Calik8

Moves your soul.

641 posts in this topic

We need more tunes I would say.  How about a guy that many have heard but didn't know it, who has played in the L A Express and the Yellowjackets and collaborated with Miles Davis. George Harrison, Joni Mitchel, Little Feat, Kiss , Ana Popovic and a few I am forgetting.  Excellent guitar player and writer, Robben Ford.  Hope someone likes besides me. :)

25 years ago today:

On 5/20/2023 at 7:11 PM, parkercole said:

I love her! Twice is a forever song for me. 

On 7/7/2023 at 7:30 PM, Rick_A said:

25 years ago today:

Holy shit 25!!!! Where does time go? These guys take me back to a time and place in my life. Very lively band. Their vibe to me was similar to They Might Be Giants. 

A little slow and orderly tonight, what to do, what to play.  How about a little Pandemonium, Nita style.  If only she put a little more energy into it. Josh on drums - what's to say?

6 hours ago, parkercole said:

Holy shit 25!!!! Where does time go? These guys take me back to a time and place in my life. Very lively band. Their vibe to me was similar to They Might Be Giants. 

25 years?  Well then how about 40 hehe  How many parties in '83/84 was this album the sound track for?

Edited by gr8owl
longer than thought

On 12/1/2018 at 9:09 AM, average1 said:

Gotta say, that the folks in our community sure have some fine tastes in music.  If I had 50 rep points a day to give out, this thread would use most of them.  For a lot of people, music touches us in wonderful ways, deeply and fully.  Thanks for this thread.

I love your spirit most of all @average1

watch her eyes! Such passion  that came out of this era! Pete Seeger wrote so many classics. You ask Kali what kind of music she likes she’ll say folk, healing sounds, nature, and some progressive stuff. This song is especially special to me. 

@kali

Wonderful! I’m a child of the folk era.  I started playing guitar to Kingston Trio, Dylan, Guthrie (both).  The Weavers, Burl Ives, etc were heroes.  Subscribed to Sing Out! for many years. Later I found folk blues.  Life is good!

Yes, I’m currently a student of classical guitar, but when I kick back, the folk tunes come out.

Some day we hope to hear you play @Bit Banger and @average1!  Love those bands too! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

@kali

Wonderful! I’m a child of the folk era.  I started playing guitar to Kingston Trio, Dylan, Guthrie (both).  The Weavers, Burl Ives, etc were heroes.  Subscribed to Sing Out! for many years. Later I found folk blues.  Life is good!

Yes, I’m currently a student of classical guitar, but when I kick back, the folk tunes come out.

Long time fan of Arlo, so ........

While in that sort of mood, how about

But can't let the day slip by without noting it was three years ago today we lost the one the only Peter Green  One of the best guitarists ever, a unique talent and a tragic figure as well . RIP 

11 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Some day we hope to hear you play @Bit Banger and @average1!  Love those bands too! 

Did you miss that chance several years ago at a garden party? 😱

I occasionally play at open mic/karaoke here in The RGV, but you have to be naked to attend 😁

9 hours ago, gr8owl said:

But can't let the day slip by without noting it was three years ago today we lost the one the only Peter Green  One of the best guitarists ever, a unique talent and a tragic figure as well . RIP 

Very talented and you are right, some tragedy as well.  Some folks don't even know he was a founding member of Fleetwood Mac and wrote "Black Magic Woman" made famous by Santana.

Love Danielle Nicole Band, especially live.  This is an older version of one of her songs.

12 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Did you miss that chance several years ago at a garden party? 😱

I occasionally play at open mic/karaoke here in The RGV, but you have to be naked to attend 😁

send me the video! 👀 at least the audio! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

Are there any Sue Foley fans in these parts?  Besides me.  Couple samples

Anyone else familiar with and like Angelina Jordan?  Her voice is amazing, and at times it seems ........ like Amy is back.  Here are a couple for consideration. Hope you enjoy.

How about another tragic tale of rock and roll - Felix Pappalardi.  Produced one of the all time greatest rock albums (Disraeli Gears, Cream) member of Cream and really good musician.  Perhaps when ones wife knows about the girlfriend one should no hand her a loaded gun - teaching how to use or otherwise.  Anyway.  If you click on the youtube logo and go there a very nice description of his career will be found.  Good tune regardless. :)

Or maybe a little John Illsley while we are on a bass player vein.  If you don't recognize name - founding member of Dire Straits.

9 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

How about another tragic tale of rock and roll - Felix Pappalardi.  Produced one of the all time greatest rock albums (Disraeli Gears, Cream) member of Cream and really good musician.  Perhaps when ones wife knows about the girlfriend one should no hand her a loaded gun - teaching how to use or otherwise.  Anyway.  If you click on the youtube logo and go there a very nice description of his career will be found.  Good tune regardless. :)

Sorry.  Brain fart, too late to edit.  Member of Mountain hehe.

12 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Sorry.  Brain fart, too late to edit.  Member of Mountain hehe.

Mountain was a great group.  Leslie West's guitar had a tone all its own.  Corky Laing and Steve Wright are the only remaining original members.

No reason, just because and Saturday night.

Anyone like Sershen and Zaritskaya, now known as NOAPOLOGY?  I am not usually that into cover bands but make exception talent like this.  Sergey Sershen is an excellent guitar player and Daria Zaritskaya - wow, her voice and her presence.  They were just getting to original tunes when the shit in Ukraine started - they are from Kiev.  Hopefully that gets resolved soon and when it does I hope they commence again making music.  Anyway, a couple classics well done.

I have to make this perfectly clear; WSP is my favorite band of all time and the lyrics to this song are so beautiful that I'm thinking of getting them tattooed somewhere. Phish is fun like going to the circus, but when I go to a Panic show, that's my church. JB's voice is everything perfect in this world.