skinnydud

Who else is tired of politics

11 posts in this topic

Like this past year pandemic was not enough we are still dragging political shit 

I am so tired of the whole thing. I just want life to go back to normal. No covid no politics no red or blue but America and only america. People tolerating each other stop fighting over politics races beliefs etc. It's sickening me. 

And i cannot skip it coz its freaking every where

There seems to be an end in sight for covid.  As for the rest of it.....I dont think we have been completely unified as a county since WW2.  That said, the current level of internal strife is dangerous and unhealthy. 

1 hour ago, sb1212 said:

There seems to be an end in sight for covid.  As for the rest of it.....I dont think we have been completely unified as a county since WW2.  That said, the current level of internal strife is dangerous and unhealthy. 

Agreed!  What’s it going to take to fix that?  The moderates of both parties need to tell their fringe groups “Go to hell!  We need to work with the other side for the best interests of the country as a whole.  Otherwise we get nothing done.”  Then they need to mobilize a moderate base, their silent majority, to protect themselves during the next election.  And finally they need to compromise with the moderates of the opposing party for reasonable legislation.  So what if you lose 20% of your party vote; they don’t matter when you garner 50% of the opposition for the bill.

I think the GOP (of which I have been a registered member for 35 yrs) is in trouble for the foreseeable future. Dems control Congress and executive branch. Moderates will gravitate away from the hard core Trump group based on his "leadership" and align more with Dems or independents.  Trump will form his own party and hamstring the GOP for at least the next 4 yrs. Ugh....

Perfect time for a new third party.  The orange stain and stench will not wear off the R party anytime soon, if ever.

And ..... if tired of politics why start a thread about and reply to?? ;)

Edited by gr8owl

I love the dysfunctional politics.. Pls pass the popcorn. 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿This week has been stranger than fiction! You can't write this stuff. It's been more than 200 years since anyone or group has breached the U.S. Capitol Building and that was the British who set it on fire in 1814. 🏛️🏛️  Since some Denver area movie theaters just opened today I've been enjoying the weekly political entertainment! 🎞️🎞️🎞️🎞️ Remember: Only 12 days till the 2021 inauguration.

I just hope these guys produce another Inauguration Day Bad Lip Reading video for 2021.

I just want to give a shout out to all the folks who haven't lost a single relationship of a friend or family member over politics.  It says a lot about you AND the other people in your lives.  I have so many friends who've lost people they once had caring relationships with because of their political views.  Sad.  

21 hours ago, juanvaldez said:

I love the dysfunctional politics.. Pls pass the popcorn. 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

I agree with Juan. I haven't laughed so much at politics since Ross Perot stirred the pot in the 1990s.

Trump should start a new TV show, making fun of people who ruin their own reputations, just like he did!