Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExoticVivian

Places to Eat Downtown Denver???

25 posts in this topic

Hi guys, being the foodie that I am, I always make it a point to try at least one new restaurant when I'm in a new city. Does anyone have recommendations on awesome places to eat in downtown Denver? Keep in mind that 2 things matter to me: quality of food (I like good food, lol) & ambiance.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

I haven't eaten downtown since I retired.

Two I remember well.

Maggiano's Little Italy and The Old Spaghetti Factory.

The Spaghetti factory is in the old cable building

and you can eat in an old cable car.

Both have links at this site;

http://denver.diningguide.com/dl1dt.htm

Bon Appetit

Johnboy#1

Edited by Johnboy#1
spelling

Good lord no. Don't go to a chain! Try Panzano's. They do their best to get organic food and the food and ambiance is quite nice. The chefs will also do their best to accommodate you if necessary. There are other good places but Panzanos is one of my favs. Northern Italian with a nice wine menu.

Appaloosa Grill 535 16th St #110, Denver,

The Cheesecake Factory 1201 16th St, Denver

Edge Restaurant and Bar Four Seasons Hotel Denver, 1111 14th St, Denver

Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery 1001 16th St #100, Denver

Maggiano's Little Italy Denver Pavilions, 500 16th St #150, Denver

Sam's is open 24hours. Sam's downtown denver

There is a nice Mexican place on the corner of Washington, Park Avenue, and Downing :)

Since you are from Miami I recommend Cuba Cuba. The food is quality and they have the best mojitos.

Too bad Strings shut down. It was the best place in my opinion.

Maybe Rioja. Very good Mediterranean food.

There is a nice Mexican place on the corner of Washington, Park Avenue, and Downing :)

If you head over there, go to Wash Park Grill. The rack of lamb, wow. It's super good!

House of Kabob down Colorado is outstanding too, but a dingy hole in the wall.

Any of Troy Guard's restaurant would be perfect for you. TAG at Larimer Square is my favorite of his. His new steak house Guard and Grace is amazing as well. Union Station also has many great eateries. So many amazing places in Downtown. Look them up on Yelp.

Get out and meet real people in the city, real gentlemen that are not a prearranged meeting, actual real people who live and work in the city, and they will show you around.

I think you would like Brothers or Smash Burger on the Mall

Linger, Lola, Fruition, Le Central, Euclid Hall, Steuben's, Bastien's, My Brother's Bar and Paramount Cafe not all are exactly Downtown but not far and all very good.

You can throw a rock and hit good food in this town.

+1 for My brothers bar! I have lived here along time and that place hasn't changed. Its hard to find but a great place.

For upscale dining I'd recommend the following (especially next week since it's restaurant week and you can get some amazing deals if you can get a reservation)

Tag

Rioja

Euclid Hall

Green Russel (for drinks)

1515 Restaurant

Ocean Prime

I've been a chef for almost 18 years now and all of these places serve food that is up to snuff. Rioja and Tag are two of my favorites as is Euclid Hall (great poutine! Especially the Duck Poutine with Foie Gras and an Egg on top, so amazing). Chef Jen at Rioja usually has something like Colorado Lamb done 3 ways or other amazing locally sourced food.

Ocean Prime does great seafood considering we're so far inland. Green Russel is excellent for craft cocktails (can't make up your mind? tell the bartender what you like and he or she will come up with something creative for you.)

As for all of these places they have excellent ambiance and high quality food/drinks (most have a great beer, wine and spirits selection which is a key factor for me). I've dined at all of them and have gone back repeatedly.

Enjoy!

My favorites in Downtown Denver

seafood; no question Ocean Prime

Steaks: capitol grille and 1515 restaurant

Italian: no doubt. Panzanos and Maggionos

And Denver Restaurant Week starts today, now I have some new options to try! I love Maggiano's for Italian, Capital Grille for steaks and most of the others mentioned above, but here is another nice little gem of a restaurant in LoDo area - Coohills!

Am I the only one who thought this thread might be about something else?:D

For upscale dining I'd recommend the following (especially next week since it's restaurant week and you can get some amazing deals if you can get a reservation)

Tag

Rioja

Euclid Hall

Green Russel (for drinks)

1515 Restaurant

Ocean Prime

I've been a chef for almost 18 years now and all of these places serve food that is up to snuff. Rioja and Tag are two of my favorites as is Euclid Hall (great poutine! Especially the Duck Poutine with Foie Gras and an Egg on top, so amazing). Chef Jen at Rioja usually has something like Colorado Lamb done 3 ways or other amazing locally sourced food.

Ocean Prime does great seafood considering we're so far inland. Green Russel is excellent for craft cocktails (can't make up your mind? tell the bartender what you like and he or she will come up with something creative for you.)

As for all of these places they have excellent ambiance and high quality food/drinks (most have a great beer, wine and spirits selection which is a key factor for me). I've dined at all of them and have gone back repeatedly.

Enjoy!

I LOVE Chef Jen and second your vote, Endgame! Rioja, Bistro Vendome, Euclid Hall, and Stoic and Genuine are worth checking out. She is Denver's first James Beard winner. The OP is looking for something "downtown" so I would recommend all Jen's different incantations as well as 1515 which is Denver's only molecular gastronomy restaurant (science and food: my two loves combined!!!!!). Vespa Dipping Grill is very unique in concept for Denver and worth a visit. Kevin Taylor has a few spots that are amazing as well, mainly at the Opera House and Denver Art Museum. The OP is from Miami so SKIP Cuba Cuba; I lived in Miami for 9 years and CC's food is good Cuban food for Denver but wouldn't last a second in Miami IMO. For something more casual, Stueben's is great and very Denver-ey. Make reservations since it's RW until the beginning of next month. Enjoy your time in the Mile High and happy noshing!!!

You're funny?I asked for recommendations on places to eat silly, not life advice lol

Get out and meet real people in the city, real gentlemen that are not a prearranged meeting, actual real people who live and work in the city, and they will show you around.

Thanks for all the lovely recommendations guys?I finally had some time last night and I tried Panzano's?it was delicious. If I have more time, I will try some of these other recommendations. Thanks!

Yes, lol!!!

Am I the only one who thought this thread might be about something else?:D