Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urfan

say it ain't so . . .

25 posts in this topic

Hostess Brands Inc. says it's going out of business on November 16 after striking workers across the country crippled its ability to make its Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Wonder Bread and other snacks.

next to my atf, some of my favorite things in the world are Twinkies, Zingers, Ding Dongs, Suzy-Qs, etc.

i will tell you a secret tho - there's a local bagel place that makes the world's best chocolate cake donuts. pm me if you want to sweeten your session a little . . .

I won't eat twinkies or any other pastry that is bigger than my equipment. It makes me feel bad.

Growing up in Australia, Twinkies were one of the symbols of America to us lol.

Never ate them myself

Do you guys remember Chocodiles???? They were the chocolate covered twinkies. Saw then in the store the other day, and can't believe as kids we ate all of those chemicals. ewwwwwww!!!!! Little Debbie for everyone now!:rolleyes:

oh don't worry yer perty li'l head, i'm sure some international bakery conglomerate will buy the brands and keep pumpin 'em out

Their problem is eating habits have changed because parents no longer let their children eat junk food. I used to get a cupcake in my lunch or as a snack until mealtime. Parents no longer apease kids with junk food.

This is why Sprouts and Whole Foods are expanding in this economy.

Shit... What the hell am I going to to now? Hostess has been a staple in my lunch box since I was in first grade! And those little chocolate doughnuts.

Better start hoarding!

Shit... What the hell am I going to to now? Hostess has been a staple in my lunch box since I was in first grade! And those little chocolate doughnuts.

Better start hoarding!

There is still Dolly Madison :)

My guess is that someone will buy the name out and start manufacturing all of the products again. Or the company will wait for the smoke to clear and start again.....probably non-union this time ;). I would miss those (strawberry) Zingers the most.......Yum.

image008.jpg

"oh don't worry yer perty li'l head, i'm sure some international bakery conglomerate will buy the brands and keep pumpin 'em out "

jinx, you owe me a coca-cola ghost

Sad to report and confirmed.

Just got back from 2 large chain grocery stores. Zero, zip, nada a single one left on shelves.

Either they cleared 'em or frantic foodophiles have cleaned the shelves.

I saw a group of housewives gathered about the shelves chatting about it & one even nearly in tears.

The old Twinkie factory is now Cleveland's largest bookstore. That's a good thing!

good news....I make Hostess Ding Dongs and Cupcakes from scratch. Oh yeah.

Crap! This is some depressing news! Now what the hell am I going to do with my Twinkie carrier? Yeah, I actually have one. It keeps those little rascals from getting squished in my backpack. I own pastry armor. What does that say about my dietary habits?

My body is a temple. :D

Crap! This is some depressing news! Now what the hell am I going to do with my Twinkie carrier? Yeah, I actually have one. It keeps those little rascals from getting squished in my backpack. I own pastry armor. What does that say about my dietary habits?

My body is a temple. :D

:D

twinkie-the-kid.jpg

Ahhh...the June Cleaver fantasy...and apron and high heels:D I'm not big on cupcakes...but I'm sure I can find something to eat;)

good news....I make Hostess Ding Dongs and Cupcakes from scratch. Oh yeah.

:D

twinkie-the-kid.jpg

LMAO! See? Poor bastard should have been wearing pastry armor! The trauma plate might have stopped that one!