Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SultryKitten

Kitten is curious.

21 posts in this topic

If a lady stays near Arapahoe and 25, when writing location, does that qualify as DTC? Just curious as it seems clients are confused, or they say that is not DTC. If we are staying that south, what should it be named?

xoxo,

S3(Sultry Samantha Sheppard)

Technically, that area is not considered to be within the physical borders of the Tech Center but the ladies have traditionally called it that anyway. My question then is: what about Dry Creek?? Are we THEN outside the DTC?? County Line?

I would think it is more accurate to simply state it as "Arapahoe/I25" and leave Orchard and Belleview locations to be the DTC.

My experience is that DTC is frequently used to mean the entire surrounding area, which works OK for me for planning time.

If a lady stays near Arapahoe and 25, when writing location, does that qualify as DTC? Just curious as it seems clients are confused, or they say that is not DTC. If we are staying that south, what should it be named?

xoxo,

How about just saying "near Arapahoe and I-25"???

I personally would not be that concise in providing my location---but that is just me and the gross behavior that I have seen. I have always considered DTC for this hobby to be Dry Creek-Belleview along the I25 corridor. You will never please everyone.;) Be safe Kitten

How about just saying "near Arapahoe and I-25"???

I would have no problem with that as it is a big area with lots of places to stay, and I personally get kind of annoyed having to constantly answer, "Where are you in DTC?"

My thinking is that saying cross streets is still pretty general, but I can understand some ladies' concerns too.

Thanks for the input everybody.

xoxo,

Technically, that area is not considered to be within the physical borders of the Tech Center but the ladies have traditionally called it that anyway...
According to the gospel of Wikipedia :rolleyes:, this is what it says about DTC - Denver Technological Center, better known as The Denver Tech Center or DTC, is a business and economic trading center located in Colorado in the southeastern portion of the Denver Metropolitan Area, within portions of the cities of Denver and Greenwood Village. It is home to several major businesses and corporations. The DTC roughly corresponds to the area surrounding the I-25 corridor between I-225 and SH 88 (Arapahoe Road).

I would say along the I-25 corridor, loosely I-225 (north DTC) to County Line (south DTC), but it's still DTC!

I personally would not be that concise in providing my location---but that is just me and the gross behavior that I have seen. I have always considered DTC for this hobby to be Dry Creek-Belleview along the I25 corridor. You will never please everyone.;) Be safe Kitten

I'm having trouble imagining the problem being so "concise" as saying you are near Arapahoe and I-25? Is the guy going to get out of his car in the intersection and ask a cop if he could help find Holly the Hooker?? Please give me a story that helps me understand why an intersection is TMI?

what about I-225 and iliff, is it still considered dtc? :cool:

Not in my book - too far E & too far N.

"DTC" is a lot like Kleenex, a misused nomenclature for facial tissue. "DTC" originally referred to a specific office park development well outside of Denver. It is often used to describe any office area S of downtown.

I'm having trouble imagining the problem being so "concise" as saying you are near Arapahoe and I-25? Is the guy going to get out of his car in the intersection and ask a cop if he could help find Holly the Hooker?? Please give me a story that helps me understand why an intersection is TMI?

I'll PM you honey.:)

The hens got in a lather re: intersections some years ago when a guy put up a thread about him driving past an intersection and having some nice memories come back to him.

Yeah, he gave up the secret ho-lair, the location that has something like 10 hotels/motels on one side of I-15 at or stones throw away from that intersection, and about 5 more on the other side of the interstate :rolleyes:

Now, if one starts mentioning a specific location (eg. "the La Quinta at..."), or only one motel at a corner, or we are talking non-dense residential, now there is an argument for TMI.

Sorry, can't remember who has it in their signature, but, hookers are like Idaho survivalists, paranoid that the gubmint is working 24/7 watching them.

Technically, that area is not considered to be within the physical borders of the Tech Center but the ladies have traditionally called it that anyway. My question then is: what about Dry Creek?? Are we THEN outside the DTC?? County Line?

This particular subject pops up fairly regularly. Seems little consensus. And depending on where you are, make some folks seem geography challenged. One example I've used in the past: I've had a provider say she's in "north Denver", "north" being I-25 and CO Blvd.

For me, due to me being well north, "DTC" is a close enough description of the area since that translates into "1+hr drive" and "traffic jams".

Technically , the DTC area is the geography covering the I-25 corridor where you see tall buildings from the freeway. You will find hotels, apartments , condos, restaurants, and bars. Plus shopping is not bad either if that is what you are into doing.

I'll PM you honey.:)

Uh oh.....".gettin'upthere" is going to the woodshed!

...hookers are like Idaho survivalists, paranoid that the gubmint is working 24/7 watching them.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Technically , the DTC area is the geography covering the I-25 corridor where you see tall buildings from the freeway. You will find hotels, apartments , condos, restaurants, and bars. Plus shopping is not bad either if that is what you are into doing.

Least precise yet most accurate description of DTC yet. And I agree with it.

Uh oh.....".gettin'upthere" is going to the woodshed!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Least precise yet most accurate description of DTC yet. And I agree with it.

Taken to the woodshed, told an interesting story, and a good time was had by both. Isn't going to the woodshed with a lovely lady and getting "straightened out" every guy's fantasy?;). Holly, can we meet in your woodshed? I don't care what intersection your near as long as I can be near the only intersection I hold dear!

Let's meet at the Y and just so no hijacking is going on we can invite Kitten and discuss. Lol

Taken to the woodshed' date=' told an interesting story, and a good time was had by both. Isn't going to the woodshed with a lovely lady and getting "straightened out" every guy's fantasy?;). Holly, can we meet in your woodshed? I don't care what intersection your near as long as I can be near the only intersection I hold dear![/quote']

To me the DTC area is Yosmite/Tamarac & I-225 and I-225/I-25 on the north end, down to the Park Meadows Mall on the south end, and out maybe 1/2 to 1 mile to the east and west of I-25.

Yeah I know a big broad area, but if someone said DTC and it was within those confines, I wouldn't argue semantics with them over it.

xoxo,

I personally don't care about the general area, I like to know the cross streets. Why not advertise I25-arapahoe?

Let's meet at the Y and just so no hijacking is going on we can invite Kitten and discuss. Lol

Do I need to take notes? This cross streets subject might get misunderstood and miscommunicated. ;-)

xoxo,

S3(Slutry Samantha Sheppard)