geecue2

9/11/01

10 posts in this topic

I will never forget 9-11-01.

My prayers go out to all souls whose lives were lost that day, the surviving family members and all the first responders.

Never forget!! Give Sympathy to those who lost friends and loved ones on this tragic day in 2001.

I'll never forget where I was when it happened. Tragic  .  Sadly,watching C-Span daily,its amazing how many in Congress have forgotten.

I was shocked and somewhat speechless that day.  Then I cried, actually cried.  Those feelings felt very raw for a while.  I didn't know know anyone directly affected, but it hit me hard....really hard.  It was the Pearl Harbor of my generation.  For me, the world changed and my perception of the world is still changed.  Such strong emotions run through every part of my mind and body.  Impossible to forget that day, and on this day of remembrance, my emotions are, again, raw.

It is also important for me to remember that there are many kind, caring people in the world whose compassionate actions on a daily basis make our world better.  F**k the haters, those who mindless;y practice violence (of speech and action), who try to bring us all down.  We will survive...and thrive.

I visited the towers several times before 9-11-2001. The company I worked for had offices there. 

It's difficult to believe the towers are really gone. I'd like to get to the memorial in NYC, to remember, and honor those who were killed. 

It's a sad memory, and a good reason to focus on loving each other, rather than hating. 

It only made us stronger and reminded us who we are and what we stand for as a nation.