Elle Blake

Losing Your Best friend....

10 posts in this topic

I am in Baja.  Where the best friend I've ever had died in April last year. She rolled her vehicle, was ejected. A retired American nurse and a retired Canadian EMT were there within 2 minutes!  Her cousin arrived minutes after and made them work on her for 45 minutes.  Screaming the entire time!  She did not regain consciousness.  This trip has been long over due .  And after getting my phone stolen the second day I was here having little contact with ANYONE!  IS  A GIFT.  Right now on beach, we're her last picture was taken.  She was so happy!!!  She finally found happiness!!!  And I never got to say goodbye till now!!! Life is a gift!!!  Never to be taken for granted!

I am so sorry for your lose. Saying anything else doesn't seem enough. Loving someone is a blessing and a curse and the pain just can't be explained to someone who hasn't been through it. 

Sorry for your loss and hoping you are getting the closure that you need. Life is truly a blessing and none of us should ever take even one day for granted.  

Elle, so sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. We should never have to live longer than our kids or best friends. That should be a cosmic rule. Just saying. Hope you have some closure and know your friend appreciates the steps you have just taken. Bless you!

Elle, sometimes we say goodbye after the fact.  And it can be as meaningful as if they were standing next to you.  Take care and know that grief is part of what makes us human.

I'd love to offer some soothing salve, but my experience is that, given your age, it's just getting started. I've lost three of my long term (30-50 yrs) guy pals in the past two years. I don't make friends easily. This has been rough. The only solution I have is stay grateful for the time we did have and to keep on keeping on. Nothing is permanent. 

that kind of loss is tough, I have been through 5 times in my somewhat extended life.  I have found that with each one, it always hurts like hell, but for me at least, time numbs the sense of loss, AND helps me remember all the good times we had together.  There is a fraternal group that has theis saying ... "The faults of our brothers, we write upon the sand, their virtues uponon the tablets of love and memory"

On 11/12/2021 at 4:37 PM, Happymon said:

I'd love to offer some soothing salve, but my experience is that, given your age, it's just getting started. I've lost three of my long term (30-50 yrs) guy pals in the past two years. I don't make friends easily. This has been rough. The only solution I have is stay grateful for the time we did have and to keep on keeping on. Nothing is permanent. 

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. I really am........

I don't make friends easily so I really can relate.