Savoir Faire

Crock Pot

83 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, tide32 said:

Glad ya did. It's nice to say something and not get hammered. For once I enjoyed looking to see what "everyone" had to add to the thread. Thank You!!!

Tide you took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't have agreed with you no less than 100 percent X 10........................

3 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

M&M that is a wonderful idea. Make it happen.......................................

😂😂😂 yeah party planning is notttttttt in my wheel house... but I'll bring extra food 😂😂😂

I have a rather large, oval shaped crock pot made by All Clad.  I purchased this type because it has a removable metal "liner".  This was important to me because you can remove the liner, put it on the stove and brown the protein.  After that just pick it up (it has handles), drop it in the crock pot heating element add additional Ingredientes and set it and forget it.

I most often use it to make pot roast:

1 large pot roast; 3 carrots (sliced into 1/2-inch rounds; 2 celery stalks (chopped); one large onion (peeled and cut into wedges); 1 can chopped tomatoes; one package of Lipton onion soup mix; one small can of beef broth; 10 or so small red potatoes; + any additional veggies you might like.

I season the roast with seasoned salt and coat with flour.  I heat the pot crock liner on the stove, add a bit of olive oil and brown the roast.  Deglaze the liner with the beef broth, toss the veggies in the liner, set it in the crock pot and turn it on low for 8 hours.

I usually serve with hot biscuits (from a can or frozen) - my biscuit game is weak. 

32 minutes ago, Necron 99 said:

I have a rather large, oval shaped crock pot made by All Clad.  I purchased this type because it has a removable metal "liner".  This was important to me because you can remove the liner, put it on the stove and brown the protein.  After that just pick it up (it has handles), drop it in the crock pot heating element add additional Ingredientes and set it and forget it.

1 large pot roast; 3 carrots (sliced into 1/2-inch rounds; 2 celery stalks (chopped); one large onion (peeled and cut into wedges); 1 can chopped tomatoes; one package of Lipton onion soup mix; one small can of beef broth; 10 or so small red potatoes; + any additional veggies you might like.

I season the roast with seasoned salt and coat with flour.  I heat the pot crock liner on the stove, add a bit of olive oil and brown the roast.  Deglaze the liner with the beef broth, toss the veggies in the liner, set it in the crock pot and turn it on low for 8 hours.

I usually serve with hot biscuits (from a can or frozen) - my biscuit game is weak. 

The frozen Pillsbury biscuits are pretty delicious and comparable to homemade. 

On 11/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

😂😂😂 yeah party planning is notttttttt in my wheel house... but I'll bring extra food 😂😂😂

M&M if you ever want to do it, I have the perfect guy who could pull this off. LOL, he doesn't even know that I am nominating him either but from what I know, he's a Top Notch Fella...................................

51 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

M&M if you ever want to do it, I have the perfect guy who could pull this off. LOL, he doesn't even know that I am nominating him either but from what I know, he's a Top Notch Fella...................................

😂😂😂 just like a man to volunteer someone else to do work without their knowledge! 

On 11/18/2022 at 7:54 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

😂😂😂 just like a man to volunteer someone else to do work without their knowledge! 

M&M its a RESPECT/GROWN MAN THANG when you have that type of RELATIONSHIP with a person that you know is better at something than you are............ Now don't get me wrong, I could handle the situation without any problems but my list is going to be a house full of women and maybe just one MALE LOL. Let me know what you would like, this post/topic would not be as popular if not for your input. Its your call..........................................

3 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

M&M its a RESPECT/GROWN MAN THANG when you have that type of RELATIONSHIP with a person that you know is better at something than you are............ Now don't get me wrong, I could handle the situation without any problems but my list is going to be a house full of women and maybe just one MALE LOL. Let me know what you would like, this post/topic would not be as popular if not for your input. Its your call..........................................

Let's revisit this after the holidays! 

On 11/15/2022 at 3:52 PM, Kaduk said:

Peter Parker's Uncle

Sorry, I don’t get out much and seldom watch TV 🥺 Audible is more my gig for personal entertainment. 
Thank you, 
@Kaduk

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 11/20/2022 at 8:47 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

Let's revisit this after the holidays! 

Your wish is my commend..............

On 11/10/2022 at 9:43 AM, Bit Banger said:

Put me down as an Instapot fan.  I could never get beans or rice to cook properly at altitude. 24 hrs in a slow cooker and they were still hard.  With the pressure cooker this is not an issue.  Mine even has delayed start, so set it up, go shopping, and come home to a prepared meal.

I have sandwich baggies with dehydrated veggies, spices, etc.  Just add meat & water, and Bob’s your uncle.

We love our Instantpot as well. Frozen meat to eating in a half hour or so. So Convenient for sure!

On 11/20/2022 at 4:54 AM, Savoir Faire said:

What? Did you just go off the rails on a post you started? Or am I reading this wrong?

Hong Kong to Godzilla???? WTF?

On 11/17/2022 at 11:59 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

The frozen Pillsbury biscuits are pretty delicious and comparable to homemade. 

Agreed! They are YUMMY!

On 11/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, Necron 99 said:

That sounds really good to me! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I'm going to try it!

I'm back with another non crock pot recipe that is a holiday MUST in the South.

Slushy punch.

2 3oz packages of strawberry jello

9 cups of water

4 cups of sugar

4 cups of water

2 46oz cans of pineapple juice

16 Oz of lemon juice.

2 bottles of ginger ale or sprite

(Can be made alcoholic, but I don't drink)

Boil 9 cups of water. Add jello set aside.

Dissolve 4 cups of sugar in 4 cups of boiling water

Cool slightly. Add sugar water and jello water together. Then add pineapple and lemon juice. 

Freeze overnight or until solid. (I use gallon ziploc bags)

Remove from freezer 1 hour before serving, add to punch bowl and pour soda over it. 

#1 crowd pleaser of all the holiday junk food!

Just completed a big pot of Cranberries. Will serve  one half cold. Other half warm. Crock pot is perfect.  Pretty simple: cranberries, sugar to taste,  cinnamon , nutmeg and cloves to taste.  Add a chopped Granny green apple or two , chopped orange or two. A Thanksgiving favorite, Grandkids love it!!

OTG that sounds just yummy. I ate at the Y for Thanksgiving. About 5'8, long straight hair, tanned with natural C cups and a 34 inch ass to sum it all up. I couldn't complain................It was a good day..............

On 12/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, Savoir Faire said:

OTG that sounds just yummy. I ate at the Y for Thanksgiving. About 5'8, long straight hair, tanned with natural C cups and a 34 inch ass to sum it all up. I couldn't complain................It was a good day..............

I, like a lot of people here highly doubt your statement. Have a good evening anyway.

I am making soup tomorrow using my instantpot. Make enough to freeze

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

Doing BBQ St. Louis style spare ribs today.  Started them in the crock pot and will finish them in the Foodi convection oven to crisp the outsides.  Should be tasty.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Imagine a tob potluck.... 🤯🥰

Just no gassy foods, so we can have fun afterwards!😈

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Just no gassy foods, so we can have fun afterwards!😈

I guess that rules out my 3 bean bison chile that I made this weekend....😁💨

I have around here somewhere one of those "Crockpot cooking for 2 people" cookbooks that was great.  Cooking for 1-2 people takes just a couple hours and is easy and so tasty.