Marilyn Desire

TOB Membership/Provider Safety

18 posts in this topic

It has come to my attention several times as of late that there are TOB members who are physically hurting, robbing and raping providers. Once word gets out about these members they go and create a new TOB account with a new username.

Now here is the thing that disgusts me about that. Providers are required to verify their identity using a government issued ID and selfie in order to have an account. Gotta make sure we are of legal age and all.

Clients however are not required to verify their identity to create an account. Therefore they can rape and rob as many people as they want and then just create a new account and username once their old one has a bad reputation.

Why is it more important to verify providers for TOB accounts than it is to verify client accounts? Shouldn't the safety of providers and clients be the same? Where is the accountability for these pieces of shit members who treat providers so horribly?? There is NONE!

So for all providers out there just because a client is a member of TOB DOES NOT mean they are a safe client.

In fact most of the horror stories I have heard lately are all coming from TOB members.

Admin it's time to weed out the rapist and abusers from your database!

Rant over

I read your post and completely understand your concern. If these douchebags can just start a new account and keep on going what can you do!  TOB needs to have away to detect this kind of activity. I definetely agree with you. I really don't have answer but I'm with you.

1 hour ago, Newoldbull said:

I definetely agree with you. I really don't have answer but I'm with you.

🙏🙏 Thank you! 

I've brought this up before. What about charging client applicants a nominal fee,  maybe like $50, to become a member which could cover the staffing to run checks, sexual predator, black lists on their ID which they would have to present. Sorry you fine ladies have to put up with these a-holes.

How about reporting the assault to law enforcement?  I suspect the requirement for I.D. confirmation from the ladies has everything to do with being certain that there is no attachment to human trafficking.  

@Marilyn Desire   For those of us who have been around for a while and fully enjoy this hobby and board, it makes me sad and angry when this happens.  If people don't feel safe, on both sides of the equation, it is no longer fun.  The bad characters ruin it for so many people, especially the ladies.  I don't know what the answer is, but something has to change to make it better and safer for everyone involved.  I have relied on TOB to meet with so many wonderful ladies and have heard the horror stories.  It sucks and affects our community in so many negative ways.  I've always been open to being screened and answering questions to help the ladies I've seen feel more comfortable, especially when seeing someone for the first time.  Again, so sorry this is happening.

@mustang I suspect you're right about the attachment to sex trafficking.  Why don't we keep that good momentum up and require an ID, along with all the additional steps required  for ALL profiles?  How else can we be certain that the non provider profiles don't have attachments to human trafficking? 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

@mustang I suspect you're right about the attachment to sex trafficking.  Why don't we keep that good momentum up and require an ID, along with all the additional steps required  for ALL profiles?  How else can we be certain that the non provider profiles don't have attachments to human trafficking? 

are the "non-providers" permitted to post adds and collect fees???

Well I certainly understand both sides here and that's why I love p411, we've identified ourselves to a 3rd party and they have our true identities if something should go wrong for either party.  If we could get to something like that on tob it would be good for both sides.  My guess you'd lose many members from the client side unwilling to do that hard identity check thus lowering the pool of clients for the ladies.  

55 minutes ago, mustang said:

are the "non-providers" permitted to post adds and collect fees???

No but they're still able to be fully functioning members here, and blend in with the rest of us, along with the stalkers, harassers, abusers and rapists. They can private chat with other members and get information about our persons, our sessions and our locations.  They can contact us, and set up appointments with  us...all anonymously.  They can post on the forums and build relationships with other members who think these people are other normal guys just like them, not the predators they really are.  

Ladies, please be safe out there, and if you don't have a good screening system in place, but you are looking for one, feel free to reach out to either myself or any of the well established providers here on TOB.  I'm fortunate to have an amazing professional screener.  However, I know that is a privilege, and not all ladies are able to go that route for various reasons.  Still if you need her contact information, I'd be happy to share.  There are also other tools, sites, groups, and apps that can be shared.  

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I agree, pretty woman. 

7 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

My guess you'd lose many members from the client side unwilling to do that hard identity check thus lowering the pool of clients for the ladies.  

I don't think most providers would be too concerned about lowering the pool of clients if they felt their safety was being considered, but you never know! There was a time that clients coming from TOB were cream of the crop but that's not the case anymore...

23 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It is my understanding that "managers" or "pimps" are most likely to be active in this business, NOT clients.  IF you wish to eliminate "repeat douche bags" from coming back under a new handle, simply use the I.P. address.  Admins. would have to do this, and perhaps even stop allowing VPN users onto the site.  Fake I.D.s are way too easy to obtain.  Just search for fake vaccine cards, readily available, High School kid have been getting fake I.Ds For Years.  I guess that a long story short, as long as there are questionable activities, there will be questionable activities.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:53 AM, mustang said:

How about reporting the assault to law enforcement?  I suspect the requirement for I.D. confirmation from the ladies has everything to do with being certain that there is no attachment to human trafficking.  

Fear of being the one that gets arrested and then having no protection from the asshole's revenge or other legal fallout.  Guys that are into doing this shit rely on not being arrested or even reported.  The point of the proposed law that seems to have died in legislature this year.  Maybe next.  I have also suggested reporting before, but it is a not so simple an ask depending on personal circumstances.

4 hours ago, mustang said:

It is my understanding that "managers" or "pimps" are most likely to be active in this business, NOT clients.  IF you wish to eliminate "repeat douche bags" from coming back under a new handle, simply use the I.P. address.  Admins. would have to do this, and perhaps even stop allowing VPN users onto the site.  Fake I.D.s are way too easy to obtain.  Just search for fake vaccine cards, readily available, High School kid have been getting fake I.Ds For Years.  I guess that a long story short, as long as there are questionable activities, there will be questionable activities.

Due to foolish users (not all, but many) of wi-fi in most medium to high density neighborhoods it is cake to find multiple unsecured wi-fi routers to tap into. Amazingly it is usually the douche bag with ill intent that is well aware of such things.  If only a Ray Donavon were legal.

On 3/6/2022 at 8:45 PM, Marilyn Desire said:

It has come to my attention several times as of late that there are TOB members who are physically hurting, robbing and raping providers. Once word gets out about these members they go and create a new TOB account with a new username.

Now here is the thing that disgusts me about that. Providers are required to verify their identity using a government issued ID and selfie in order to have an account. Gotta make sure we are of legal age and all.

Clients however are not required to verify their identity to create an account. Therefore they can rape and rob as many people as they want and then just create a new account and username once their old one has a bad reputation.

Why is it more important to verify providers for TOB accounts than it is to verify client accounts? Shouldn't the safety of providers and clients be the same? Where is the accountability for these pieces of shit members who treat providers so horribly?? There is NONE!

So for all providers out there just because a client is a member of TOB DOES NOT mean they are a safe client.

In fact most of the horror stories I have heard lately are all coming from TOB members.

Admin it's time to weed out the rapist and abusers from your database!

Rant over

This 👆👆👆 x10

I hate it when a few bad apples (more than a few?) make it tough on our wonderful TOB companions and, by extension, somewhat more challenging for those of us who do it right and are here to respectfully, joyfully participate in this amazing hobby. I understand Marilyns concerns. She makes sense. That said, I am not sure how I would react if required to provide RW ID or other information to have an account here. 

If it improved the overall comfort for the ladies then I'm all for it, some of the stories I've heard from women I've met on tob are not good.   I've had nothing but great times on p411 with the women I've seen there and it seems the verification process is simple for both parties.

my 2 cents