Sundance

Tis the season......

10 posts in this topic

Please be kind this season and remember the homeless ....and the people who are abusing  their animals by leaving them outside in the freezing cold .

Depression and suicide are always at an increase on the holidays. If you feel someone is acting odd and expressing negative thoughts ,take a minute and be there!!  You might have just made a major difference.

A little bit goes a long way!!!   

Wishing everyone the best Holiday and try to make everyday a Hump a daY!

Love Ya Sundance

Edited by Sundance

Words that apply to any season, not just the holidays.

Thank you Sundance !

Sundance, thanks for this thread.  This time of year can be tough for a lot of folks.  And it is tougher for many who have no one to connect with.

Great post and always good reminders. Thanks Sundance. I hope you and your loved ones have a great holiday. ❤

Life can get extremely hectic around the holidays and what a great reminder.

Sure hope everyone takes time to see the magical moments and reach out to those that are less fortunate. 

Let your dog in.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, Laci French said:

Life can get extremely hectic around the holidays and what a great reminder.

Sure hope everyone takes time to see the magical moments and reach out to those that are less fortunate. 

Let your dog in.

My fur babies are family :wub:

Yes ,this time of the year can be very depressing. Had a NC/NS today involving shopping with a friend. Sure made a tailspin .  Oh well,there is always tomorrow.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

Oh well,there is always tomorrow.

Image result for rocky absolutely meme

On 12/8/2019 at 5:40 AM, Sundance said:

Depression and suicide are always at an increase on the holidays. If you feel someone is acting odd and expressing negative thoughts ,take a minute and be there!!  You might have just made a major difference.

A little bit goes a long way!!!   

Wishing everyone the best Holiday and try to make everyday a Hump a daY!

I couldn't agree more: Make every day a hump day!  In the interest of accuracy, depression, and especially suicide, have historically peaked in the spring. Prevalence statistics on this are always subject to bias ( e.g., Ireland has low suicide but an abnormally high incidence of death due to cleaning shotguns with the tongue), but it seems clear that seasonality is an important factor. There are many reasons for this, but one speculation is that giving and kindness are on the rise during the holidays. Acts which drop off later. My take-away is to do my best to make every day the best I can. Giving, service and random acts are obvious places to start. Happy Holidays.