Jenna_James

Concerned...

42 posts in this topic

So I debated on if I wanted to travel back to the area when its so cold.

I do not much like driving in the snow let alone taking flights with possible snow storms (being at risk for cancellations)

I looked at a 14 day weather report a few days said "freezing".

I guess being from Northern California i am so use to the sunny days (:

my last trip to town was AMAZING ! I heard Colorado is coldest jan? feb? I could be wrong. 

So instead of Confusing myself even more....

HOW'S THE WEATHER LOOKIN ? (:

Colorado is the 2nd sunniest state next to Florida. We have like 300 days of sunshine a year or something crazy like that. Flights rarely get canceled due to snow. That usually only happens during a major blizzard. It was 61 degrees the other day. It does get chilly, but I'm sure you can find a few fellows to keep you warm.;)

Snow is most likely in the spring actually (March/April) and cold temps are worst in November/December. January often has high pressure and nice weather but you never know. I think your chances of flight cancellation are very low.

2 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Colorado is the 2nd sunniest state next to Florida. We have like 300 days of sunshine a year or something crazy like that. Flights rarely get canceled due to snow. That usually only happens during a major blizzard. It was 61 degrees the other day. It does get chilly, but I'm sure you can find a few fellows to keep you warm.;)

show's you how much I know lol okay great ! 

thank you for the helpful information...I guess the snow is what does it lol 

sunny but cold. haha

(:

4 hours ago, Jenna_James said:

So I debated on if I wanted to travel back to the area when its so cold.

I do not much like driving in the snow let alone taking flights with possible snow storms (being at risk for cancellations)

I looked at a 14 day weather report a few days said "freezing".

I guess being from Northern California i am so use to the sunny days (:

my last trip to town was AMAZING ! I heard Colorado is coldest jan? feb? I could be wrong. 

So instead of Confusing myself even more....

HOW'S THE WEATHER LOOKIN ? (:

You’ve been here enough and should know our weather is either sunny or snowy. ☀️ ❄️ 

Have fun and stay safe.

Don't let the weather keep you away from Denver and TOB!  Sure it may snow some in the city, but it rarely last, and has already been mentioned the sun comes out.  Take care, and enjoy.

I've been to Northern Cali to see family over xmas. I'll tell you 45 degrees there is like 60 here. I was way colder there than here. The humidity makes no Cali colder than Colorado.  Besides even when it snows here it is usually sunny and melted within a day or two.

Come visit, have fun.

13 hours ago, glassonion said:

Snow is most likely in the spring actually (March/April) and cold temps are worst in November/December. January often has high pressure and nice weather but you never know. I think your chances of flight cancellation are very low.

sweet !! thanks for putting me at ease (:

11 hours ago, Laci French said:

You’ve been here enough and should know our weather is either sunny or snowy. ☀️ ❄️ 

Have fun and stay safe.

never really go this time of year......I was trying to  hold off till actually after February...

I haven't visited that much to KNOW EXACTLY what the weather is like lol

I've checked out the weather report a week before and showed up and its NOTHING like the report. lol

packed for cold weather the last visit and there was not much use for the clothing I packed...lol since it was sunny and warm.

shoot, sometimes Californias weather is unpredictable and I have lived here for years.

I was just asking the ppl that are currently there to help give me a better understanding (:

thank you I appreciate it, you too!

11 hours ago, JDMurray said:

Don't let the weather keep you away from Denver and TOB!  Sure it may snow some in the city, but it rarely last, and has already been mentioned the sun comes out.  Take care, and enjoy.

thank you ! (:

10 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

I've been to Northern Cali to see family over xmas. I'll tell you 45 degrees there is like 60 here. I was way colder there than here. The humidity makes no Cali colder than Colorado.  Besides even when it snows here it is usually sunny and melted within a day or two.

Come visit, have fun.

Really :o

no way ! I live in Sacramento....we are kind of the "central valley" and it gets HOT.

but yeah Tahoe area I can see that lol

maybe the high altitude is what gets me when I visit CO

11 hours ago, Jenna_James said:

Really :o

no way ! I live in Sacramento....we are kind of the "central valley" and it gets HOT.

but yeah Tahoe area I can see that lol

maybe the high altitude is what gets me when I visit CO

I have in laws in Sacramento area too, yes that is hot and desert like. We were in Santa Rosa about 90 min north of San Fran and spent time on the coast. Winter time there is super humid, rainy and I swear feels colder there than here.

11 hours ago, Jenna_James said:

I've checked out the weather report a week before and showed up and its NOTHING like the report. lol

Welcome to Colorado where the weather forecast is about 10% accurate until about 10 minutes ahead of time

5 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

I have in laws in Sacramento area too, yes that is hot and desert like. We were in Santa Rosa about 90 min north of San Fran and spent time on the coast. Winter time there is super humid, rainy and I swear feels colder there than here.

I wish I felt the same as you I’m freezing! (From Oregon) I think I agree it must be the elevation🏔I think you’re good for now miss😋from what I’ve heard the real snow hasn’t even started yet ;) maybe I’ll just have to take a vacation during that time somewhere warm lol

14 minutes ago, Leena_rose said:

I wish I felt the same as you I’m freezing! (From Oregon) I think I agree it must be the elevation🏔I think you’re good for now miss😋from what I’ve heard the real snow hasn’t even started yet ;) maybe I’ll just have to take a vacation during that time somewhere warm lol

Guess all.about what your used to. I grew up in South Florida but been here over 20 years now so am pretty used to it. Except the water, my Florida blood still can't go in Colorado water, too dang cold

Being from northern California, you should know that 50 degrees F in San Francisco can feel colder than 20 degrees F in Colorado, due to the never-ending fog and mist, so why not put more Colorado visits on your schedule :D

13 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Really?! so weird...I am always colder in colorado.. the Bay Area has that cool breeze.

idk maybe in my mind when I see snow I just get cold lol (:

I will try ! 

Welcome to Colorado where the weather forecast is about 10% accurate until about 10 minutes ahead of time

lol ! I seee, which is why I decided to ask hahaha

13 hours ago, Leena_rose said:

I TOTALLY AGREE ! 

I get cold in colorado, more than California (unless im near the coast)

but I think the elevation does it too !

I get nervous about the "real snow" since I am not much around snow lol

Guess all.about what your used to. I grew up in South Florida but been here over 20 years now so am pretty used to it. Except the water, my Florida blood still can't go in Colorado water, too dang cold

yeah, thats where you vacation in the winter time.

FLORIDA ! LOL 

I love it there when the random mini hurricanes lol....

and im slightly scared of lizards....AND THEY ARE EVERYWHERE lol

Wouldn't worry about the snow. It's the prerie dog ya gotta watch out for. These guys come at ya by the hundreds. Before ya know it, they drag ya to there den and all people see is your head sticking out of the ground and then they take turns sticking bugs up your nose. It a horrible sight. Trust me!B) You'll stand a better chance against the lizards. Go to Florida.

1 hour ago, Jenna_James said:

FLORIDA ! LOL 

Ah, but they're kind of cool, you can pull their tail off and they grow back. Lizards I can deal with,  it's the cockroaches that I can't stand.

23 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Ah, but they're kind of cool, you can pull their tail off and they grow back. Lizards I can deal with,  it's the cockroaches that I can't stand.

That’s why I give the lizards free rein.  They help keep the palmetto bug population down. 

Edited by Bit Banger

2 hours ago, Jenna_James said:

FLORIDA ! LOL 

of course, you are well aware that the weather is much nicer down here in Colorado Springs then it is up there in Denver this time of year.:D

45 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Like this one.

10 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Like this one.

Sorry I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. 

Growing up down there, when we went downstairs at night, we'd make loud noises and turn on the lights and they would scurry. Still gives me nightmares.

1 minute ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Sorry I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. 

Growing up down there, when we went downstairs at night, we'd make loud noises and turn on the lights and they would scurry. Still gives me nightmares.

Hell, in Georgia thay can fly.:D

6 hours ago, Jenna_James said:

I TOTALLY AGREE ! 

I get cold in colorado, more than California (unless im near the coast)

but I think the elevation does it too !

I get nervous about the "real snow" since I am not much around snow lol

If you think Colorado is to cold go spend a week in North Dakota then come to Colorado.

21 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

yuck, but true ! I HATE COCKROACHES