Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Shauna_Styles

Deposit for appointment?

22 posts in this topic

I am curious as to whether providers require a deposit for appointments? And whether clients would be willing to provide a deposit for an appointment?

In general, no.

Seen too many scammers out there that want some deposit, but then never return calls et al. Similar lines as the providers wanting payment in Green Dot and like cards and then want you to read the number to them, to make sure it's got it's full value.

Recently tried to schedule with a provider. Communicated back and forth about schedules, finally got something aligned, but in the span of a day, she set her self up to require a small deposit on PayPal. In this case, might have not had an issue with the deposit, since compared to whole session cost, drop in the bucket and would not be a big deal if scammed. Bigger issue was having to use PayPal and not be semi-anonymous.

Might possibly be willing with a provider with a solid track record, but even then, you never know if the provider has decided to take on a new "business plan" and just grift johns.

... And whether clients would be willing to provide a deposit for an appointment?

In general if an ASP requests a deposit I'll look elsewhere.

That being said, for my multi-week engagements I have offered, though it was not requested, a partial pre-payment to trusted friends so that they could deal with bills before departure, making our trip more stress free. These are special circumstances with special people.

The scammer issue was my concern as well. It sucks that there are so many trashy girls who do that crap but it also sucks for the legit ladies who get guys who cancel last minute and leave the girl on the hook for the hotel. Classic catch 22

The only time I have asked for a deposit is when I was asked to go on a trip with someone. Like Bit said it helped with paying for the necessary bills and made things more stress free and this was always with someone I knew well and trusted.. Other than that NO. As providers we run the risk of cancellations and no shows it is part of the business. Of course the guys have to deal with this as well, however the difference is they get to keep their money, we lose it.

If asked for a deposit i would assume it was a scam and stay far away.

It's common in the national level provider world ..and more for extended dates 4 hours and more and travel dates and especially for touring. It's not as common here in Denver as the scene grew mainly from the streets, quickie 15 or half hour appts or hourly call girls. Never quite made sense to take a deposit on an hour appt..but for extended travel or long dates..it does..as if you are depending on a whole day or weekend with one gent on a travel date, and if he is not committed and cancels for a stupid reason..or he was scamming you or double booked with another...you could end up in another city with no $ and a tour completely blown.

I wonder if this might be something that could be done through P411 where they act as a sort of escrow? Probably far too many potential headaches that I can't begin to imagine for Gina to consider this. But, having some sort of third party (that would offer anonymity to both sides) might have potential.

I am curious as to whether providers require a deposit for appointments? And whether clients would be willing to provide a deposit for an appointment?

Not for me. I deal in cash only with no paper trail.

Do you hear the noise?

This is the sound of a million hobbyists roaring with laughter.:D

I'd like to see an ASP escrow deposit for the claim "It's guaranteed me in the current picture or it's FREE!"

I'd like to see an ASP escrow deposit for the claim "It's guaranteed me in the current picture or it's FREE!"

If you are paying for rooms upfront to see ONE client there is something wrong with your business model.

Do you hear the noise?

This is the sound of a million hobbyists roaring with laughter.:D

Millions more like billions.

If you are paying for rooms upfront to see ONE client there is something wrong with your business model.

yeah. never was much of a business woman but this model is actually quite successful.

The only deposit I'd provide is the one in the cover.

Good question - but in general I would say NO and look somewhere else! Especially if it was a short visit!

I have only done it one time - but I did my research on the lady and it was a longer session so I get that- especially the hotel costs and all! It wasn't much of a down (like $150) and I did the paypal card through Walgreens (paid cash). Though it was a hassle since I had to get the card and text her the code - everything went through but it was kind of a hassle!

I would only do that if I was doing a really long session and she had to set everything up!

Good question - but in general I would say NO and look somewhere else! Especially if it was a short visit!

I have only done it one time - but I did my research on the lady and it was a longer session so I get that- especially the hotel costs and all! It wasn't much of a down (like $150) and I did the paypal card through Walgreens (paid cash). Though it was a hassle since I had to get the card and text her the code - everything went through but it was kind of a hassle!

I would only do that if I was doing a really long session and she had to set everything up!

That makes a lot of sense, and thanks for being a sensible gentleman. I have only asked for them for travel dates.

The scammer issue was my concern as well. It sucks that there are so many trashy girls who do that crap but it also sucks for the legit ladies who get guys who cancel last minute and leave the girl on the hook for the hotel. Classic catch 22

Maybe contact one of your good customers and see if you can make each other's day better.

I'll give you a deposit .... and send my Albanian buddy over if you don't show up.:cool:

I've heard its pretty common for ladies in Australia on tour to require deposits to reserve an appointment...However things are a bit different for the hobby over there since its legal.

I wouldn't expect any gents to ever want to put down a deposit, and I wouldn't ever ask. With all the scam artists out there If I were a hobbyist, I wouldn't touch a pre-paid session with a ten foot pole.

And whether clients would be willing to provide a deposit for an appointment?

I think if they're newbies w/out reference deposit can work?

But established clients and those that have been hobbying for a long time probably not. :P