Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gold80401

Emailing providers

17 posts in this topic

Even when a provider says their preferred communication is via email and I send a polite, brief email with my details, references and an appointment request (or sometimes a question such as 'what part of town are you in?'), I seem to be batting nearly .000 on replies. :confused:

Maybe my email has bad-breath? ;)

Could be that folks are taking the weekend off? I've been looking for a couple of replies and hope that they'll catch up tomorrow. Push comes to shove, a quick call might be in line or resending. Email isn't 100% between spam filters, flakey connections and just the unintended delete key...

I can agree on that one - sooooooo put my hobby phone away for the weekend. Speaking of I check my emails on the mobile - which doesn't show I have messages in my junk mail..and with a Mac and iPhone system I am finding more and more responses from certain ad sites are going to spam mail, that I don't always remember to check separately..... Just saying :)

To be clear, I've been having this problem for years... But it seems to have gotten worse in the past few months :D

Maybe it is an NSA thing? If this has been happening for a long time then you night want to set up a different email account - not sure what email provider you are using but might have some issues there. The junk and spam stuff is filtering out a lot of stuff - emails that should be spam I get and emails that go to spam I need!Go figure? BTW - do you have any special stuff in your email like backgrounds or borders etc - this can cause issues as well.

Email doesn't always work- so I follow up with a phone call and leave a message that says I sent you an email and was wondering if you got it. Sometimes things get overlooked so you never know - but love your statement about email having bad breath - that is priceless!

Have Fun!

Well ... and how to account for someone who doesn't post any email, doesn't answer TXT, and whose phone has no voicemail and goes unanswered on several calls. I guess that is just someone who doesn't want business. Happened to me with _three_ ladies this week.

I could be how you are approaching..or the wording in your email. Although you may feel that your email approach is polite, it could possibly be coming off as a " pizza ordering one or two liner"... Or too similar to the creepy ones ladies get all too often. Change your approach.. Introduce yourself or mention that you have recent references perhaps? .....OR you could be simply emailing the wrong providers ( unreviewed back pagers? ..that could simply be scams or webcam linked ads..vs someone who may email back.) there are gentlemen who seem to have no problems navigating getting appointments...and with solid providers. When you shop in certain discount venues, responses can be dicey...but again, rethink your approach and introduction. Being a gentleman, goes a long way and totally makes it easier to get to the fun.

I hear you, brother. Last year I started batting 100 or less, and that was using P411. When the rates went up and quality kept doing down, I cut loose and changed my hobbying strategy. I now only use agencies (like C69) or make biannual pilgrimages to outside the country like Costa Rica.

Agencies have "managers" (wink) that keep the girls in line, no nonsense like NCNS or ignored emails. And, outside the country, hooking is more or less tolerated.

It's odd. Just this week, quick response then NOTHING on follow-up. And everything was extremely appropriate. Sometimes it's really hard to give away money.

It's odd. Just this week, quick response then NOTHING on follow-up. And everything was extremely appropriate. Sometimes it's really hard to give away money.

Sometimes it is equally hard to take money! :P Had the reverse of that scenario many times.

Email is a great way to keep in touch but I don't think it is the best means for communication in this business. For some it is the only means and I get that but for the majority it just isn't fast enough. I would say that most emails don't get replies because they are lacking in information. "Hi my name is Steve, what's your location?" is not going to get an immediate response because it really doesn't feel like genuine interest. "Hi Lucy this is Steve, I am interested in setting up an appointment with you. I read in your reviews that you are near Cherry Creek could you give me a general ideal where that is? I would be interested in see you this afternoon around three." That sort of email will get a much quicker response. Email is not for idle chit-chat be serious or GTFO.

I guess YMMV, I use e-mail (or P-411 mail) exclusively to set appointments and it works great for me. I have just the opposite experience as you since I can't seem to get return phone calls or texts.

Maybe you are e-mailing on too short of notice -- I usually have to set appointments 2-3 days in advance, so e-mail works pretty well for that.

Actually, I think what works best is a P-411 request for an appointment. It seems to just be so much more legitimate, etc.

Sometimes it is equally hard to take money! :P Had the reverse of that scenario many times.

Email is a great way to keep in touch but I don't think it is the best means for communication in this business. For some it is the only means and I get that but for the majority it just isn't fast enough. I would say that most emails don't get replies because they are lacking in information. "Hi my name is Steve, what's your location?" is not going to get an immediate response because it really doesn't feel like genuine interest. "Hi Lucy this is Steve, I am interested in setting up an appointment with you. I read in your reviews that you are near Cherry Creek could you give me a general ideal where that is? I would be interested in see you this afternoon around three." That sort of email will get a much quicker response. Email is not for idle chit-chat be serious or GTFO.

Yeah, everything was appropriate. And as the above poster said, two ladies have not called back and I have only had success with e-mail on a couple of occasions. Looks like ol' reliable Rosie Palms will have to do for next week.

Actually, I think what works best is a P-411 request for an appointment. It seems to just be so much more legitimate, etc.

Sadly, even that's not a guarantee of success these days. I've had more P411 appointment requests that got no response in the past year than in all my previous years of hobbying combined. Just a response of "I'm all booked up/I'm busy that day, how about another day?" or "I don't think we'd be a good match" or something, but no, nada, just complete silence. I'm not sure if some of these requests are getting pegged as spam by their email filter and going into the spam folder that ladies never read on mobile devises, or if it's just that providers are becoming more and more flakey these days.

And yes, I accompany the request with a short, polite, friendly message introducing myself, and I give all pertinent info and don't say anything creepy or LEish, I'm not a noob at this game. It IS getting harder and harder to give my money away...

It is my understanding that P411 requires providers to respond to clients w/in a reasonable timeframe.

(Gina, please, correct me if I'm wrong here.)

So if after a week and 1 or 2 appointment requests you don't have a response (especially if she's logged in or looked at your profile in the interim), you might drop a note to P411 admin.

I don't know what to say... :confused: How embarassing. I think most of us have smart phones with email alerts, but some do not. I would say what some of the others have said, if you are looking for same day, a phone call may be in order. Some of the ladies that operate e-mail only, do not accept same day appointments. However, i know some that do, and they are very professional in monitoring their e-mail. Who knows, maybe the ladies were on vacation.

Sorry you're having bad luck. I guess move to the next lady on your list.