Newoldbull

Colorado College football

13 posts in this topic

To all you college football fans in Colorado. What do you think bringing Primetime to Colorado will do. It remains to be seen but I think it will work. He has a lot of Star power on the recruiting trail and I think he will do well given time. Anyway I thought it might be a interesting topic to us diehard football fans.

To those who don't knowK9 Primetime is "Deion Sanders" He was a standout defensive back in college and NFL for years. And he has a very entertaining personality. He coached at Jackson State and made a turnaround of that program though its not in the Pac 12

Many are watching and hoping with Coach Prime that CU will make a big turnaround, but it will take some time.

Already getting 5 star recruits committing to CU. His son looks like he is a very good quarterback. Prime time will make the up coming seasons interesting. 

Sanders is a Great Hire that is sure. What is just as big, in many ways even bigger then the Sanders hire, is that CU is now allowing waivers for the transfer portal, is now accepting almost all classes from transfers and is finally allowing early acceptance for athletes.  HUGE in recruiting!!!  

80% of success in College football is recruiting. If you get the right guys,  you have a shot (not a guarantee) to be successful. Get the wrong guys and you have no shot. Sanders has shown he can recruit AND coach. Seems like a great hire, although I don't know why he would choose CU over some other programs in the south.  Maybe he can double up with baseball like did in his playing days and coach the Rockies too...

If nothing else, he'll bring excitement to what has been a ho-hum last 20 years in CU football.  I'm not a Buffalos' fan, and it'll be fun to watch!

I will definitely renew my CU season football tickets next year. I’ll have to find a provider that likes CU games. 

If nothing else, his hire brings renewed excitement to CU football...at least in the beginning.

Since the Broncos are going downhill have gotten some Prime Time, CU shirts. Also ordered a gold neck chain, figured you had to have a gold chain to wear with the Prime Time shirts. 😁😁

4 hours ago, geecue2 said:

Since the Broncos are going downhill have gotten some Prime Time, CU shirts. Also ordered a gold neck chain, figured you had to have a gold chain to wear with the Prime Time shirts. 😁😁

I recall a Sports Illustrated cover  article from 35+ yrs ago (I think he was still in college) in which Prime discussed  his love for "jewray" (magazine's spelling quoting Deion).  As such, your gold chain is a great idea. 

Update/correction: 1989 was his rookie season for Atlanta. SI article was Nov. 1989.