Hunter VanDyke

P411

36 posts in this topic

Can anyone get on? I'm getting a warning.  

nope. same warning

by ignoring the warning screen and going on, I could get to the log in page, but based on the warning, I elected to go no further ........ Damn Russians,  or Chinese, or North Koreans  .........

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Can anyone get on? I'm getting a warning.  

From what I gathered::

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents your web Browser from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

www.preferred411.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means the Web Browser can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem

Thanks for the info. That was helpful.  Hopefully it will be resolved by morning.  🙏

9 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

From what I gathered::

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents your web Browser from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

www.preferred411.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means the Web Browser can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem

I have an email from awhile back, when I needed some help with my P411 listing. Maybe this is how to let them know? support@preferred411.com

No warning this morning, but is that a good or bad thing. 

That's what I was thinking.  Do we log in or nor log in? 😳

31 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

No warning this morning, but is that a good or bad thing. 

Kind of freaked me out, after I opened it up about 15 mins later lost my internet everything is ok now. :D

11 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

Kind of freaked me out, after I opened it up about 15 mins later lost my internet everything is ok now. :D

There was an outage in my area. 

13 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

Cue the Twilight Zone theme music 🤣

The p411 link on my TOB profile still goes to the warning page

3 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

The p411 link on my TOB profile still goes to the warning page

Hmmm, last night I was getting the warning, this morning and as of right now, no warning. 

When I go through my browser no warning, but if I click the TOB link it's the warning.  Someone let me know the warning was still popping up through their browser this morning, but they can now bypass the warning. 

22 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

When I go through my browser no warning, but if I click the TOB link it's the warning.  Someone let me know the warning was still popping up through their browser this morning, but they can now bypass the warning. 

Mine is doing the same thing.

12 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Mine is doing the same thing.

Both accessing the 411 site  through TOB and/or a new refreshed opened window separately?

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Both accessing the 411 site  through TOB and/or a new refreshed opened window separately?

I am finally able to see p411 on my windows browser on my computer. On my phone chrome, firefox still blocked. On TOB if you click the p411 link next to our name on the ladies profiles the big warning still pops up. I have tried several browser on 2 devices, TOB still had the warning on all profiles.

If you are still getting a warning then it is probably a cache error so you will need to delete your p411 from TOB and then re add it. That should do the trick! 

1 minute ago, Marilyn Desire said:

If you are still getting a warning then it is probably a cache error so you will need to delete your p411 from TOB and then re add it. That should do the trick! 

Well I guess not because I did that and it did not work. I didn't even realize it wasn't working because it worked fine when I opened it from the browser today but when I click on the link on my ad it does not work. It was probably like Kaduk said the certificate expired. I had that happen to my own personal website before but it was an easy fix. I'm guessing TOB may have to fix the cache on their end in order for the P411 link to work on our profiles. 

If you use Duckuduckgo search engine instead of Google you will have no problems.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

If you use Duckuduckgo search engine instead of Google you will have no problems.

I've been able to pull up the site on chrome since this morning,  but I still can't get there clicking on the link through my TOB profile.  I'm being patient. 😊

I believe it is a p411 problem and specifically an obsolete cert verification routine.  For instance, yes, if you just click on link in a provider's profile up pops the error warning just as Hunter mentioned (and others). However, if you copy the link and then paste into a new tab and remove the https//:www  part, boom straight to the profile on p411.  And properly secure/locked.  It is the cert version at p411 not functioning properly, probably obsolete version.  I think.  Sorry that does not fix anything lol, that will have to be p411.

Hunter, I just clicked your link from your profile here on TOB and it pulled up p411 with no problem (macintosh, using safari browser). Yes, this is an expired certification problem from the p411 side. Almost certainly will get fixed quickly. 

15 minutes ago, bolder1 said:

Hunter, I just clicked your link from your profile here on TOB and it pulled up p411 with no problem (macintosh, using safari browser). Yes, this is an expired certification problem from the p411 side. Almost certainly will get fixed quickly. 

Thank you bolder for doing that, and for letting me know.  I'm happy to hear it, and I appreciate it. 🙏 💙

20 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I believe it is a p411 problem and specifically an obsolete cert verification routine.  For instance, yes, if you just click on link in a provider's profile up pops the error warning just as Hunter mentioned (and others). However, if you copy the link and then paste into a new tab and remove the https//:www  part, boom straight to the profile on p411.  And properly secure/locked.  It is the cert version at p411 not functioning properly, probably obsolete version.  I think.  Sorry that does not fix anything lol, that will have to be p411.

•They have resolved the security certificate issue.....

All is good.  Thanks everyone!

3 hours ago, Kaduk said:

•They have resolved the security certificate issue.....

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

All is good.  Thanks everyone!

Are you sure?  Can everyone respond to pm's, appointment requests, etc. originated on site on p411?  I understand that may be a problem for messages received after this bug started.  No first hand knowledge as all my messages are old lol.

25 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Are you sure?  Can everyone respond to pm's, appointment requests, etc. originated on site on p411?  I understand that may be a problem for messages received after this bug started.  No first hand knowledge as all my messages are old lol.

Honestly I'm not sure if everyone can connect to pms/appointment requests.  They can get to my profile/website/email which will give them screening information needed though.  I only use the site for advertising not screening.  Maybe some other providers/clients can chime in on that.