Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Website!

48 posts in this topic

Well i got word there was a website for potential prostitutes! They are doing an nvestigation for on line prostitutes!I have no ideal how i got on this site or how anyone can just put your information on a site is beyond me!!So please please ladies be safe!!!!And you should take a look just to see if you have been selected for this site!

www.potentialprostitutes.com

Interesting that they ask you for money to "remove a profile".:rolleyes:

Looks like a bunch of backpage girls to me.

I only recognized like four profiles on the whole thing for Colorado.

Interesting that they ask you for money to "remove a profile".:rolleyes:

Looks like a bunch of backpage girls to me.

They must be a few french fries short of a happy meal.

Even when there's a name in the picture, they have a few listed as "online provider"

A quick whois search gives this:

http://www.whois.com/whois/potentialprostitutes.com

Not registered in the US, but that does not mean

they are not operating from here.

Edited by Johnboy#1
Add

They must be a few french fries short of a happy meal.

Even when there's a name in the picture, they have a few listed as "online provider"

A quick whois search gives this:

Not registered in the US but that does not mean

they are not operating from here.

Who'd a thunk the Swedes would be up to no good...
:P

For sure a scam to scare providers into paying to be removed!!

Thats totally true,because thats the first thing that crossed my mind.Whoever set this site up is getting paid everytime someone is posted!!Wow what a scam!!

I wish you hadn't drawn attention to this website.

The problem with that site is that anyone can report any provider.

What's to stop girls from reporting other girls anonymously because they are pissed? Some providers are ruthless when it comes to competition.

Then then potential innocent provider has to pay to get herself of off that site.

JMHO

Well sorry if i started anything between providers,but it was a concern and im not good at doing all the "searching" on things like this so i was looking to see anyone else's insight on something like this!Sorry if providers are actually like that toward other ladies!!Im not and have no potential of doing so....SO SORRY FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING!!TO some i CANT do anything right!!

Katie, slow down and think about things before you sit down at the keyboard.

In particular think about what should be broadcast to the general public and what should be privately discussed among providers. Then you might not suffer so frequently from Finger&Mouth disease, the web version of Hoof&Mouth disease which causes cattle to be 'put down'.

....SO SORRY FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING!!TO some i CANT do anything right!!
Katie, I don't think you did anything wrong by alerting the community about this sh!tty site. If there is one thing I've learned over the past few years, even good guys get their teeth kicked in once in awhile.

No disrespect towards anyone but I'm glad she posted this information. The internet isn't private and this kind of thing will effect "hobbyists" too.

I know a BP girl shown on the site with whom I recently had a falling out after a fairly long professional relationship. I don't relish the thought of her thinking I'm the one who dropped dime on her.

Thank you for bringing this site to everyone's attention.

Let's not blame Katie for the problems posed by this site. To do so obscures the real issue here.

The site would have been discovered sooner or later, and the community's greater concern should be what can be done for the women who already appear on this site rather than how to hide from these crooks.

Anyone who advertises provider services is likely to be found in any serious web search, and preyed upon by these pimps.

These site operators are attempting to extort $100 from every provider listed who would like to be removed. Their site threatens providers with outing and ultimately, arrest, though I doubt that they are in contact with any local activists, nor do they pursue any avenues to have providers arrested.

I believe they are not social activists but rather, crooks out to extort $100 from any and all they blacklist. If so, it's a cut and dried case extortion. There is no freedom of speech protected by the Communications Act of 1998 when it comes to defaming character or printing lies, and extortion is a felony.

I imagine that if presented with a lawful cease and desist order issued by a US court, they'd disappear quickly.

There are countless sites out there just like this and I'm with BBB on this one there is nothing wrong with pointing this site out as bottom line is it's a shady site. You can pay to have your information removed and I'm sure they will put it right back up again. As far as this being an outlet for other providers to hate on another well there are already countless sites and ways that is done.

If you DON'T want it out there DON'T tell anyone in this industry because people talk and some have nothing better to do then speak on or about others business that isn't there's. As well as if you don't want information found DON'T put it on the internet.

Katie, I am not attacking you and I apologize if that is how it came across.

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out what the best course of action should be in a given situation.

I was just pointing out a potential negative side to posting the website information on TOB.

Be safe girl!

Dammit, I am NOT on the list!!! I am going to contact these SOB's and tell them what I think about that! J/K ; )

Seriously, who cares...so they have their number, name, and hopefully, an address. WOOOOOHH! SCARED!!! LOL!

Know your rights! Man, what sad, pitiful little posers they have to be to be wasting their time with info on "prostitutes". It must suck to have no life...

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

Ladies...CHILL OUT! If you have good reviews, and the guys know that you are reputable(and yes, they do talk to each other) then quit worrying. This is the sucky part of having the internet. Do your job professionally, be consistent, screen, and practice safety for your own well being, and these kind of things will just be an annoying gnat that will quickly get squashed.

"Hakuna Matata my friends!"

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

Despite my previous post on this thread which was mostly directed at your "can't do anything right?" post, it is good to be aware of this sleaze ball. Yeah, your post drove traffic to their site, but as a few said we already know who the local players are.

That site at first struck me as some religious, anti-P4P group. They probably are, but with the twist of extortion. They're hiding behind the CDA and can probably make a good case for charging a fee for removal despite the extortion aspect. Mind you, the CDA is very important! Without it sites like TOB and TER would have a lot more trouble.

Yeah i got a text from them this morning im on there to... who cares

I wish you hadn't drawn attention to this website.

The problem with that site is that anyone can report any provider.

What's to stop girls from reporting other girls anonymously because they are pissed? Some providers are ruthless when it comes to competition.

Then then potential innocent provider has to pay to get herself of off that site.

JMHO

Yes and thanks for the best post in this discussion.

Good point - anyone can report anyone as being a potential prostitute.

I just reported Nancy Pelosi. :)

Sometimes the best way to deal with something is to have fun with it!

Well im sorry i got everyone all worked up!It was just something that worried me because im still learning new things about this industry everyday!!

Well im sorry i got everyone all worked up!It was just something that worried me because im still learning new things about this industry everyday!!

It's okay Katie, we all make mistakes, especially in the beginning. It's what you do with those mistakes that matters. You just learn from it and move on with your head held high;)

I would guess that if they actually tried to out someone to the police to get them arrested that the police would be much more interested it a fraud/extortion bust than a simple pros one.

Yes and thanks for the best post in this discussion.

Good point - anyone can report anyone as being a potential prostitute.

I just reported Nancy Pelosi. :)

Sometimes the best way to deal with something is to have fun with it!

LMAO - Wow!!

Ok I was feeling a bit left out till I got my text from them am going to edit out the # came from and information I can use to delete proof of course. And yes other then that this is the exact message.

"You are being investigated for online prostitution. To stop this process go to your profile here www.PotentialProstitutes.com/ and click Delete Prof"

Someone out there must be board/broke and out of their mind if they think this site is going to be a big money maker for them. Can't see it lasting long at all and surely not after they send this to a few LE ads.

Well i got word there was a website for potential prostitutes! They are doing an nvestigation for on line prostitutes!I have no ideal how i got on this site or how anyone can just put your information on a site is beyond me!!So please please ladies be safe!!!!And you should take a look just to see if you have been selected for this site!

www.potentialprostitutes.com

An IT pro I use at my office checked this through backtracing? equipment and told me it is most likely a address trapping spider type mechanism among its active processor as a site, so there is more to worry about, as it will entrap all email addresses logging into it or opening it up and something may be planted if you open up, so beware, he said. Don't log in, or open up the site. There is the potential for all sorts of blowback.:cool:

An IT pro I use at my office checked this through backtracing? equipment and told me it is most likely a address trapping spider type mechanism among its active processor as a site, so there is more to worry about, as it will entrap all email addresses logging into it or opening it up and something may be planted if you open up, so beware, he said. Don't log in, or open up the site. There is the potential for all sorts of blowback.:cool:

time to get a new IT "pro", because this is just BS. lots of nice buzzwords though. :rolleyes:

time to get a new IT "pro", because this is just BS. lots of nice buzzwords though. :rolleyes:

Gotta agree. Of particular (and dubious) note is the "most likely" assertion. How would ANYone--except the website developer--know without checking the site's HTML code??

This site, being a scam site, wouldn't keep your info off the site as you could be "re-added". It also states that if you try to sue them for posting your info you would win. This is based on a court ruling that if a site gets it's content from third party sources it is not liable for the content.

While this is true... you can simply remind them that once you identify to them that they are posting copyrighted material on the site it is their responsibility to remove it as notice as been provided. The court case they refer and rely on does not cover them in this instance. I doubt they will comply but at least providers will have an actionable claim once notice has been provided.

CJ