Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proginohio

Motel Six?

15 posts in this topic

Generally, it would be wise to avoid Motel Six altogether. La Quinta isn't too friendly either.

Generally, it would be wise to avoid Motel Six altogether. La Quinta isn't too friendly either.

+1. And not solely because of the LE issue. In a lot of Motel 6's, there are other risks to your safety.

I think Extended Stay does this too. I actually witness hotel staff handing off some info(stack of papers) to police officers. I played dumb and asked if there was an issue with drug dealers, they assured me no. Mm, whatever the staff handed them seemed a little too obvious to me. Interesting looking people always seem to come and go from those places anyway.

+1. And not solely because of the LE issue. In a lot of Motel 6's, there are other risks to your safety.

Agreed. If you can't afford higher level joint than Motel 6, you can't afford the services of interest here. (or are marketing to the wrong crowd depending!):cool:

I might be wrong but I think a few months ago there was thread posted about which chains were working with LE to stop human trafficking. Some of the upscale hotel chains were on there. Marriott for one, does work with LE and there is a specific location in Denver that LE run stings out of.

Always a good idea to stick to the nicer places that have more traffic with conferences and more guests coming and going but make sure to have a believable story ready if checking in and questioned, for any reason. I have a "real" job that if I did full time would require me to travel and I carry business cards with me and my portfolio. So far I have been lucky in that regard.

Always a good idea to stick to the nicer places that have more traffic with conferences and more guests coming and going but make sure to have a believable story ready if checking in and questioned, for any reason.

Wow, does that really happen - a girl checks in and they ask her if she's a hooker?

Maybe at the Motel 6, but it seems that for a mid-scale to upscale hotel it would not be worth it for them to risk offending a CEO of some company by asking if she's a hooker.

Wow, does that really happen - a girl checks in and they ask her if she's a hooker?

Maybe at the Motel 6, but it seems that for a mid-scale to upscale hotel it would not be worth it for them to risk offending a CEO of some company by asking if she's a hooker.

CEOs of fortune 500 companies are the most notorious hookers of all.

They often ask, "What brings you to town?":) So yes, it is a good idea as Kyla mentioned to have a well rehearsed, believable story.

They often ask, "What brings you to town?":) So yes, it is a good idea as Kyla mentioned to have a well rehearsed, believable story.

I'm letting the house air out after painting. If you are staying semi local.

Answer: "My house smells like cum and I think the cops are watching the place. By the way, can I get, like, 10 extra key cards?"

Reasons I like Motel 6:

- Easy entry, ie door is outside.

- Don't have to risk being asked "Who are you looking for?"

- Parking

- Known in industry to be most aggressive on bed bugs, pests

I do like upscale hotels. But the parking and going through the lobby bothers me. I am very well known in the Denver area and would prefer to not run into people who know me. Now that I am single, it's not as bad, but still would rather not. My preferred places are private incalls then any motel with an outside entrance as long as it's in a decent area.

If I remember correctly it was a 737. :D

Not sure if this is local or corporate wide, but does give some concern:

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150414/NEWS/150419569/13748/NEWS/?Start=1

I have friends in the hotel industry from the fleabag hotels to the high-end downtown establishments. They all do warrant checks with the local police. Some are more "into it" than others but they all partake in this to some extent. Some provide a list of guest's name to police. Other's agree to allow LE to patrol their parking lots and check the plates of the guest's cars, etc. Bottom line, if you are wanted and would rather not go to jail today - put the room in someone else's name. Motel 6 has been doing this for years - not sure why it's just now making the news.

Reasons I like Motel 6:

- Easy entry, ie door is outside.

- Don't have to risk being asked "Who are you looking for?"

- Parking

- Known in industry to be most aggressive on bed bugs, pests

I do like upscale hotels. But the parking and going through the lobby bothers me. I am very well known in the Denver area and would prefer to not run into people who know me. Now that I am single, it's not as bad, but still would rather not. My preferred places are private incalls then any motel with an outside entrance as long as it's in a decent area.

Motel 6.

Where they change the sheets weekly,

Whether they need to or not.

Where even the roaches say, "NO way, Jose!"

We'll leave the light on for you...

bd5671

"Que Paso?"