silly mask. I'm on board with this.

I for one am more worried about keeping people safe from me If I happen to have this and am asymptomatic. 

We’ve had one older couple here at the ranch come down with it.  She was in the hospital overnight; he spent a week.  We suspect they got it while she had knee surgery. They’re still in a 2wk quarantine.

If you leave the park overnight, you get a 2wk quarantine - no use of park facilities or pools.  Everybody masks when interacting with others.

Outside the park, most facilities require a mask for entry.  Everyplace has 6’ marks on the floor for queues.  A favorite restaurant is open at 25% capacity.  Please wear a mask going to & from your table. Staff have masks, face shields, and gloves.

On 6/7/2020 at 0:12 AM, sparkey600 said:

Agreed. I personally know over a dozen people who have died of this shit. So if I  can keep a few other souls safe by wearing a silly mask. I'm on board with this.

I for one am more worried about keeping people safe from me If I happen to have this and am asymptomatic.

On 6/7/2020 at 1:20 AM, Bit Banger said:

If you leave the park overnight, you get a 2wk quarantine - no use of park facilities or pools.  Everybody masks when interacting with others.

Outside the park, most facilities require a mask for entry.  Everyplace has 6’ marks on the floor for queues.  A favorite restaurant is open at 25% capacity.  Please wear a mask going to & from your table. Staff have masks, face shields, and gloves.

From this ---> are-americans-wearing-face-masks/ There are of course regional differences, which are presumably the product of different state policies toward the COVID-19 pandemic.

PRemise_IHME.png

Some States are more in-tuned to wearing a Mask, Colorado sets at 80% and greater.

Colorado---> https://covidactnow.org/us/co?s=42244

"Colorado is at risk of an outbreak. COVID cases are either increasing at a rate likely to overwhelm hospitals and/or the state’s COVID preparedness is well below international standards."

• Infection rate 0.92 COVID is still spreading, but slowly
  • Positive test rate 6.6% Indicates adequate testing
  • ICU headroom used 16% Can likely handle a new wave of COVID
  • Contacts traced 18% Too many cases and too little tracing
    • "Per best available data, Colorado has 300 contact tracers. With an average of 328 new daily cases, we estimate Colorado needs 1,640 contact tracing staff to trace all new cases in 48 hours, before too many other people are infected. This means that Colorado is likely able to trace only 18% of new COVID infections in 48 hours. These low levels of tracing suggest there may be an active outbreak underway in Colorado, or that little tracing capacity exists. Strong caution warranted."

On 6/5/2020 at 1:11 PM, gr8owl said:

Actually  the numbers were being OVER reported because they was (and it was even on 9 news not to long ago stating it) including any and all people who tested positive for covid as a covid death. Even if the persons death had nothing to do with the virus... things like you had a heart attack- covid, you had a stroke- covid. If you had covid in your system at the time of death they just automatically included you in the stats for a covid death, whether THAT was the specific cause or not, it all got lumped into 1 category...

Now what I WOULD say is more then likely (undoubtedly in my personal opinion) is that what IS greatly under reported is just how many people DO have it and have no clue. And i would bet that if we tested every single person right now to see what the real numbers look like, they would show that the death toll do to covid itself is a lot lower then a lot of people think. That is why I heard they are strongly encouraging  everyone go get tested whether you show symptoms  or not so they CAN get those numbers and see if that is actually true or not. If you take for example in I believe Korea (don't know which one) they started testing everyone and found that 1 in 3 people that had it never had a clue... no if you take just the number of people that have been confirmed to have the virus and scale those numbers up to match 1/3 of the population the number of cases would sky rocket up, the percentage  of people hospitalized  from it would go down and the death toll percentage would drop to a very select few in comparison to the true number of infected

Edited by Strange_Ice