Savoir Faire

DO YOU LOOK UP TO ANYONE/ANYTHING

20 posts in this topic

Is there ANYONE/ANYTHING that you CURRENTLY look up too? I am not talking about people or things that are taller than you, I am referencing people or things that you TRUST their word and for the most part, they have NEVER/EVER let you down......................

I've got a group friends who have never let me down (for the most part).  I trust them with a lot, and they trust me the same.  I guess you could say I look "up" to them, but mostly we look across at each other and do the "iron sharpens iron" routine.  I look up to my mom and dad (RIP) who even though they had flaws, were very consistent throughout their lives.  I have been very blessed with outstanding role models and buddies.  

It's not their fault...  ;) 

I look up to every companion who treats me to CG and RCG......😁.

(Sorry....I was born a smartass and have refined the art through many years of practice...)

There are too many folks to mention.  I've admired some people at various jobs, some with regard to their spirituality, some because of their kindness and being non-judgemental.  Many have changed my life for the better...because of who they are and how they life their lives.

On 2/15/2023 at 8:55 PM, CountryGentleman said:

I've got a group friends who have never let me down (for the most part).  I trust them with a lot, and they trust me the same.  I guess you could say I look "up" to them, but mostly we look across at each other and do the "iron sharpens iron" routine.  I look up to my mom and dad (RIP) who even though they had flaws, were very consistent throughout their lives.  I have been very blessed with outstanding role models and buddies.  

It's not their fault...  ;) 

Country Gent having FRIENDS that have your back and haven't let you down is SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL. The reason I know this is because I have the same exact thing as you. Everybody in this WORLD has FLAWS it just depends on how well ONE HIDES THEM from the PUBLIC. I am glad that you listed your parents Bro........ I am so sick of people not giving their PARENTS any credit these days......... 

On 2/15/2023 at 9:49 PM, sb1212 said:

I look up to every companion who treats me to CG and RCG......😁.

(Sorry....I was born a smartass and have refined the art through many years of practice...)

SB12 that was funny..................... Thanks for warning me of your smartass behavior LOL...................This girl just sent me a text asking if I am still cumming over and I am going to tell her, look this guy I know looks up to providers who do him in CG/RCG........................Do you think you can help me to be just like him? 

14 hours ago, average1 said:

There are too many folks to mention.  I've admired some people at various jobs, some with regard to their spirituality, some because of their kindness and being non-judgemental.  Many have changed my life for the better...because of who they are and how they life their lives.

AVG as long as you have all those folks stored in your memory bank, that is going to stick with you for life. Anytime someone or people can change one's life for the better its such a BLESSING in my eyes, especially if that change has made you a better person. 

On 2/15/2023 at 8:36 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Is there ANYONE/ANYTHING that you CURRENTLY look up too? I am not talking about people or things that are taller than you, I am referencing people or things that you TRUST their word and for the most part, they have NEVER/EVER let you down......................

My Mom….

My daughter is the stabling force in my life. When all else fails. My baby will give me a call and we will laugh about something for hours! 

10 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

My Mom….

Did you by chance adopt any of your Mom's qualities/behaviors/ways of life??????????????

To Savoir Faire-

For me, in order to look up to someone; admire, have respect for, cherish, honor..... etc..... you need to be in that person's life. You need to be involved with that individual(not necessarily on a daily basis), but certainly over the course of time. 

I believe it is easier to admire someone when they are consistent..... they are the same person at work, home, school, out in public- heck! even in the bedroom(wink). When a person you respect stays consistent, you know how they will react with bad news, good news, hardships, trials,  anything that may happen to them.

My father will always have my heart and admiration. He was a very different man growing up compared to the man I knew as an adult.  

Life had worn on my father, but instead of becoming bitter, angry, resentful, blaming others- he took ownership of his attitude and life. He actually became more compassionate, more generous, more grateful, more loving than the dad I knew(or thought I knew) growing up. 

My dad's consistency in his work, home, personal life, friendships, etc. were what made me have the utmost respect for him.

23 hours ago, Steve Rogers said:

To Savoir Faire-

For me, in order to look up to someone; admire, have respect for, cherish, honor..... etc..... you need to be in that person's life. You need to be involved with that individual(not necessarily on a daily basis), but certainly over the course of time. 

I believe it is easier to admire someone when they are consistent..... they are the same person at work, home, school, out in public- heck! even in the bedroom(wink). When a person you respect stays consistent, you know how they will react with bad news, good news, hardships, trials,  anything that may happen to them.

My father will always have my heart and admiration. He was a very different man growing up compared to the man I knew as an adult.  

Life had worn on my father, but instead of becoming bitter, angry, resentful, blaming others- he took ownership of his attitude and life. He actually became more compassionate, more generous, more grateful, more loving than the dad I knew(or thought I knew) growing up. 

My dad's consistency in his work, home, personal life, friendships, etc. were what made me have the utmost respect for him.

Like you my father is the one I look up to.   He was kind gentle and fair but also an excellent disciplinarian.  He taught me how to be a person and to appreciate many things in life.  He had and excellent piece of advice that I try to do.   He said learn something new everyday even if it just the color of your socks.   I only hope that I can be half the person he was.   I miss him!

On 2/25/2023 at 9:12 PM, Steve Rogers said:

To Savoir Faire-

Mr Rogers I love hearing when MEN respect or give credit to other MEN, especially FATHERS. Fathers do not seem to get the credit that they deserve these days in my opinion because of these boys that others think are MEN (NOT). I would like to SALUTE you for doing just that. 

10 hours ago, coolhand luke said:

Like you my father is the one I look up to.   He was kind gentle and fair but also an excellent disciplinarian.  He taught me how to be a person and to appreciate many things in life.  He had and excellent piece of advice that I try to do.   He said learn something new everyday even if it just the color of your socks.   I only hope that I can be half the person he was.   I miss him!

Luke Jackson what did you learn new today or this past week? Are you half the person your Dad was yet? As a kid the individuals that stood out the most in my life were all DISCIPLINARIANS.........................Such an UNDERRATED trait...........................This is why the MILITARY is so effective......................If you go to the MILITARY and you don't get anything out of going, LOL you most likely didn't get any DISCIPLINE growing up..........

My uncle Joe. He was a pentecostal preacher and the only person, in my life, who lived what he believed. 

On 2/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, tide32 said:

My uncle Joe. He was a pentecostal preacher and the only person, in my life, who lived what he believed. 

My hat is off to Uncle Joe.........................Did he inspire you to live the way you believe as well? 

Thanks for your input...................

On 2/15/2023 at 8:36 PM, Savoir Faire said:

My Mom….

8 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

My Mom….

Awesome, its hard not to love these women we call MOM.................