Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maclovin

Restaurant Recommendations - Lunch

15 posts in this topic

I'll be in Denver in the coming weeks - basically around the DTC area. Doesn't have to be in the DTC, but would rather not drive for 30 minutes to get to it. Looking for a wonderful place for lunch with a special young lady. Great food. Great service. Great setting. Thanks in advance.

You have 4 great choices in that area .  Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse,  Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen,  JING Denver for Asian Fusion, and Illegal Pete's for Mexican. Have fun!

1 hour ago, Caressa Duval said:

You have 4 great choices in that area .  Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse,  Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen,  JING Denver for Asian Fusion, and Illegal Pete's for Mexican. Have fun!

I can 2nd the vote for Pappadeaux. I love the service, and food.

https://pappadeaux.com/location/35

TOCABE for the most amazing organic Native American cooking.  They have lots of options but the good old Navajo Taco made without lard and with totally fresh ingredients is absolutely the best food ever.  Try it.

It's casual and affordable though, might not be what you want for a date, but maybe so.

Edited by BadBoy
added info

Also, if you like Greek food, a totally authentic, fantastic, Greek-family owned and run restaurant - try Yanni's.  It is in the same complex as Jing.

And don't forget Ted's Montana grill if your date likes Bison.  Yummy. (Same complex).

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

TOCABE for the most amazing organic Native American cooking.  They have lots of options but the good old Navajo Taco made without lard and with totally fresh ingredients is absolutely the best food ever.  Try it.

It's casual and affordable though, might not be what you want for a date, but maybe so.

With out lard?  Blasphemy!!! 

There is Maggiano’s right off Dry Creek and Clinton.

It all depends on what you are craving. There are many good restaurants in the DTC area.

My favorite place for Italian is Bruno’s Italian Bistro located in the 500 block of south Broadway.

Excellent food, good prices, local neighborhood restaurant, small place.

Nick, the owner, is always there and make sure everything is done to a high standard. He just opened at the beginning of 2020 right before the pandemic hit.

I don’t know if he is open for lunch, but it is great, intimate for a dinner date.

Great suggestions. Thanks everyone. When Durango I focus on outdoor things. When in the Big City it is nice to do city things.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:02 AM, Maclovin said:

I'll be in Denver in the coming weeks - basically around the DTC area. Doesn't have to be in the DTC, but would rather not drive for 30 minutes to get to it. Looking for a wonderful place for lunch with a special young lady. Great food. Great service. Great setting. Thanks in advance.

Southlands isn't too far from DTC. Great area. I enjoy Lazy Dog most weekends Great outdoor seating too. Right near the Aurora Reservoir if you want to enjoy Scuba diving, Yolo boarding ECT ECT  .

The Tomahawk steaks at Ruth's Chris Steak House on 25 and Belvue are fantastic. 

On 7/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, pfunk said:

I can 2nd the vote for Pappadeaux. I love the service, and food.

https://pappadeaux.com/location/35

Thay have some fantastic deep fried alligator and their calamari kicks ass.

All restaurants listed above are nice.  Another area a few miles away is Park Meadows.  There are many restaurants in this area, but a few I like for lunch are: Earl's Kitchen, Yard House, Fogo de Chao and The White Chocolate Grill.  Good luck and have fun!

On 7/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, BadBoy said:

Also, if you like Greek food, a totally authentic, fantastic, Greek-family owned and run restaurant - try Yanni's.  It is in the same complex as Jing.

And don't forget Ted's Montana grill if your date likes Bison.  Yummy. (Same complex).

Thank you for this suggestion👌I tried Yanni's earlier, and I must say, the food and the experience was quiet pleasant.

I'm still hungry for more meat though lol. I need to add more protein to my diet 😜 Never had Bison, but I've been feeling adventurous lately😈!!!!