infinity

Is Ashley Madison for real?

10 posts in this topic

I just joined and it seems that I am a good catch (sarcastic of course). I did not buy any credits yet.

Have you ever tried it?

Assuming you are aware of their massive security breach a few years back which caused the names of thousands of clients to be made public.....  Otherwise, I have no direct experience upon ehic to offer an intelligent opinion.

No first hand knowledge, but I always found it somewhat unlikely that there were a bunch of attractive lonely housewives out there lying around just wishing they could have sex with me with. That company has been around a while so maybe I'm wrong.

I've met her, and she's hot.  ;)    No idea, but that kind of 'hunt', scraping through the (likely) 98% of scams and BS for that 2% honeypot is... well, aint nobody got time for that.  At least not me.  I travel too much and work too much for it.  That's just me.

I prefer the (relatively) known quality that TOB provides, and I still haven't seen anyone since early 2020 as it is.  Soon I'm hoping.

If others have another perspective, I'd certainly love to hear other perspectives, and admittedly, what I said above is a lightly informed opinion - have never tried it. 

The security breach was caused by hackers exposing the fraud of Ashley Madison.  Just before your membership was about to expire, bots would contact you asking if you wanted to “cyber” whatever the hell that means.

Those type of bots seem to frequent dating sites. Match was also exposed for having bots posing as gorgeous females, or for single females gorgeous hunks that would express interest in your post. So it wasn't exclusive to Ashley Madison although probably much more prevalent on that site.

Considering the hack and that 99% of the posts on there are either bots or scams, I personally wouldn't give them my payment information. If you're looking for affair sites, try looking around reddit. They have their own affair boards and some suggestions on other apps and sites to use (tinder and doublelist come to mind, but admittedly it's been a while since I went looking for a mutual affair).

I was a member several years ago, before the breech. It was worse that useless for me. You had to filter through several flakes or false accounts. I've even read that some accounts are actually automated bots, which is likely. I got close to a few women who seemed real and into the idea of an affair, but they would get cold feet when the time came to do something. This makes a certain amount of sense -- you're feeling neglected, or your husband's bugging you, or you're horny and curious, so you get an account. Then you flirt like hell. Then, when time comes to make the leap, you decide maybe it's not such a good idea. In person, my raw sexual charisma ;) usually carries the day, but online, nope. Then the service got increasingly cluttered, and I quit. A serious waste of time and money. As the other posters have said, reddit forums and the lovely women here are much better options.
So yeah -- a hard pass.

Amen and Amen!! Could not have said it better! Not one of my smarter moves to join!

45 minutes ago, Don John said:

I was a member several years ago, before the breech. It was worse that useless for me. You had to filter through several flakes or false accounts. I've even read that some accounts are actually automated bots, which is likely. I got close to a few women who seemed real and into the idea of an affair, but they would get cold feet when the time came to do something. This makes a certain amount of sense -- you're feeling neglected, or your husband's bugging you, or you're horny and curious, so you get an account. Then you flirt like hell. Then, when time comes to make the leap, you decide maybe it's not such a good idea. In person, my raw sexual charisma ;) usually carries the day, but online, nope. Then the service got increasingly cluttered, and I quit. A serious waste of time and money. As the other posters have said, reddit forums and the lovely women here are much better options.
So yeah -- a hard pass.

The name Ashley Madison. It sounds classy. How could you not meet the right type of 'cultured but smutty' partner with Ashley's special screening process?

Edited by Old_Timer