Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porto

Trust in providers

20 posts in this topic

I have read several threads that are either directly about giving out too much info to providers or somewhere within the thread someone mentions their absolute paranoia about the subject. I understand the need for discretion but maybe if you are so worried about it, you shouldn't do this hobby.

Just because you use a fake name, fake number, etc you think you are covered? It's highly unlikely but anybody can find out anything about anybody. Do you wipe the room down before you leave? Do you steal license plates and swap them on your car before you go (rentals can be traced)? Do you get plastic surgery after each appointment? Do you watch what happens to the content of the "cover" while she disposes of it for you? Do you survey the location inside for hidden recording equipment? How about your car? Who's watching that during a session?

Point is, it doesn't matter how smart you think you are or how much you think you are being discrete. Anybody can find out anything about anybody with the most trivial piece of information. If it's LE you are worried about, their resources are even greater. If they want to know and they want to bust you, they will. Same goes for providers/clients. If either one wants to know anything about the other, there are so many ways.

Wait until you are the recipient of a psycho bitch coming to your work place after 1 appointment making false accusations.

Lets switch shoes and see what you think about giving out information.

Providers are people. Some are trustworthy. Some are not. Do your research. Ask around. You CAN find the responsible adults in this hobby.

You are right. You can be found out, no matter how careful you are. There are lots of terrifying tales out there. Just remember, the plural form of anecdote is NOT "Data."

Consider the number of working ladies in the Denver area (400+) Consider the number of Johns. Do the math. How many horror stories per year?

You can minimize your risk: If you must trust....make the best choice you can....and only to get your reference chain started. Treat people with respect. Don't lie, cheat, steal, or play games. That way, even if you DO stumble onto the legendary "psycho hose bitch," she mmay let you go.

Or not. No promises.

Red neck is right. Do your research and make the best choice you can. But make no mistake, there is always going to be risk.

Inventory what you have to lose and how you will be impacted.

Don't gamble if you aren't prepared to pay the piper when you lose.

Anybody can find out anything about anybody with the most trivial piece of information.

Works both ways. Just because you have info about me doesn't mean shit.

If she comes to your office, call security.

Alternatively, lawyer up and slap her with lawsuits left and right.

If she comes to your office, call security.

Alternatively, lawyer up and slap her with lawsuits left and right.

This is all good advice but it will leave your wallet significantly lighter. Much lighter.

Trust in a provider and a provider will trust in you.

Umm, do you really believe this?

these last few discussion threads have been interesting. that's why i tend to be a serial monogamist hobbyist.

.....i tend to be a serial monogamist hobbyist.

Not a bad suggestion.

Certainly much better than "if you can't stand the risk, don't hobby", which seems to be the opinion of the OP, who obviously borrowed it from any one of a half-dozen posts in multiple previous threads.

There's risk in everything -- you risk dying every time you drive your car. But there are ways to mitigate risk in everything also, and one of those ways is to protect one's personal info. And one way to do THAT is to stick with one provider whom you know & trust.

Exactly! So why so paranoid?

Umm, do you really believe this?

Sometimes, like most most things there is a gray area where this is could be right or wrong. But anyways my religion is hobbing and trust in a provider and a provider will trust in you is like the fifth commandment.

Sometimes, like most most things there is a gray area where this is could be right or wrong. But anyways my religion is hobbing and trust in a provider and a provider will trust in you is like the fifth commandment.

5th commandment = "Honor thy father and thy mother".

So, macho, which one of THEM is a hooker? :D

5th commandment = "Honor thy father and thy mother".

So, macho, which one of THEM is a hooker? :D

Actually if you want to get technical the 5th commandment is thou shalt not kill in the catholic religion. The one I'm more familiar with. To answer the question it would be my papa. I don't think he's interested in you. sorry

There is no need to be paranoid, but it is definitely smart to be cognoscente of the risks and take steps to protect your private life.

In my experience, most of the providers you have to worry about the most have the intelligence of slugs and the attention span of about 30 seconds.

Delete and ignore at the first hint of "crazy" works wonders. If you use a toss phone for hobby purposes and keep your private information to yourself, chances are extremely high that you will never have an iota of trouble.

On the other hand, if you think that every other provider you meet is a "friend" who just needs a little help, needs a place to crash with her [omg Boink just gave me an infraction], needs to borrow your car.... you are definitely setting yourself up for a world of pain. This goes for clients and providers. Pick your friends carefully!

Paranoia is not necessary, common sense is.

Edited by The Oxymoron

Naivte and paranoia have no place in the hobby. I'm not so paranoid, but I have been naivte and trusted in a few women who proved to be unworthy of that trust. That happens in all walks of life. Best to keep everything a bit close to the vest.

Similar take: trust friends, don't trust aquiantences. Works with provider and civilian world.

I don't trust providers, I trust friends. A few providers are friends.

Heh.. I just trust everyone equally...

But seriously.. A lawyer? OK, 5K just for a retainer.. 20K to see the inside of a courtroom... For what? A defamation lawsuit? What are her assets? Negative net worth I am sure. Oh and, wait for it, you have no case because it is true!

Seriously I swear most guys, based on their posts, if a guy walked up to them in a bar and spit in their face they would offer to suck his dick too...

When both testicles drop you will figure out that you actually have control over who says what about you...

The risk is higher when you are seeing someone new to the hobby or even new to this area. That's why some guys refuse to TOFTT. By sticking to established providers with solid reputations you certainly lessen your risk. Also, some providers want a lot of information about you while others are less um, thorough.

Can you get caught regardless of who you see? Absolutely. But there are various levels of risk.