Savoir Faire

Sprinkler Start Up

55 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2023 at 2:15 AM, Kaduk said:

have you tried the zone manually

Yes that was the first thing I tried. 

14 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

The valves can also get plugged or partially plugged.  Not the main water flow, but the little tiny path that actually actuates the valve.   Usually the solenoid just screws on and if you take that off, you can look in and see if a small piece of debris is partially covering the little tube.  It could cause the main valve to not get enough pressure to open fully.  The same effect could happen if the solenoid is weak.  Solenoids do eventually go bad and it should be easy and relatively cheap to replace.

Hmmm, I didn't think about taking off the solenoid because it basically sounds like all the other zones, meaning I can hear it. Good advice, I will add that to my list and if I am still having the problem, LOL I am calling in for LANDSCAPE RELIEF....................

Every time I go out to work on my sprinklers I have to stop and come in because of all the rain. At this rate my lawn is never going to get watered. 😫

47 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

Every time I go out to work on my sprinklers I have to stop and come in because of all the rain. At this rate my lawn is never going to get watered. 😫

Good problem to have...

On 5/31/2023 at 8:14 AM, Mustang87 said:

M87 I know the feeling. I am not going to complain at all because we all know come late July and early August, we are going to wish we had all this rain vs a high water bill from watering the grass. 

On 5/31/2023 at 8:14 AM, Mustang87 said:

You can actually install a water sensor so the sprinklers so the sprinklers won't turn on for a few days after it rains.  

43 minutes ago, tide32 said:

You can actually install a water sensor so the sprinklers so the sprinklers won't turn on for a few days after it rains.  

Very true, and a good point. I've thought about putting those in the last couple of years. But, in the interest of full disclosure, I had my tongue at least part way into my cheek when I made that post. Have a great weekend. Looks like more rain. 😂😂😂

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grass is absolutely BEAUTIFUL......................I walked past my IRRIGATION CONTROLLER and it said "SYSTEM OFF" LOL. I was thankful it doesn't work while its a raining outside...................... Now its time to tackle all the WEEDS that have popped up from all of this rain................Ughhhh

I had a new sprinkler system installed, don't know why. I have not even used it yet.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:15 AM, wglide2003 said:

I had a new sprinkler system installed, don't know why. I have not even used it yet.

Wow...................... Did you check to make sure EVERYTHING is in good working order yet? Laughing at my own damn self because I haven't even fully checked/troubleshooted mine because of the amount of rain we keep getting. My grass looks nice and healthy, so I have totally put off messing with it. 

lol

I can't believe you guys are geeking out on sprinklers and kentucky bluegrass on this site!  I mean, WTF? You're fixated on THAT???

Listen - take a break and jump on over to the listings section!  Get your priorities straight fellas!

Edited by lintlizard

I'm running my sprinklers right now. I think it's important to get some water on the lawn when possible throughout the winter. Not all the zones. Just the ones that get the most sun. I'll probably run them again tomorrow, then drain them again before the cold comes back in Friday.

On 12/5/2023 at 3:17 PM, Mustang87 said:

I'm running my sprinklers right now. I think it's important to get some water on the lawn when possible throughout the winter. Not all the zones. Just the ones that get the most sun. I'll probably run them again tomorrow, then drain them again before the cold comes back in Friday.

I ran them again today.

On 6/20/2023 at 7:45 PM, lintlizard said:

lol

I can't believe you guys are geeking out on sprinklers and kentucky bluegrass on this site!  I mean, WTF? You're fixated on THAT???

Listen - take a break and jump on over to the listings section!  Get your priorities straight fellas!

LL I cannot tell a lie but I would stop investing in pussy before I would on my irrigation system LOL....................... 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:17 PM, Mustang87 said:

That's a good idea. I hose watered all my trees and shrubs this last weekend because it has been so dry. Too much work to turn back on the drip irrigation system for me though. Tonight? it's snowing like a bitch! lol

I detached my hose two weeks ago! Super cold outside! I will wait until late spring to fire it up again! @sparkey600 stay warm! I pass hot coco to everyone! 🧑🏻‍🎄

On 12/8/2023 at 9:57 PM, sparkey600 said:

That's a good idea. I hose watered all my trees and shrubs this last weekend because it has been so dry. Too much work to turn back on the drip irrigation system for me though. Tonight? it's snowing like a bitch! lol

I can drain my system in about 5 minutes. Guess I'd better get on that, huh? 🤣🤣🤣☃️

7 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I can drain my system in about 5 minutes. Guess I'd better get on that, huh? 🤣🤣🤣☃️

Yep, you'd do best to hurry bud!

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Yep, you'd do best to hurry bud!

It's been too cold the last couple of days, but I should be able to get to it tomorrow.

Dude, get after it for sure! The ground is a way away from freezing pipes, but you never know with our Bipolar weather what's going to happen next!

Hope you have a great weekend! Me? Doing some Xmas shopping for our neighbors buying lots of wine! ha ha ha!

Was going to run them today, then looked at the forecast for later in the week. :eek:

Posted (edited)

I did garden clean up this weekend. My bulbs are starting to sprout and I am very excited! Tiger lillys, stargazers, gladiolus, daffodils, tulips as well as some other flowers starting to come up!!! 😍

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

6 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

My bulbs are starting to sprout and I am extremely excited 😍

Make sure you put sunscreen on your bulbs so they don’t get sunburned……

10 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Make sure you put sunscreen on your bulbs so they don’t get sunburned……

Got to be safe! 😂😂

On 3/25/2024 at 1:31 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I did garden clean up this weekend. My bulbs are starting to sprout and I am very excited! Tiger lillys, stargazers, gladiolus, daffodils, tulips as well as some other flowers starting to come up!!! 😍

You're garden is beautiful! Love all of our precocious plants!