Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2Big

Providers, Why Do You Photoshop Your Pics (And Include "Un-Photoshopped Ones As Well)

21 posts in this topic

There is a "prominent" provider, who posts here 45 times a day, who includes photoshopped pictures in her galleries of mugshots.

Not surprisingly, the comparison is most unflattering and the "un-photoshopped" ones come up short (and then some).:cool:

My question is: what is the rationale behind photoshopping your pick?

As soon as the John opens the door, the truth is evident. You can't photoshop your real live face and body.

I'm sure if a girl doesn't look like her photos it will be evident in her reviews...;)

Thanks for the morning laugh. That must be the reason to stick in a non photoshopped picture so they can say it in the reviews even though the rest are all heavily photoshopped.

I will tell you right now why I post Photoshoped photos alongside non Photoshoped photos. It's very simple. Because I can.;)

I like my Photoshoped photos. I like my non-Photoshoped photos. I have nothing to hide. I am who I am and I am secure with that, whether you like me or not is irrelevant.

Maybe you are not aware, but this industry is a free-market industry. In a free-market industry the consumer accompanied with supply and demand dictates, not some jackass that complains and criticizes everything that everybody does but admittedly does not partake in that industry. You are just a bystander. Your complaints and criticisms mean nothing.:cool:

Thank you for posting this. I look forward to going back and forth with you as many times as needed in this matter, so that I can get my advertising information on the board as much as you would like to see it!

Have a great day!:)

I will tell you right now why I post Photoshoped photos alongside non Photoshoped photos. It's very simple. Because I can.;)

I like my Photoshoped photos. I like my non-Photoshoped photos. I have nothing to hide. I am who I am and I am secure with that, whether you like me or not is irrelevant.

Maybe you are not aware, but this industry is a free-market industry. In a free-market industry the consumer accompanied with supply and demand dictates, not some jackass that complains and criticizes everything that everybody does but admittedly does not partake in that industry. You are just a bystander. Your complaints and criticisms mean nothing.:cool:

Thank you for posting this. I look forward to going back and forth with you as many times as needed in this matter, so that I can get my advertising information on the board as much as you would like to see it!

I also use photoshopped photos. I do this for the purpose of concealing my Tattoos and other things that can be identifying to the people that may know me in the out side world.

Plus it makes the photos very appealing to the eye!

Does the Whopper and fries you take home in the bag to open and eat ALWAYS look exactly like it does in the fancy comercials and pics on the ads? Is it as loaded with cheese, lettuce, and tomato,with a soft fluffy bun and piled as high on a fancy glass plate you see, wrapped in the paper wrapper? Do the fries always come as piled high as they look in the ad? I don't think so, but it's still tastes good and is the same damn thing, and you still wanna buy it and take a bite.

Do people go into Satrbucks complaining if their coffee doesn't have the whipped cream and sprinkles piled on exactly the same at the posters in the drive-thru? Doubt it.

It's marketing and advertising. It's artistic. It's all over the place. Everyone makes their product look appealing. I think she has great reviews and looks exactly like her pics. The clients arn't complaining.

Does the Whopper and fries you take home in the bag to open and eat ALWAYS look exactly like it does in the fancy comercials and pics on the ads? Is it as loaded with cheese, lettuce, and tomato,with a soft fluffy bun and piled as high on a fancy glass plate you see, wrapped in the paper wrapper? Do the fries always come as piled high as they look in the ad? I don't think so, but it's still tastes good and is the same damn thing, and you still wanna buy it and take a bite.

Do people go into Satrbucks complaining if their coffee doesn't have the whipped cream and sprinkles piled on exactly the same at the posters in the drive-thru? Doubt it.

Nice.

Works until this happens:

:cool:

Most professional photographers photoshop the raw images into a higher quality; taking them to magizine quality. Hue, saturation, zoom, crop, smoothing ect can make things so much prettier... And I love both of my photographers <3

Excessive photoshopping is probably the issue that your really talking about, like cutting 10-20 lbs of tummy out of the picture? I don't agree with that either, but each to their own.

I wish more girls here had professional pics<3

And no girl is interested in seeing that kinda whiny pessimist either. He doesn't look like he is ever happy with anything...just saying.

Ok, I have to throw this in here. I am reading a bit of hypocrisy from the op. The op has stated many times here about his views on how we girls market ourselves. He basically said in more ways then one that we ladies should take Marketing 101.

You do not have to be a business major to know that all advertising photos for one purpose only-to put the best available light on the product being marketed. It's sort of a golden rule in marketing principles.

And while you can completly change things around in photo shop, (think of putting the horses head on his ass,and tail vice versa), with model pics nothing is that extreme. Minor skin imperfections, clearing up the whites of the eyes due to flash;teeth tend to look not so bright in pics ; hair smoothing, etc. Tis is more the norm. We still look like who we are.

So why bitch, op? Is this to poke jabs at providers again? You have a bad habit of trying to blow smoke up our asses publicly. Why? Maybe a therapist can bringh out those issues to you and help you clear them up. Sort of a -photo shop on your pysche. Jus' kidding, I am sure you catch the intended imply of my response. Get over it,. its marketing 101 plain and simple.:rolleyes:

I don't photoshop my pics, ever.

bevjedi.small

Seriously, I've actually had photographers "airbrush" too much, and had to go back and put a few wrinkles back in.

Photoshopping should show me in my best light, but still look like me. I want clients to say "wow, you look better than your photos!" when they arrive -- rather than complain in a review that I don't look like my pics.

That said, I also like to include some "candid" pics, because I think it's good to see me in all my various permutations. If you're doing an overnight appointment, for example, I may not look my very best at 6am. :)

The more photos, the more variation, the better. Based on my download record, I'd say all of the photos on my site, professional and amateur, are popular. Every man likes something different.

And I agree with Jez -- 2Big, much as I adore you, you're being quite trollish with this one. You are always a proponent of good professional pics.

xxxooo

Yoda Bev ;-*

[snip, the pic with your glasses looks better! ;)]

Seriously, I've actually had photographers "airbrush" too much, and had to go back and put a few wrinkles back in.

Photoshopping should show me in my best light, but still look like me. I want clients to say "wow, you look better than your photos!" when they arrive -- rather than complain in a review that I don't look like my pics.

That said, I also like to include some "candid" pics, because I think it's good to see me in all my various permutations. If you're doing an overnight appointment, for example, I may not look my very best at 6am. :)

The more photos, the more variation, the better. Based on my download record, I'd say all of the photos on my site, professional and amateur, are popular. Every man likes something different.

And I agree with Jez -- 2Big, much as I adore you, you're being quite trollish with this one. You are always a proponent of good professional pics.

xxxooo

Yoda Bev ;-*

The bold part is really the only thing I can dispute in this post...

bevjedi.small

I Love this pik Bev....:D

~I don't have Photoshop either, I use another program that changes the color, size, add's Watermarks, Borders and adds my photo's to other photo's, and makes them move or blink(I can't use the blink one-I don't show my face). Every-one of my photo's is me like it or not, and I use all that I like. Most of mine a client took in session so I have to be able to crop out things in the back(It might be at his place..:))

I Love my photo's...:P

~"Biggy-boy" if your trying to trash me.."go 4 it"

You couldn't find a way to bother me ever, even If I gave you two hands and a map..:eek:

......................as you were told, "Because I Can!"

Have a good day peeps...It's Beautiful outside.

+10 ....Thank you for us all that have nada to hide Dest!

There is a "prominent" provider, who posts here 45 times a day, who includes photoshopped pictures in her galleries of mugshots.

Not surprisingly, the comparison is most unflattering and the "un-photoshopped" ones come up short (and then some).:cool:

As soon as the John opens the door, the truth is evident. You can't photoshop your real live face and body.

http://www.eccie.net/providers.php?do=view&id=23782

ALOT of ladies will mention it in their ads when it comes to this subject to avoid this exact thread..Just take a peek...you will see what I mean, it just makes things easier for everyone in the end;)

Lie. There is not a user on the board the posts 45 times per day. Provider or otherwise.

The rest of your claims are just as exaggerated and unsubstantiated. :cool:

I have some edited pics. Photos i made brighter or turned black and white or just did some fun stuff to for shits and giggles or I air brushed a blemished off my face. You can still tell its me and I have enough untouched pics to compare to. So what if a girl has a little fun with her pics, do you really think models in magazines look that way?

I don't have photoshop either. At times I wish I could photoshop out my tats, but damn that would be a shocker to the client so it's okay with me. I can put a watermark on my photos but that's about it. I did have pro photos taken once, but no photoshop on those, nor do i wear much makeup, in real life and in photos. I don't like makeup and don't feel I really need it. A good camera does make a big difference, as does nice lighting though. What you see is what you get for better or worse lol.

I just had my 3rd photoshoot today and I use my proofs for ads. To my photographer it's all about lighting. However we will probably add some nice airbrush touches (subtle) when I build a site. So I second Sophia.

At times I wish I could photoshop out my tats, but damn that would be a shocker to the client so it's okay with me.

:)