TrystinTrimble

It is SILLY how stuck-up cheap hotels are!

10 posts in this topic

So, I rented a room that was approx 50 per night for a couple days. Ya know, cause money was tight this week. I get there. And they want to hold 200 "for incidentals!" I'm talking a fairly run down place with weird smells and a couple of dubious people trying to befriend all their neighbors. They didn't sell ANYTHING or have a sundry. Carpet was threadbare. There was literally nothing left to ruin in this place. Pool was all but boarded up! I checked out today (they were up my butt at 11 am SHARP), and they tell me that it'll be returned to me in 5 to 7 business days. As if!

Rented a new one for like 120 a day, and it's way nicer...has a pool and hottub which are clean. Very pretty and clean carpet. Smells wonderful. Has a happy hour that nice business travelers will attend and mingle. No cameras pointed at every single room door. Has a little store to buy stuff you forgot or grab a White Claw (no thanks). Their hold was like...15% of the amount the shitty place yanked from my account. Seriously like 30 or 40, that's it. And I can check out at NOON.

Id much rather spend the money on the better room than have the shitty place holding that much to insure against the possibility I will somehow make the place shittier than it already is. Duh!

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Here, y'all...have a free toothy grin!

There is a chance that they do not have the cash flow to immediately return your deposit.  PERHAPS they are collection interest in your 200.  Sucks that there are businesses like that but they are  cheap.  

From your description it may be possible that the cheap hotel experiences a higher rate of theft/damage, etc. The higher deposit may be a  way for them to discourage that or to offset their expense. 

On 10/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, sb1212 said:

From your description it may be possible that the cheap hotel experiences a higher rate of theft/damage, etc. The higher deposit may be a  way for them to discourage that or to offset their expense. 

My guess is that they do it to discourage riff raff (people who cant afford more than a day and people who are down to their last match) from staying there. Id imagine they assume that those types don't have the kind of cash that can be tied up for several days.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:05 PM, TrystinTrimble said:

So, I rented a room that was approx 50 per night for a couple days. Ya know, cause money was tight this week. I get there. And they want to hold 200 "for incidentals!" I'm talking a fairly run down place with weird smells and a couple of dubious people trying to befriend all their neighbors. They didn't sell ANYTHING or have a sundry. Carpet was threadbare. There was literally nothing left to ruin in this place. Pool was all but boarded up! I checked out today (they were up my butt at 11 am SHARP), and they tell me that it'll be returned to me in 5 to 7 business days. As if!

Rented a new one for like 120 a day, and it's way nicer...has a pool and hottub which are clean. Very pretty and clean carpet. Smells wonderful. Has a happy hour that nice business travelers will attend and mingle. No cameras pointed at every single room door. Has a little store to buy stuff you forgot or grab a White Claw (no thanks). Their hold was like...15% of the amount the shitty place yanked from my account. Seriously like 30 or 40, that's it. And I can check out at NOON.

Id much rather spend the money on the better room than have the shitty place holding that much to insure against the possibility I will somehow make the place shittier than it already is. Duh!

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I often stay at a shitty hotel for work.  Enough that I get to the the housekeepers.  They have some crazy stuff going on.  Homeless man living in the supply closet, ID theft/meth dealing based in a room, weekly trashed rooms, numerous poorly trained pets and the occasional smoker in a room.  All that was from the last 6 months.  It's a little higher scale than the places off Quebec, but not by much.  I think people staying in more expensive hotels probably aren't as prone (for whatever reason) to ruining a room.

The meth ring room is still closed due to decontamination and police reasons.

My cat laps up CBD oil for pets like he has a stack of pancakes with maple syrup. I am sorry for both of you staying in Shitty hotel rooms. It creeps me out to think about what could be going on. At night I hear the police helicopters flying over my home!  That’s bad enough for me! 

On 11/8/2023 at 5:49 PM, BuddhistPunk said:

I often stay at a shitty hotel for work.  Enough that I get to the the housekeepers.  They have some crazy stuff going on.  Homeless man living in the supply closet, ID theft/meth dealing based in a room, weekly trashed rooms, numerous poorly trained pets and the occasional smoker in a room.  All that was from the last 6 months.  It's a little higher scale than the places off Quebec, but not by much.  I think people staying in more expensive hotels probably aren't as prone (for whatever reason) to ruining a room.

The meth ring room is still closed due to decontamination and 

On 10/19/2023 at 5:05 PM, TrystinTrimble said:

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Girl this is why it I don't have a Marriott & Hilton discount I don't even travel. I ain't staying anywhere, makes my damn skin crawl. I have noticed some high end hotels are noisy, want high deposit and not too clean either. I stayed at a Springhill suites by Marriott girl they wanted $200 deposit, doors was locked all day and they had security. Got to the room and it was so trashy. I only paid $57 on my Marriott discount but never again.

I hate crappy hotels for this reason exactly. They’re always asking the most. Personally, I have found that Hyatt hotels are actually very reasonable and the deposit I’ve paid has always been $50 at any of them, at least in the last couple of years. 

I have input and tips on this for anyone who'd like to discuss. I do have helpful ideas and info to share.  ☆  🥃  🚿   🏊🏼‍♂️  

titanium.jpg

Ues a Credit Card and you get the deposit back after check out like in a day or so

Debit Card can take 5- 7 working days no matter the type of hotel /motel

I only stay at large chain hotels .. 

Most large chain hotels are 50$ a night but I have paid 100 a night 

Edited by lustybustygina