Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shovino

Donations

14 posts in this topic

I have been away from the ads for a while. Did the economy get better and I just did not notice? Rates for donations seem higher. Just sayin.

I'm not even going to say it!

I'll say it..........."Free Market Economy"~ price driven by market, supply and demand; quality and availability......:P

You tend to get what you pay for.

You tend to get what you pay for.

This is just not true but, when you post a rate thread you might get more than you bargained for.:eek:

Gee whiz, maybe it's STOCK SHOW season..... happy hobbying.:D

Or maybe some are trying to make 2013 a new type of year..:rolleyes:

Oh goody!! another rate thread.... Want to save some dough? Penthouse mag and your left hand are pretty cheap. Want something more personal? Be prepared to pay for it.

Oh goody!! another rate thread.... Want to save some dough? Penthouse mag and your left hand are pretty cheap. Want something more personal? Be prepared to pay for it.

Your left hand? Well, hell! Right there is my problem! Who knew? :D

I'm not even going to say it!

Let me say if for ya:

i-4fd96abe96347f6ad94121f67ed84302-picardandrikerdoublefacnm1.jpg

Seems this topic surfaces about once a month at least.

I have been away from the ads for a while. Did the economy get better and I just did not notice? Rates for donations seem higher. Just sayin.

I don't think the economy is getting better. I used to get 4-5 offers to switch jobs. In 2011, I had none. In 2012, I got just one. We won't likely see any real improvements in the near future. I know of many people struggling to make ends meet or those who have been unemployed for several years.

I am not sure if the average has gone up, but the maximum rate has gone up. Thus, the standard deviation has gone up. I don't have a histogram for the rates, but that's my observation. You can still find low end bargains in backpage.

From a personal experience point of view, one of the best experience I've had was with a low-end girl, and one of the worst experience I've had was with the most expensive girl I've ever paid.

The only way I can see justification for charging more is a low-volume provider in which you are not being rushed out the door. Sometimes, that's not the case at all. Not referring to anyone in particular, the girl's attitude sometimes changes once she marks up her price, thinking she's hot stuff, becoming very arrogant. Maybe she has the demand she thinks she has. Maybe not. Sometimes, it's marketing strategy. She could be sitting by the phone, waiting for non-existent calls.

Pay what you're comfy with. I've been spending more and more on the hobby despite the bad economy, a total of more than 105k in the last 10 years. By God's grace, I still have a job and have been steadily increasing my income in the last 10 years.

Nonetheless, feeling hitting my own "fiscal cliff", for this new year's resolution, I vow to cut my hobby spending by at least 30%. You never know....layoff can happen so quickly and finding a job could take more than one year. Money in your own pocket is better than money in the wallet of a working girl. I would advice those with jobs to hobby less and pocket the savings for a rainy day. There is really no end in sight in terms of improvements in the economy. What I would give to go back in time 5-6 years ago.