Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyla Young

Which Drink Are You???

27 posts in this topic

HAD TO SHARE WHICH ONE ARE YOU? I PERSONALY LOVE WHITE RUSSIANS BUT BECAUSE I'M A PASTRY CHEF I LOVE DESSERTS....

What you order on a date can definitely send a signal, whether or not it’s one you’re conscious of. Sure, the list below is mainly full of generalizations, but there’s some truth to every stereotype…

Martini: If you’re a guy, you’re trying to impress (and it’s probably working). If you’re a girl drinking a dirty martini, you’re a hot mess: the dirtier, the messier, the hotter.

Vodka on the Rocks: Too self-conscious to actually order a martini.

White Russian: Obsessed with The Big Lebowski, and probably The Daily Show. Or, you just like to drink dessert.

Bud Light: You’re easy going, laid back, and at home at a sports bar. If you’re a girl, you know how to hang with the guys.

Stella Artois: You have no particular knowledge or affinity towards beer so you just order “Stella” cause it’s familiar.

Lillet/Campari/Aperol: You’re twee, and possibly like to throw around words like “mixology.”

Vodka Cranberry: When in doubt, you stick to what you drank in college.

White Wine: You’re definitely a woman. You’re possibly a little uptight.

Prosecco: You’re often a little uptight, but tonight you’re looking to party.

Whiskey, neat: You’re hot. Regardless of gender.

Jager: Secretly wishing you were hanging out with your buddies.

Vodka Gimlet: You’re a huge dork, but you hope sort of in a cool way?

Appletini: You’ve left the kids with a sitter and you’re ready to have fun!

Pimm’s Cup: You’re an Anglophile.

Old-Fashioned: Mad Men is your favorite show: you either want to be, or have sex with, Don Draper.

Margarita, on the rocks: You’ve decided to have a good time tonight.

Margarita, frozen: You’re in Cabo.

PBR: You’re drinking quickly on your way to a non-profit fundraiser, followed by a poetry reading in a former industrial warehouse.

Tequila Shots: You’re either getting laid, or just getting through it.

Long Island Iced Tea: You have a drinking problem.

A beer, while at a Cocktail Bar: Overprotective of your manhood or unadventurous.

A cocktail, while at a dive bar: Insufferable.

Which is yours :P

Kisses,

Kyla

Bud Light: You’re easy going, laid back, and at home at a sports bar. If you’re a girl, you know how to hang with the guys.

Whiskey, neat: You’re hot. Regardless of gender.

I'll take that! To be perfectly honest...I've drank all of these:o...but I'm least likely to drink white wine or Jager.

LOL long island ice tea used to love those. Crystal head vodka with whatever.

LOL thats awesome. I know a few people who fit the bill for some of those drinks too. I do know that the vodka cranberry was the drink in college, lol

I am not a drinking snob but I gave up beer a long time ago. It takes to long to fell the effects, makes me feel full and then I have to piss all night. I drink tequila straight up and a lime wedge is sometimes nice to chase it with. If there is no decent tequila around I will take a vodka or a Scotch. No ice, no fruit in my drink and please don't put it in a shot glass.

Haven't had a drink with alcohol in it since the 1970's, so what message does a diet coke send ?

I'm with JR on this. Alcohol has no nutritional value, makes my head hurt, dehydrates me, inspires me to act like Steve-o, and costs way more money than it's worth.

I'll stick to water. :)

I didn't make the list.

I am an Ice Cold Coors pulled out of a cooler sitting on the tailgate of my pickup in a sweltering, dusty, 100+ degree cornfield.

LOL

The wind playing through the blond hair framing my rugged face, my muscles rippling as I casually raise the bottle for another pull.....

Don't drink often but I will have Warsteiner Beer and a straight shot of tequilla.....eat, Drink, Repeat. Otherwise I will drink a Coca cola or water.

I'm a water. Pretty boring huh?:o

Captain and coke (pepsi).... Or Tom Collins with gin... Don't drink often

Straight Bourbon (Jim Beam Devils Cut), fill the mouth and swill it around until you can't stand the burn then swallow, chase with ice cold Budweiser (not the light crap). Feel it scorch the belly, yum.

Tried Long Island Ice Tea for the 1st time when I graduated college. Tasted so good, I had about 3 tall glasses full. Woke up 3 days later in a Tijuana saloon wearing womens clothes. Lesson learned.

:rolleyes:

Nahhh...not at all....totally with you on that one Destiny!

so what message does a diet coke send ?

I hope the message I send is: "I've had enough alcohol."

I'm with JR and others.

Over 20 years.

When I'm out, I'll have a soda water and bitters over rocks.

It's great for an upset stomach too.

used to drink beer, graduated to vodka but now just good tequila

vodka and orange juice : screwdriver

tequila and orange juice : SCREW YOU

Destiny, the last word that comes to mind with you is boring :D

I'm a martini when I go out, but at home its whiskey neat. Does that mean I'm only hot when I'm home :confused:

I'm with JR and others.

Over 20 years.

When I'm out, I'll have a soda water and bitters over rocks.

It's great for an upset stomach too.

Ditto 10 + for me! :)

I guess I am considered hot. I am a whiskey drinker. But I want to clarify this statement, lest some get the idea-lush. The key to enjoying a good spirit is -drink good quality and in moderation. Know your limits.

When growing up on a farm in the mid-west;my father taught me a valuble lesson that has served me well through-out my life. He insisted that if I was going to drink, I was going to learn from him how to do it proper. And I am from a very-long line of irish whiskey drinkers.

Sure he let me do as most teen-agers will do-overdrink. Now I thought I was hot shit sitting at the kitchen table, drinking with his-self, dear old dad. The last thing I remember is he was holding my head up out of the toilet as I tried to send my guts up.

Moving on to the next day. Sick does not describe the way I felt. But that was not the end. Dear old dad said, "girl lets have a drink". This time he brought out the good stuff. It was Crown Royal. The night before-jimmy Beam. He then said" D___, if your going to drink, do it with grace. Drink good whiskey, leave the piss to the fools. Now, I was turning green at the mere thought. But dear old dad, he knew now was the time to hone in the facts of drinking whiskey. He poored two nice Crowns on the rocks and then taught me the nuances of drinking spirits. Surprisingly to me-it tasted good, and I did not get try to send my guts up. Then he did the sort of birds and b's talk with me, his second daughter and the one most like him. He said ,'always drink good whiskey, enjoy the flavor, roll it around your mouth, and sip it-always". Etch that in stone- the man came from a long, long, line of irish. All of whom where known whiskey drinkers of some repute. He also stated that while everyone else is doing shots of piss whiskey, that I continue to enjoy my good stuff-sipping it. Everyone else gets totally polluted, I am cognizant, and still well liked by all who came in contact with me that night-the next day.

One more daddyism I want to share- He said "don't trust the condom, your here. So I am on earth because the condom broke. But I think it was just me being determined to be here-living.:o

So people- there it is. You can be a known whiskey drinker. And not be a lush. And I can honestly say I would be humiliated if I were to get a DUI today. I know my limits, and I enjoy a good whiskey. My current fave is a single -malt. RedBreast-irish import.

Thanks ,dad. RIP

this was a great post - the 'message' you send by what you drink. i used to tend bar in college, so i had pretty much the pick of the litter, alcohol-wise. after a fair bit of sampling, my choice became johnny walker black on ice. smooth and tastes great. otherwise, whenever i treat myself to a good single malt scotch, i always drink it with just the barest dash of water to release the flavor. never had a drinking problem so i imbibe in moderation.

altho i've had too much of some liquor in the past that i've permantntly sworn off 'em: southern comfort, gin, tequila.

There is a drink called a "Richard Simmons" it is a "blow job" with a splash of diet coke. That is not me though, I stay high and dry, and prefer a BC Blueberry :D

Well...maybe it's the water in the bourbon that makes people hot.;)

Some people don't like alcohol...some people like it too much. I don't respect everyone's choice to drink...but I'll respect anyone's choice not to.

Personally...I love to tie one on...but the schedule my life dictates won't seem to afford me time to follow a path of self destruction. Looks like I'll end up putting this off til retirement too.:(

Craft beer. IPA's, Porters, Stouts.

Limited on the Belgium's and Sours. They mess me up the next day after 2 of them.

Yes Jez, Crown and Coke ;)

I like to think of myself as a dirty sheirly...

Sweet but hard enough to get me were I need to be!!

Thanks for all the replies. Let me clarify I don't drink very often. In fact hardly every. Those of you that have met me know I don't drink. I am a pepsi and water girl all the way.

But I thought this was a fun topic and wasn't meant to be serious. I'll look and see if I can find one that works for non-alcoholic drinks since it seems I picked the wrong one lol

Kisses,

Kyla