Phil-anderer

Wondering why women aren't advertising being vaccinated?

108 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

So your saying it does NOT fully work in one sentence (BOLD) and then you contradict yourself by saying that's not what your saying in another (underlined)???? So which is it does it or does it not? If new variants come out and make the vaccine less and less effective then what is the point?

There is no contradiction what-so-ever.  The trials that led to the emergency authorization showed that the mrna vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) prevented the vaccinated from contracting covid 95% of the time.  That means 5% were not protected from contracting.  Viruses mutate all the time into new "variants" that have slightly different characteristics.  Some like the so called delta variant become more contagious and/or more deadly than the original.  The more the virus mutates the lower the percentage gets relative to being protected from contracting the disease.  So as time goes on and more variants pop up you are less protected than the 95% from the "original" version of the virus.  The POINT is that even if your protection odds drop to say 80% that is a hell of a lot better than 0% for being unvaccinated!!  And if the individual you are having close contact with is also vaccinated your protection is higher than if not - because they are unlikely to be able to get/transmit to you.  And here is the relevant rub to where we are.  The longer a significant number of anti-vaxers refuse to be vaccinated the longer covid will continue to mutate and the more variants there will be with the very real possibility that one will pop up that the vaccines are not effective against, putting us ALL back at square one.  THAT is why for the anti-vaxers, no it is not your business alone because your foolish actions (lack of action) stand to screw us all in the long run.  All over politics and believing conspiracy theories and compulsive liars - Faux and Friends, Hannity, OANN, Newsmax, Newsweek under current trumpie ownership, Jones, Fucker Carlson and the whole pathetic bunch whose entire stock and trade is fabricating and spreading lies that grow their listenership and ratings.

On my ad TOB ad and other websites I am now fully Vaccinated! All shot up!!! Now give me a shout back! 😂😂😂😂😂 

I think my biggest concern Is not if you are vaccinanated? This is something not worthy of passing judgement on other for. There are people who choose to keep information private. And trust me I see you  driving around in your  cars with the windows sealed up and fully masked. I don't laugh.  Allow people to live and keep to themselves.  Protect yourself and stop passing judgement. As long as you are vaccinated you need not worry about others. 

Don’t know about you? But, I ripped my mask off my face so fast when they allowed us to go without here in Denver. I think I have burn mark  on my ears still from that day! 😂 

15 hours ago, tribecos said:

Wait, what? Let me get this straight:

I ask a simple question. You get your panties in a bunch and start with insults and personal attacks and then accuse me of rants?

Okay boomer.

This is what an actual rant looks like, one that's not even germane to the topic, I might add:

BTW, what's a roomer? Are you telling me someone who rents a room from you has a MAGNA hat? 

Simple question.

Have you been vaccinated Millennial? No not a Boomer here, a Gen X here. Still in my prime.

My question stands. Sorry I made you mad, just wondering. My personal belief is this....If you care about getting others sick you will get a vaccine. I care about others, my family, friends and even strangers like you, so I got the vaccine. To protect myself and others around me. Wondering if you feel the same way? Just curious.

Sorry I fat fingered the keys I meant MAGA, not MAGNA, no matter it's still made of tin foil and kind of "pointy" so as to deflect all that "science" stuff.

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Simple question.

Have you been vaccinated Millennial? No not a Boomer here, a Gen X here. Still in my prime.

My question stands. Sorry I made you mad, just wondering. My personal belief is this....If you care about getting others sick you will get a vaccine. I care about others, my family, friends and even strangers like you, so I got the vaccine. To protect myself and others around me. Wondering if you feel the same way? Just curious.

Sorry I fat fingered the keys I meant MAGA, not MAGNA, no matter it's still made of tin foil and kind of "pointy" so as to deflect all that "science" stuff.

So, again, it's none of your business, but since you're only demanding to know my vaccination status and not everyone else's, we'll call that progress.

Please follow along and let's see if we can reach the answer to your question. Do you think there may be a reason why I have said I'm not worried about asking if a lady is vaccinated? Could it be because I know that I'm protected? Now, why do I know I'm protected? Stay with me here, this is where the math gets hard. 2+2 DOES equal 4! The answer is yes!

23 hours ago, tribecos said:

Wait, what? Let me get this straight:

I ask a simple question. You get your panties in a bunch and start with insults and personal attacks and then accuse me of rants?

Okay boomer.

Yep your still new but you will learn that's all some people do on here. If they dont like what you say or point out they also turn to the very common "where's your proof? Show me your sources?" When they dont have anything real to add to the DISCUSSION. The other favorite of mine is if you DO give some sort of source or "proof" it turns into " conspiracy theories/that's not a RELIABLE source" if they dont like what you present. There's rarely any actual conversation where opposite views can be presented and DISCUSSED civil..... you either stand your ground or learn to ignore certain members

1 hour ago, Strange_Ice said:

Yep your still new but you will learn that's all some people do on here. If they dont like what you say or point out they also turn to the very common "where's your proof? Show me your sources?" When they dont have anything real to add to the DISCUSSION. The other favorite of mine is if you DO give some sort of source or "proof" it turns into " conspiracy theories/that's not a RELIABLE source" if they dont like what you present. There's rarely any actual conversation where opposite views can be presented and DISCUSSED civil..... you either stand your ground or learn to ignore certain members

The Future of Social Security? ``Just the Facts Ma,am'' - The Morning  Delivery

48 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Gen X here not Boom either. 

Kali, I think you've got some fine "boom"...in many areas.  ;)

2 hours ago, average1 said:

Kali, I think you've got some fine "boom"...in many areas.  ;)

Lol I needed laugh thank you so much @average1 😂😂

On 7/1/2021 at 5:36 AM, tribecos said:

So, again, it's none of your business, but since you're only demanding to know my vaccination status and not everyone else's, we'll call that progress.

Please follow along and let's see if we can reach the answer to your question. Do you think there may be a reason why I have said I'm not worried about asking if a lady is vaccinated? Could it be because I know that I'm protected? Now, why do I know I'm protected? Stay with me here, this is where the math gets hard. 2+2 DOES equal 4! The answer is yes!

So after all of your dumb ass rhetoric you're saying you're vaccinated?

Seems like a lot of BS going back and forth for you to "fess up"

Everyone else? They are usually honest about it. Straight forward. 

You like to do math?

Then do the math where you can protect others that may not be vaccinated and ask them. All I'm saying.

It's simple math..... 

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

So after all of your dumb ass rhetoric you're saying you're vaccinated?

Seems like a lot of BS going back and forth for you to "fess up"

Everyone else? They are usually honest about it. Straight forward. 

You like to do math?

Then do the math where you can protect others that may not be vaccinated and ask them. All I'm saying.

It's simple math..... 

So, you can see why I'd mistake you for a boomer, right? You keep blithering on like that old guy yelling at the kids to get off his lawn.

Seeing as you're the one who started the rant about unions, I understand that people being free to make their own decisions is a foreign concept to you. The BS going back and forth wasn't about me being straightforward or not about being vaccinated. That was your thing. I was completely straightforward, at least I thought I was, that it's none of your fucking business. I shouldn't need to "fess up "; that was my whole point. 

You claim to like and follow science, so I provide information from the CDC (you know, the science guys) to explain why I'm comfortable not worrying about others when I'm vaccinated and you respond with "you like to send out a lot of stats about this and that". Fine by me; so you only care about science some of the time. No biggie. 

"Everyone else"? Yeah, they've lined up for miles to volunteer to provide you with their personal info. My bad.

Now, THAT you feel free to classify as a rant.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:52 AM, Strange_Ice said:

There's rarely any actual conversation where opposite views can be presented and DISCUSSED civil..... you either stand your ground or learn to ignore certain members

Last one, I promise 

1 hour ago, tribecos said:

So, you can see why I'd mistake you for a boomer, right? You keep blithering on like that old guy yelling at the kids to get off his lawn.

Because you are a whiney Gen X that blames the prior generation for every perceived slight in your life and are too bitter and jaded to do anything to actually change or improve it cause it is easier to blame someone else?  And so any time someone does not agree with your brilliant position they must be an old fart boomer.  Just a guess, since your first response to some comment of mine was "you guys in your 70's" or some such age hating bs, that again was completely incorrect. 

BTW Strange-ice, he has been here since 2007 which ain't exactly "new." B)

51 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Because you are a whiney Gen X that blames the prior generation for every perceived slight in your life and are too bitter and jaded to do anything to actually change or improve it cause it is easier to blame someone else?  And so any time someone does not agree with your brilliant position they must be an old fart boomer.  Just a guess, since your first response to some comment of mine was "you guys in your 70's" or some such age hating bs, that again was completely incorrect. 

I'm not the one whining.  Seems like you and Sparky fit your description better of a "whiney Gen X".  You were both talking like you're high risk, so I made a bad assumption. But I'm not blaming anyone...who was blaming anti-vaxxers? Certainly not I. 🤔

54 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

BTW Strange-ice, he has been here since 2007 which ain't exactly "new." B)

You are correct, but don't give him grief for it. 😎 He's correct too, and I do mostly ignore. This thread is a good example of why.

1 hour ago, frankenthaler91 said:

https://epiforecasts.io/covid/posts/national/united-states/

As of 6/30/21, the numbers do not support the fear the media is spreading. 

I guess it depends on which "fear" and which "media" you mean.  The main concern (fear implies running and hiding - never done either) in just my opinion is that due to very low vaccination rates in certain areas and states the virus and all its variants will continue to spread at high enough rates to continue mutating into frequent new variants.  As long as that happens it is inevitable that mutations will eventually result in a version that the vaccines are not effective against and we collectively end up right back where we started.  I completely understand the my body, my business stance, but those who hold it need to realize that their decision not to be vaccinated collectively has potential dire effect on everyone, not just themselves.  It is not as simple as "my business only".  And the forecasts you link to absolutely support that concern given 12 states are forecast to see increasing infection rates.  As I understand the news today the proposed solution in many of those states is to simply stop reporting cases and deaths.  Problem solved! Bloody genius! (sarcasm alert)

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

I guess it depends on which "fear" and which "media" you mean.  The main concern (fear implies running and hiding - never done either) in just my opinion is that due to very low vaccination rates in certain areas and states the virus and all its variants will continue to spread at high enough rates to continue mutating into frequent new variants.  As long as that happens it is inevitable that mutations will eventually result in a version that the vaccines are not effective against and we collectively end up right back where we started.  I completely understand the my body, my business stance, but those who hold it need to realize that their decision not to be vaccinated collectively has potential dire effect on everyone, not just themselves.  It is not as simple as "my business only".  And the forecasts you link to absolutely support that concern given 12 states are forecast to see increasing infection rates.  As I understand the news today the proposed solution in many of those states is to simply stop reporting cases and deaths.  Problem solved! Bloody genius! (sarcasm alert)

The fear being spread is the "D" variant is highly contagious and  that the country needs to go into a total lockdown.  The original covid19 was also reported to be "highly contagious". 

If one were to look at the numbers from the CDC, the "death rate" of death with people that had covid19 is between 1.5-2%.   But, what the numbers don't show is how many are "from" covid19 and those that dies "with" covid19.  Everyone was reported to have died "from" of covid19.  That is just not the case. 

A friends 92 year old uncle by marriage passed away this past spring.  He was diagnosed as having covid19 before his death.  He was never on a ventilator or other assistance.  His death was labeled  a "coved19" death.  No, the mans body finally caught up with his mind.  He had been ready to die for over 1 year.  All his friends/family of the same age group where gone.  He was at peace and ready for the next stage. 

If one adds in the fact that it is believed that there are 10x the number of people that have covid19 than those that are diagnosed,  the death rate is drastically. lower.   https://khn.org/morning-breakout/true-number-of-covid-cases-could-be-10-times-higher/

One radio show the other day said the death rate was 0.008.  I can not find a paper to support this number.  But I don't doubt is it close. 

As my snail mail and inbox, television, and just about every other fucking thing are filled with fear (and fucking lottery tickets) there's Sweden, with its -7% excess mortality rate as of 6/6/21, DESPITE there never having been any MANDATORY mask, social distancing, or other conditioning at play.

Power to the sheople, without whom we'd have a chance of maintaining our personal liberties and freedoms! 

The preceding message was fueled by the power of thought, NOT political rhetoric! I'm Hobby Hobbit and I approve this message.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

1 hour ago, frankenthaler91 said:

The fear being spread is the "D" variant is highly contagious and  that the country needs to go into a total lockdown.  The original covid19 was also reported to be "highly contagious". 

If one were to look at the numbers from the CDC, the "death rate" of death with people that had covid19 is between 1.5-2%.   But, what the numbers don't show is how many are "from" covid19 and those that dies "with" covid19.  Everyone was reported to have died "from" of covid19.  That is just not the case. 

A friends 92 year old uncle by marriage passed away this past spring.  He was diagnosed as having covid19 before his death.  He was never on a ventilator or other assistance.  His death was labeled  a "coved19" death.  No, the mans body finally caught up with his mind.  He had been ready to die for over 1 year.  All his friends/family of the same age group where gone.  He was at peace and ready for the next stage. 

If one adds in the fact that it is believed that there are 10x the number of people that have covid19 than those that are diagnosed,  the death rate is drastically. lower.   https://khn.org/morning-breakout/true-number-of-covid-cases-could-be-10-times-higher/

One radio show the other day said the death rate was 0.008.  I can not find a paper to support this number.  But I don't doubt is it close. 

I have not heard anyone calling for a total lockdown due to delta variant.  Not to say there are not some totally out of touch lefties that are suggesting exactly that, but I do not follow or listen to that bunch any more than I do the far right - who I am sure are delighted to trumpet anyone saying it just to stir the pot..  It does make sense there would be a lot more actual cases than reflected by testing since there was an intentional major shortage of tests in the early months especially and it was such a pain in the ass to actually get tested.  Many of the emergency approved tests were kind of a coin flip in accuracy as well.  Unaccounted for are around 150,000 "excess" deaths over the annual averages from all causes.  Most experts seem to think the majority of those excess deaths are probably covid since there is no good alternative explanation.  So if there were more cases it is apparently much more contagious than thought and regardless it has killed at least 600,000 and counting.  I am also aware of the train of thought that if someone had comorbidities and died "with" covid that they should be considered to have died from the comorbidity.  It is a favorite of those seeking to minimize how serious the virus is.  Bottom line, if the patient would still be alive and chugging along with his comorbidities had covid not come along, then yes, IMHO the cause was covid.  If one looks at the list of comorbidities - diabetes, overweight, age, heart condition, auto immune diseases, COPD, etc. - it would be hard to find any adult in this country without at least one and the deaths from covid would approach zero.  But that is just not realistic.  I really wish both sides - the far left and the far right - would quit spouting bullshit that they know is bullshit with the only purpose being to confuse and divide and in doing so increase ratings and political clout.  They are both doing it and it is pathetic.

8 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

As my snail mail and inbox, television, and just about every other fucking thing are filled with fear (and fucking lottery tickets) there's Sweden, with its -7% excess mortality rate as of 6/6/21, DESPITE there never having been any MANDATORY mask, social distancing, or other conditioning at play.

Power to the sheople, without whom we'd have a chance of maintaining our personal liberties and freedoms! 

The preceding message was fueled by the power of thought, NOT political rhetoric! I'm Hobby Hobbit and I approve this message.

Meanwhile the country most similar, other than covid handling, is neighboring Norway.  Lock downs etc., near zero excess deaths.  BTW Sweden was not a negative 7%.  Positive.  Thanks for playing though. 

On 7/1/2021 at 0:19 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Lol I needed laugh thank you so much @average1 😂😂

OMG agreed!

2 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

OMG agreed!

We all have been through too much! Been SO in need of escaping from reality lately with my friends and family! Just wishing to forget about all the hardships we went through 

This could also  explain my need to escape reality by  watch  “The Blacklist “on Netflix. 🙃😄😂 this is a new show to me. You all have probably seen the series already! It is insanely addictive. 💋💋

16 hours ago, tribecos said:

Seeing as you're the one who started the rant about unions, I understand that people being free to make their own decisions is a foreign concept to you. The BS going back and forth wasn't about me being straightforward or not about being vaccinated. That was your thing. I was completely straightforward, at least I thought I was, that it's none of your fucking business. I shouldn't need to "fess up "; that was my whole point. 

You claim to like and follow science, so I provide information from the CDC (you know, the science guys) to explain why I'm comfortable not worrying about others when I'm vaccinated and you respond with "you like to send out a lot of stats about this and that". Fine by me; so you only care about science some of the time. No biggie. 

"Everyone else"? Yeah, they've lined up for miles to volunteer to provide you with their personal info. My bad.

Now, THAT you feel free to classify as a rant.

Last one, I promise 

So....are you are vaccinated?  yes, no? I'm done with you.

Answer the question so others on here can be done with you too. We are all guessing the answer though.

Oh, my lawn is perfect by the way, thanks for bringing that up as I'm very proud of my lawn and all of my rose bushes too. Grape vines and other nice LUSH plants as well... People I have over in my back yard  (friends and family) comment on how it looks like an oasis, I'm glad you commented on this, I appreciate your nice remarks about my lawn, I really appreciate it, thank you kindly.

All my grand kids are MOST welcome to play on my lawn, I enjoy it so much!  I love them a lot. 

As far as Unions are concerned it has served me VERY well over the years. I will get to retire at 62 making over 1200 bucks a week with Heath benefits fully paid for on my behalf. BEFORE Social Security I might add ....  400 per year  deducible. I'm sure you have something similar? As you are so anti-Union?  I'm SURE your compensation is VERY similar? Yes? No? Please do answer...... 

I might not be done with you yet.

Waiting for your response.........  

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Meanwhile the country most similar, other than covid handling, is neighboring Norway.  Lock downs etc., near zero excess deaths.  BTW Sweden was not a negative 7%.  Positive.  Thanks for playing though. 

Wait, what? Not negative but positive? Is it spiked? Anywho, stop sipping it long enough, you'll see the nuance in an eerily similar tale of two countries, where the one whose leadership chose not to play at all managed to temper the plandemic's economic impact (and > -10% excess mortality at times, btw), and the other, whose peasantry is drunk and on the precipice of losing their collective asses (and liberties) on it. Sucker born a minute took on new meaning in 2020. Thanks to you.

covid.png

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

23 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

We all have been through too much! Been SO in need of escaping from reality lately with my friends and family! Just wishing to forget about all the hardships we went through 

This could also  explain my need to escape reality by  watch  “The Blacklist “on Netflix. 🙃😄😂 this is a new show to me. You all have probably seen the series already! It is insanely addictive. 💋💋

You know, I have to admit to NEVER EVER watching so much TV this last year. We've been watching "Salem" the past few weeks on Hulu. It's kind of dark and VERY good! My wife LOVES Blacklist! 

On 7/4/2021 at 8:14 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

Wait, what? Not negative but positive? Is it spiked? Anywho, stop sipping it long enough, you'll see the nuance in an eerily similar tale of two countries, where the one whose leadership chose not to play at all managed to temper the plandemic's economic impact (and > -10% excess mortality at times, btw), and the other, whose peasantry is drunk and on the precipice of losing their collective asses (and liberties) on it. Sucker born a minute took on new meaning in 2020. Thanks to you.

covid.png

Yeah, sound bites in politics are very effective, but sound bite science is akin to the magic eight ball.  If you want to compare Sweden's success or failure, compare (as I said earlier) to a very similar and adjoining country - Norway.  Comparisons to the US and the totally bungled bullshit response of disinformation and division (which you are clearly trying to perpetuate) when climates, population density, employment types, and a thousand other factors are totally different is a meaningless exercise, but makes a great sound bite for the deniers.  The concept shown in your chart that death rates would go down during an ignored pandemic is so ludicrous it certainly indicates some problems or games in the reporting.  Regardless, we are NOTHING like Sweden for better or worse.  

Never forget, gain of function research is science, too. I'm sure you've considered all of Fraudci's flip-flopping on masks/no masks, asymptomatic don't/do spread, etc., as some sort of pseudo-scientific inquiry/witch hunt and, eyes wide shut, won't see the connection between avarice and fear, the slippery slope to tyranny, until it's too late. Remember this when all below the iceberg's tip becomes clear to see

╭∩╮(︶_︶)╭∩╮

On 7/3/2021 at 9:01 AM, tribecos said:

I'm not the one whining.  Seems like you and Sparky fit your description better of a "whiney Gen X".  You were both talking like you're high risk, so I made a bad assumption. But I'm not blaming anyone...who was blaming anti-vaxxers? Certainly not I. 🤔

You are correct, but don't give him grief for it. 😎 He's correct too, and I do mostly ignore. This thread is a good example of why.

I sometimes (mostly)I get pissed off when people disregard science and say that they read up about on Facebook. 

Yes Tribecos, I'm the epitome  of the "whiney Gen X" that's tired of you who show no respect to anything.

You know it all. You haven't lived 60+ years and you know it all. I have 4 kids and 9 grandkids, I've been around the block a time or three, dealt  with  employers that didn't appreciate their employees. I made that right. I made them PAY an additional 8 bucks an hour..  I have a lot of life experience. You? I hope so. You seem like a smart person. Listen to what others have been through though..

Don't keep telling you yourself you know it all and have NOTHING to learn from us "old guys" We might be able to help you out! 

BTY my name is SPARKEY with an "E"

Thanks so much....

On 7/3/2021 at 9:01 AM, tribecos said:

Thanks for you're support Gr8owl.

Good to know what you really think!

I get why you ignore threads like this one. You might have to make a stand and that might get away from the hobby.....  I GET THAT 100% FOR SURE!

I don't blame you for ignoring most of these posts, I'm kind of sick of arguing with Millennials..

I’m vaccinated, and advertise it. However…… with the new variant, it does not seem to matter. I speak from experience. So…. Now I have antibodies as well as vaccine. 
 It’s probably best to do what makes you feel most comfortable without infringing on others safety, being judgmental or an asshole.

15 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I’m vaccinated, and advertise it. However…… with the new variant, it does not seem to matter. I speak from experience. So…. Now I have antibodies as well as vaccine. 
 It’s probably best to do what makes you feel most comfortable without infringing on others safety, being judgmental or an asshole.

it still DOES matter - a lot.  Getting infected with Delta after full vaccination means you are VERY unlikely to get sick enough to wind up in the hospital, and incredibly unlikely to die from it.  

We also know that natural immunity from getting Covid is not as strong nor long-lasting as the immunity from vaccination.  Also, being vaccinated means your window for transmitting the virus to others is shorter.  I'm glad you're ok. :)