Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkey600

Travel, hobby or stupid shit

18 posts in this topic

I'm wondering, how many people on here take advantage of a nice 3 day weekend traveling, participating in the hobby, relaxing, drinking beer.... or doing stupid shit (like me) like yard work, work on the new bathroom, etc. Am I the only idiot?

Thanks in advance.

I actually do make a point of taking one or two long weekends a year in the mountains or Vegas with a lovely young companion. Then I spend the other 50 working around the house, etc. you just have to make up your kind to plan it and do it (okay yeah it takes $ too). Remember, the damn house and yard will always be there and won't give you any lasting memories but a weekend away will give you something to happily reminisce about when raking the leaves. 

It is Memorial Day.

I spend my time, remembering the men and women in my life that served in the military. I spend my time, being grateful they came home alive.

I spend my time, hoping for peace. 

Edited by Kashmir

My daddy served, he passed in 2008, ma in 2015. I'll be out to Ft. Logan National today saying hi. I'll be working again today and tomorrow. You're blessed to have a new bathroom to work on. Nope not an idiot.

Sure this long weekend has become the gateway for summer but we shouldn't lose sight of its original purpose.

Thanks and honor to all that have and will serve, defend and sacrifice. 

Thank you warriors. 

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Am I the only idiot?

In my case, just one day of fun, so just half idiot here :D

You all forgot about the Bolder Boulder lol ;-)

Still trying to decide if I want to run in it or not. 

My Question... If you run in Boulder every day, is the Bolder Boulder still fun to run lol?

Count me in as another idiot. I use most long weekends to get things done around the house. No time for fun just work.

14 hours ago, Doug28 said:

Sure this long weekend has become the gateway for summer but we shouldn't lose sight of its original purpose.

Thanks and honor to all that have and will serve, defend and sacrifice. 

Thank you warriors. 

Of course. thanks to all who have given for the rest of us to complain about mundane things.

Utmost respect here.

49 minutes ago, mj76 said:

Count me in as another idiot. I use most long weekends to get things done around the house. No time for fun just work.

From one idiot to another, thanks for keeping your yard so nice!:cool:

14 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

My daddy served, he passed in 2008, ma in 2015. I'll be out to Ft. Logan National today saying hi. I'll be working again today and tomorrow. You're blessed to have a new bathroom to work on. Nope not an idiot.

My dad passed in 2012. 30 years in LE in a crummy little town in Nebraska.

I have the utmost respect for all who have served so we might enjoy. 

Nope, not an idiot by any means.

There's a saying among veterans:

"All gave some. Some gave all!"

I raise my glass to absent comrades. 

Edited by Bit Banger

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:47 PM, sparkey600 said:

From one idiot to another, thanks for keeping your yard so nice!:cool:

Count me in as an idiot also. Yard work, work on my house.... that's seems to be my life since I regained my house. Seems my x mr. jez had become quite a hoarder. He passed away, we still owned this house together, and now I am cleaning up the mess he left behind. Anyone looking for some rebar.... leaf springs to a old truck?  .... slag bolts? It 's all here... But I actually got a lot done on this 3 day weekend. Hope ya'all did too.   

I'm a member of the idiot legion. Worked on my yard and cleaned out the garage this weekend. I did manage to attend a couple of graduation parties also.

Hung around the house most of the weekend. Memorial Day service at the community center. 

But Sunday (least traffic day) I took the motor scooter up Clear Creek to Idaho Springs for some pizza, Squaw Pass & down Bear Creek through Morrison to home. Even managed to stay dry 😏

All work & no play makes Bit dull & cranky. 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:39 AM, sparkey600 said:

I'm wondering, how many people on here take advantage of a nice 3 day weekend

I've never had a job where someone else was in charge of when I worked.  Conceptually, I understand TGIF, but have no personal experience of that.  I work when I want, don't when I don't. 

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Hung around the house most of the weekend. Memorial Day service at the community center. 

But Sunday (least traffic day) I took the motor scooter up Clear Creek to Idaho Springs for some pizza, Squaw Pass & down Bear Creek through Morrison to home. Even managed to stay dry 😏

All work & no play makes Bit dull & cranky. 

Keeping dry on the scooter on Memorial weekend is a feat unto itself!

I finished remodeling my summer deck. Not a trip or hobby but I enjoyed it.