Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Plagiarism?

25 posts in this topic

So if it was brought to your attention that another Provider "copied & pasted" your bio/info and made very few edits to make it original...what would you tactfully do?

:mad::mad::mad:

So if it was brought to your attention that another Provider "copied & pasted" your bio/info and made very few edits to make it original...what would you tactfully do?

Not much "legal" recourse. Is there a venue somewhere that you can flag this so everyone knows? And if there is, would it really be worth it?

You're a smart, funny lady. Shrug it off and come up with something even better.

Not much "legal" recourse. Is there a venue somewhere that you can flag this so everyone knows? And if there is, would it really be worth it?

You're a smart, funny lady. Shrug it off and come up with something even better.

Wasn't looking for *legal* but the venue in which this has occurred has been notified.

I would contact them saying that their bio sounds almost exactly like yours. 99% sure they would get embarrassed and change it.

You suck it up unfortunately. There is no recourse for something like this. The tactful thing to do is just bring it up to whomever you're accusing. There is a well known provider whose website is strikingly similar to mine but I let it be. There is no longer "originality" there are too many providers to be overwhelmingly unique. I used a body built for sin in my Backpage ads for years. I have had to triple check phrases that I have used to make sure they weren't borrowed and often times they have already been used.

I would also avoid providers bringing attention to other providers in such a way. Sounds like someone wants to stir shit.

send them a message, I agree they'd likely be embarrassed.

You suck it up unfortunately. There is no recourse for something like this. The tactful thing to do is just bring it up to whomever you're accusing. QUOTE]

At which point can she slap her silly?

If you make sure you always use a condom your chances of catching Plagiarism are very low. :D

Unless she is trying to create confusion in the marketplace and disrupt or siphon off customers from my operation, I would do nothing.

Why create an argument or fight? How does anyone know she did this on purpose? How do you know not know she didn't hire someone to write her ads and profiles for her. I think most of us have had this happen. My suggestion would be to do nothing. Honestly, its best not to start a fight over something like this.

what would you tactfully do?

You smile and remind yourself that imitation or plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. Take it as a sign that you are doing something.

That sucks. Sorry that happened.:( I would probably just ignore it, you never know how crazy one can be.

That sucks. Sorry that happened.:( I would probably just ignore it, you never know how crazy one can be.

As long as they don't plagiarize/use your photos, I would not stress out about it.

Sorry it happened, but can't say I'm surprised. I've already told you I think you have the best local web site I've seen. Seems I'm not the only one who thinks so.

If you make sure you always use a condom your chances of catching Plagiarism are very low. :D

Ha!! Gotta love the functionality of our smart phones. :D

Why create an argument or fight? How does anyone know she did this on purpose? How do you know not know she didn't hire someone to write her ads and profiles for her. I think most of us have had this happen. My suggestion would be to do nothing. Honestly, its best not to start a fight over something like this.

It was literally verbatim with the last 3 words taken off. I didn't contact her directly but I did notify P411.

This incident occurred on the P411 Ad Boards. I'm ONLY saying this NOW because P411 has since retired the Ad Boards so therefore you can't find it. I was notified by a fellow TOB'r of this "hijacking". I realize there can be but some much originality in this field, but I believe in integrity and always make a point to "give credit where due". Regardless if she did it or someone else did it for her, I wasn't willing to stand for it.

About 5 years ago I had someone do my new website for me. I was at the time following a provider on twitter and loved her site. I told my web guy that I liked the look of her site and to get an idea from her site for the design. He chose to take that as copy and paste her text. I had no idea until she e mailed me and politely bitched me out. She had told me that while imitation is the best form of flattery, she had worked really hard on her site and would appreciate it if I changed the wording. Needless to say, I was completely embarrassed and had it changed right away. So it could be that......OR it could be someone is lazy. Either way, I would send a polite message and see if she changes it. If not, make yours even better.

On a different note, I received an e mail from a girl in NJ that was less than nice telling me I was not allowed to use the name Melissa Sterling as that was her working name. I laughed and then let her know that I have been using that name for 15 years and to go do her homework on other sites. She e mailed me back and was apologetic and changed her name.

Bottom line....DEFEND YOUR WORK of writing and YOUR NAME

Ha!! Gotta love the functionality of our smart phones. :D

It was literally verbatim with the last 3 words taken off. I didn't contact her directly but I did notify P411.

This incident occurred on the P411 Ad Boards. I'm ONLY saying this NOW because P411 has since retired the Ad Boards so therefore you can't find it. I was notified by a fellow TOB'r of this "hijacking". I realize there can be but some much originality in this field, but I believe in integrity and always make a point to "give credit where due". Regardless if she did it or someone else did it for her, I wasn't willing to stand for it.

It takes to much negative energy. I personally would let go and not create a fight over it. Esp P411 has since retired the Ad Boards.

hope the cartoons will show......

2784128_orig.gif

duplicate.jpg

Edited by Kaduk
inserted larger images....

Most hooker bios are bullshit lies anyways -"After graduating from a prestigious liberal arts college and working my towards a partnership at a respectable law firm, I decided it was time to hang up my brief case and spread my legs....blah blah blah." - and you cant really plagiarize bullshit. :cool:

I looked at the text on your website. It contains boilerplate that you can find on every single working girl's "bio". Guys don't hire you because you're channeling Jane Austen.:cool:

Most hooker bios are bullshit lies anyways -"After graduating from a prestigious liberal arts college and working my towards a partnership at a respectable law firm, I decided it was time to hang up my brief case and spread my legs....blah blah blah." - and you cant really plagiarize bullshit. :cool:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that a liberal arts degree is a precursor to other degrees. They are just a useless piece of paper that shows you paid for it( the degree) AND got the idiotic prerequisites that ALL colleges require out of the way.

As annoying as it is she stole your "shit", you should be flattered because it was good enough to steal. Right?

ok if i steal your pics? too lazy to take any of my own.

...I had no idea until she e mailed me and politely bitched me out. She had told me that while imitation is the best form of flattery, she had worked really hard on her site and would appreciate it if I changed the wording...Either way, I would send a polite message and see if she changes it. If not, make yours even better.
If you put a lot of time and effort into your site (which I'm sure you have J) I would reach out to the YL and ask her to change her site. Who knows, she may come back and tell you she didn't copy from you, she copied from another ladies site! :eek:

When I first got started as a provider, I used the exact ad layout as my mentor so clients would recognize it. At first they'd contact her and ask if she knew me. It really helped kick-start a client base for me and I was grateful. Very soon, however, the snarky comments started...."Did you know there's a girl using your exact same ad? What a loser!" So we came up with something original for me. Blatantly using your Bio and stats is an outrageous act, though. I hope she hears you know through the grapevine and gets authentic, quickly.